Using outside ECV vendor last minute?

2010_Bride

DIS Veteran
Hello Friends!

Thanks to this group I had a great experience earlier this year renting an ECV from a preferred vendor.

We are returning to Disney during the second week of December. I am physically stronger than last time, but if I'm having some injury flare-ups walking will be difficult. We have planned shorter half days at the parks and a couple of rest days due to my concussion symptoms that really bothered me last time. If I'm having a good week then I should be alright walking around for half days taking breaks. I'm worried though, about what will happen if things flare up during my trip.

I'm wondering if people have had success renting from an outside vendor while at Disney for a scooter to be delivered the next day and kept for the remainder of the trip. I used Beuna Vista last time and would call them first, but if they didn't have a scooter I would be fine trying one of the other vendors.

I'm very torn. I don't want to waste money on a scooter rental for the week if I don't need it. I thought about just renting one at a park if needed, but we only have a couple of days where were are getting to the parks early. Many days it's either late morning or the evening.

Yep. Been there, done that! :)

Don't push the pain too far before you call; no point in needing a vacation to recover from your vacation when you get home! :)

Yep. Been there, done that! :)

Don't push the pain too far before you call; no point in needing a vacation to recover from your vacation when you get home! :)

And you didn’t have any trouble booking a scooter last minute?

Hello Friends!

Thanks to this group I had a great experience earlier this year renting an ECV from a preferred vendor.

We are returning to Disney during the second week of December. I am physically stronger than last time, but if I'm having some injury flare-ups walking will be difficult. We have planned shorter half days at the parks and a couple of rest days due to my concussion symptoms that really bothered me last time. If I'm having a good week then I should be alright walking around for half days taking breaks. I'm worried though, about what will happen if things flare up during my trip.

I'm wondering if people have had success renting from an outside vendor while at Disney for a scooter to be delivered the next day and kept for the remainder of the trip. I used Beuna Vista last time and would call them first, but if they didn't have a scooter I would be fine trying one of the other vendors.

I'm very torn. I don't want to waste money on a scooter rental for the week if I don't need it. I thought about just renting one at a park if needed, but we only have a couple of days where were are getting to the parks early. Many days it's either late morning or the evening.
I have had more trouble renting it the parks on last minute as they can run out of ECVs than ordering off site at last minute. might have to wait until next morning but could have to use wheelchair because park is out of ECVs got the day

And you didn’t have any trouble booking a scooter last minute?

No - I literally called from *within* the Park, told them I needed an ECV delivered as soon as they possibly could. A bit more than 30 minutes later I had wheels under my butt. They happened to be headed out to do a Resort delivery, so they added another unit on the truck for me, and away I went.

Keep the contact info for a couple of reputable vendors in your smartphone - don't wait until they have closed for the day to try and call - and remember that it *could* take them up to 2 hours, depending on how their trucks are running, and who they have available to bring one out to you.

Walker is highly regarded here; you must meet them for both drop off and pick up at a Resort (or Park). Buena Vista is also very highly regarded, and actually has a location at the Boardwalk Resort, and can drop off and/or pickup at any WDW Resort with Bell Services.

Keep in mind some outside rental agencies have 2 or 3 day minimum rentals on scooters.

Also, I would consider a longer day using a scooter. Obviously, you know your limits. I have found I can do a longer day at the parks using a scooter. To me this is payback for the cost of the scooter. If you get more hours in the park to me it's worth the extra cost. Park tickets cost money, too. If you get more for your money spent staying in a park longer than that's a win getting a scooter.

No - I literally called from *within* the Park, told them I needed an ECV delivered as soon as they possibly could. A bit more than 30 minutes later I had wheels under my butt. They happened to be headed out to do a Resort delivery, so they added another unit on the truck for me, and away I went.

Keep the contact info for a couple of reputable vendors in your smartphone - don't wait until they have closed for the day to try and call - and remember that it *could* take them up to 2 hours, depending on how their trucks are running, and who they have available to bring one out to you.

Walker is highly regarded here; you must meet them for both drop off and pick up at a Resort (or Park). Buena Vista is also very highly regarded, and actually has a location at the Boardwalk Resort, and can drop off and/or pickup at any WDW Resort with Bell Services.

Oh that's awful that you needed the scooter delivered to the park. I'm pleased to hear you were accommodated :)

I'll wait and see how I'm feeling the week leading up to our trip. If I'm feeling alright, then it's good to know I can (most likely) book a scooter from an outside vendor for delivery the next day. Since my severe car accident, my physical abilities vary quite drastically from week to week. I'm still getting used to my new situation :(

Keep in mind some outside rental agencies have 2 or 3 day minimum rentals on scooters.

Also, I would consider a longer day using a scooter. Obviously, you know your limits. I have found I can do a longer day at the parks using a scooter. To me this is payback for the cost of the scooter. If you get more hours in the park to me it's worth the extra cost. Park tickets cost money, too. If you get more for your money spent staying in a park longer than that's a win getting a scooter.

Thank you. Yes I do know about the two day rental requirements. Most likely I'll know within the first couple of days of my trip if I'll need a scooter. I went back in April and KNEW I would need one as I had difficulty walking more than five minutes at a time lol!

Oh that's awful that you needed the scooter delivered to the park. I'm pleased to hear you were accommodated :)

I'll wait and see how I'm feeling the week leading up to our trip. If I'm feeling alright, then it's good to know I can (most likely) book a scooter from an outside vendor for delivery the next day. Since my severe car accident, my physical abilities vary quite drastically from week to week. I'm still getting used to my new situation :(

You are too sweet - the fact that I had to have that ECV delivered to me at the Park was due to my own fear and stubbornness; I refused to use that thing until I literally had no other choice. I am still - all these years later - mad at myself for being so foolish, and trying to press on without assistance, when I so clearly needed it.

At the time, I only needed an ECV when I was at WDW (or other "intense" situations with lots of walking/standing). Now I require the use of a mobility device full time.

As not happy about that as I am, I am fully aware every day that I am *so* very fortunate. When I count my blessings every night, I always see how "rich" I am. I may never walk unassisted again, but in the grand scheme of things, it's a minor problem.

Many of us here understand about the ups and downs of recovery, and physical limitations. I don't know about you, but I find that when I am at Disney World, I hurt so much less, and I smile and laugh a lot more. I sleep through the night easily, and I rise early and ready to go. Not everyone gets that endorphin effect, but if you do... it's addictive! It's OK though; there are far worse "vices" I could participate in than a trip to Disney World a couple of times a year! LOL

My hope for you is that you have the most Magical trip possible! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts