Using Magical Express...with Tent Camping??

_Cy_

Earning My Ears
So I get off of the bus at FW from MCO, navigate through the hoo-hah at the Reception Outpost, hitch up my backpack, walk to my loop, set up my tent. Is that the long and short of it? Is that accurate? Can someone advise where I pick up my backpack?

Many Thanks,

-Cy

Your backpack will be on the bus you are riding or will be there at the Outpost. Once checked in you can walk a short distance over and catch an internal bus to your loop where your campsite is located.

Tell them at check-in that you flew in. They will drive you and your belongings to your site in a van. (Your not allowed to bring bags/luggage on the buses) Call them when you're checking out and they will pick you up in a van and bring you back up front to catch the Magical Express.

I have seen a family of 4 bring all their luggage on the bus one evening. They seems confused on where they were going. I think they wanted to book the Wilderness Lodge but accidentally booked a Fort Wilderness cabin thinking it was part of the lodge.

Just for clarification you could be dealing with 2 buses. The first bus would be the DME from MCO to FW. The second bus would/could be the internal FW bus.

When it comes to your backpack you should have two options. The first would be to attach the yellow luggage tags to your backpack/bags before you check it at your home airport and let Disney handle it so when you get ot MCO all you need to do is head to the DME. I believe you would have to pick it up at the Outpost as they would not deliver it to your site. Also it will not arrive at the Outpost until about 3 hours after you check in, so if you have your tent you would probably need to use option 2 if you want your tent set up right away. The second would be to not put the yellow tags on it and get it at baggage claim yourself and then bring it to DME yourself. On the DME it would be placed under the bus for the ride to FW. Once at FW you get it from the bus driver and do what a PP said, at check in at the Outpost tell them you flew in, have a bag with you and they will give you a ride to your site. As the PP also said you are not supposed top bring luggage on the internal bus, however I have had carry-on's a couple times with me as I was never offered a ride to my Cabin and when I asked how I get there they told me to take the internal bus. I have also seen a couple people with backpacks but the buses were pretty much empty so I don't know if that was the reason or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter