Using Canadian Disney Gift Cards

Trinity88

DIS Veteran
I've seen lots of threads about where to get the gift cards and have confirmed that my shoppers has them. We travel in 4 days, so the trip is paid off (including dining plan), but we will have tips and souveniers charged to our room account.

Can anyone confirm that I can use Canadian Disney gift cards to pay off the amount charged during our trip? Has anyone done it recently? I really don't want to buy a large gift card and find out it can't be used. But my credit card charges an extra percentage when converting from US dollars to CDN, so I'd love to be able to save that charge.

Yes, you can.

We are here now and doing this exactly. I take a trip to the desk every couple days to pay off my balance with my gift card.

You have to let them know that it was purchased in Canadian funds and they will need to type in the card # rather than swiping it.

No problems at all!

Disney gift cards are awesome! I used them everywhere I went last week with no issues and used them to pay off my balance at the resort. I would get them again for future trips :)

Yes, you can.

We are here now and doing this exactly. I take a trip to the desk every couple days to pay off my balance with my gift card.

You have to let them know that it was purchased in Canadian funds and they will need to type in the card # rather than swiping it.

No problems at all!

Noted for our trip, we'll be taking a few down that are Xmas presents and I'll remember to tell everyone that if their cashiers have issues to type the number in!

When I was in DL a couple of weeks ago, they don’t have to type in card #s, and I didn’t have to tell them it’s a Canadian card. The system automatically converts currency. They just needed to use manual scanner on card instead of swipe. They work great. I buy a few gift cards here and use them at the parks for dining and shopping.
It’s also safer than using debit or credit card. I have heard of people having had cards compromised at Disney.

Hi, I have a quick question regarding using the cards in Disney World as well as I've never used them before. Can I load money onto the cards and then use them to pay for Dining at restaurants or do I need to charge all my expenses to my magic band and then pay at the Disney resort we are staying at?

Hi, I have a quick question regarding using the cards in Disney World as well as I've never used them before. Can I load money onto the cards and then use them to pay for Dining at restaurants or do I need to charge all my expenses to my magic band and then pay at the Disney resort we are staying at?
You can definitely use them for dining and souvenirs in the parks. Have a great trip!

Hi Can you use the Canadain disney gift cards on the Disneyworld web page to buy the memory maker?

I just did it at All STAR Sports. It took 30 minutes at the front desk both times . A bit of a pain but it did work.

Has anyone seen the Disney gift cards in Edmonton? I'll assume I could get them at the Disney Store, but anywhere else?
You can definitely get them at the Disney store, they have cuter cards there than anywhere else. I'm in Beaumont and can get them at my Shoppers so I'm guessing you could get them at most shoppers around here. I've also seen them at Canadian Tire.

I believe they use the closing rate from the prior day . There is another thread about DGCs on here, I think they mentioned that.

I'm not sure about that. We spent a week at WDW in January and had three $500 (CAN) gift cards to help pay down our room balance. I used them on three different (non-consecutive) days and the exchange was exactly the same to the cent each time. I have a currency app and when I converted $500 Canadian to US funds, the Disney exchange rate was actually a tiny bit better than the app's by about $3 US.

I'm not sure about that. We spent a week at WDW in January and had three $500 (CAN) gift cards to help pay down our room balance. I used them on three different (non-consecutive) days and the exchange was exactly the same to the cent each time. I have a currency app and when I converted $500 Canadian to US funds, the Disney exchange rate was actually a tiny bit better than the app's by about $3 US.
Good to know! Always a bonus when the exchange works in our favour!
As I mentioned, I was going off information on another thread. I am not going to Disney World until February 2020, so would not know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter