Using New Points on an Existing Reservation.

Deb Compall

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone, I was hoping someone could help me. We are now closing on a resale contract that some of the points will expire in April. We already own at the Polly and booked a vacation 11 months out for March 2020. Can I swap out the Polly points for the BWV, or will I have to cancelled that reservation and make a new reservation using the boardwalk points? Then what happens to the Polly points?

Thanks, Debbie

You cannot use BWV points for a Poly booking made in home resort. You would need to cancel and rebook at 7 months.

Hi Everyone, I was hoping someone could help me. We are now closing on a resale contract that some of the points will expire in April. We already own at the Polly and booked a vacation 11 months out for March 2020. Can I swap out the Polly points for the BWV, or will I have to cancelled that reservation and make a new reservation using the boardwalk points? Then what happens to the Polly points?

Thanks, Debbie
You have to wait for the 7 month mark to cancel that Poly reservation and book with BWV points. This assumes that the villa will not get picked up by the waitlist first or someone else snaps it up before you do. Once the reservation is cancelled, the Poly points would be returned to that contract and will retain their UY and expiration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts