>> Using Pools at Other Resorts: FAQ and Questions (New) <<

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Lynne M, Aug 3, 2015.

1. rbarbieri

rbarbieri Earning My Ears

Thanks!

2. MudQueen22

MudQueen22 Mouseketeer

We have a trip planned with some of our relatives next summer. They are staying at the Pop Century, and we are staying at the Fort Wilderness Campground.
    Will we be able to swim together at each other's resorts?

It wasn't feasible for us all to stay at the same resort. Family members didn't want to rent a cabin for only 3 people, and the Pop Century doesn't offer hook ups for a camper.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. MaryLovesPoohBear

MaryLovesPoohBear DIS Veteran

Pool hopping is not allowed. If you own DVC you are allowed to hop to certain pools.

That said, if you ask, they might allow it.

DoryGirl1963 likes this.
  5. Average Joes

Average Joes Mouseketeer

A CM had told us that if we were under the limit for a camping site (10) we could add people as guests at the front desk up to the max per site. Of course CMs can be wrong. For example, a different CM told my wife that we could let the front desk at Poly know that we would like to have a family visit us from AoA and it should be ok. I found it really hard to believe. Never tried either option.

No to going to Pop.

6. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

I'm going to merge this into our Pool-Hopping FAQ thread at the top of this board.

7. MudQueen22

MudQueen22 Mouseketeer

Darn. I tried talking family into just sleeping off-site and letting us add them to our Fort Wilderness reservation since there would only be 7 of us if we did that. One person is elderly and has mild mobility issues, and I thought he could go back to our camper and rest if he wanted during the day. And we plan to have lunch or dinner meals for all of us at our camper regardless. (Our camper is too small for everyone to sleep, and male elderly relative is large and wouldn't be comfortable in any of our camper beds.) However, they have stayed at Pop before, they like it, and they don't like the unknown, and the campground is the unknown for them.

I know the kids will want to swim with them.

That's weird that the campground would allow them to ours, but not the other way around. The campground is considered a moderate. I guess we can ask. :/

8. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

You can do this at any resort, it's not just the campground. As long as you're not at the maximum room occupancy, you can add guests to your reservation.

Now, having said that, it can cause issues if you're on a package reservation, as there are package rules that require all guests on the reservation to have the same tickets and/or dining plan. If you add the guests at or after your arrival, however, they'll usually waive those rules.

You can ask the lifeguard (not the front desk) for permission to have guests at your pool, they *may* say yes.

9. MudQueen22

MudQueen22 Mouseketeer

Thanks for letting me know that, Lynne. We can't get on each other's reservations; they are arriving a few days after us and leaving a day before. :/

We aren't doing the dining plan, and I think they are.