Using Canadian Disney Gift Cards

I have read that you can buy a bunch of cards and consolidate them together on the disney gift card website. Can this be done with the Canadian cards? if so, is there a maximum amount that you can put on a card? And can any card be used as the main card? For example, my local Loblaws has the 50$ gift cards...can i buy a bunch and consolidate them onto one of the $50 cards?

I have read that you can buy a bunch of cards and consolidate them together on the disney gift card website. Can this be done with the Canadian cards? if so, is there a maximum amount that you can put on a card? And can any card be used as the main card? For example, my local Loblaws has the 50$ gift cards...can i buy a bunch and consolidate them onto one of the $50 cards?

I believe you can consolidate up to $1000 CDN on the CDN cards.

Here's the website: https://www.disneygiftcard.com/

You definitely can! I bought so many last year and consolidated them into $1000 increments. Just make sure you take them with you in case you need to be refunded. I just kept all of mine in a baggie in the safe in my room even though they were all empty.

You definitely can! I bought so many last year and consolidated them into $1000 increments. Just make sure you take them with you in case you need to be refunded. I just kept all of mine in a baggie in the safe in my room even though they were all empty.

omg, I would have TONS of them! I can only find them in $25 and $50 denominations. I'm hoping to have at least $1500 CDN by our next trip in Feb/May 2021.

Can you pay for your resort over the phone using the gift cards vs. credit card? If I could do that, it would be much easier!

omg, I would have TONS of them! I can only find them in $25 and $50 denominations. I'm hoping to have at least $1500 CDN by our next trip in Feb/May 2021.
I did have tons of them! Lol but I heard you need to have them in case there’s an issue. I was nervous so I took them all!

Can you pay for your resort over the phone using the gift cards vs. credit card? If I could do that, it would be much easier!
You can do it online. I did it last year with gift cards I got at Sams club. We saved a few hundred dollars doing it that way! I’m assuming you should be able to do it over the phone, but I had about 10 cards to get the right denominations between my sister and I thought it would be confusing over the phone.

I didn't realize you could make payments on your resort online! I thought you had to call Disney. Maybe that is for any changes to your reservation...?

I didn't realize you could make payments on your resort online! I thought you had to call Disney. Maybe that is for any changes to your reservation...?
I have always had to call to make changes and always paid online. I used to hate calling because of the bill, but because of awesome Canadian Dis’ers I downloaded what’s app and call
For free!

I believe you can consolidate up to $1000 CDN on the CDN cards.

Here's the website: https://www.disneygiftcard.com/

Really? That's great! I thought it was only the US Funds gift cards that could be consolidated. I've already consolidated those but I have almost half a dozen CAN Funds gift cards in $25's and $50's. Thanks!

Here is a gift card newbie question - can you consolidate on a $50 card or does it have to be one of those cards with a range ie $25-$500? TIA

I'm assuming the only real advantage is to save on the forex fee? I have a card that doesn't charge fees on USD transactions, so I'm not sure if going the gift card route is worth the hassle.

Here is a gift card newbie question - can you consolidate on a $50 card or does it have to be one of those cards with a range ie $25-$500? TIA
I'm pretty sure you can consolidate on any card once it's loaded onto the website. At first all I had for my trip last spring were the $50 cards and I'm sure I was able to consolidate those ones before I found any loadable ones.

Once I have one loaded up (let's say to $1,000), can I then pay for my onsite resort stay on the WDW website? Or do I need to call them and do it over the phone?

Once I have one loaded up (let's say to $1,000), can I then pay for my onsite resort stay on the WDW website? Or do I need to call them and do it over the phone?

I have used them to put payments on my Disney package through the WDW website. I didn't have to call to do so. It was actually pretty easy. I'll continue to do so until I've paid it off. I have a package, not just a room only though, not sure if that would be different.

I'm curious about this as well. I have a reservation (just resort) and I can't seem to located where I make additional payments online.

For our trip last year I had to call, there was no online payment option. It's looking the same for this year's trip. Both trips were room only with my Canadian resident tickets purchased separately. It was really easy though. It's all automated and you just punch in the GC numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts