Using a walker/rollator?

goofynut41

Disney Veteran
I recently had surgery on my lung and am afraid that I will not be 100% by our trip. I was going to bring a rollator with me to rest from time to time. Can you use the walker/rollator while waiting in line? Is there a way that the cast member can take the walker at the ride/attraction and give it to you after you exit the ride?

Yes you can take your roller in line for you and the CM will move it to the exit when need be ( when the Exit is different location then boarding) I think for POTCB they may want you to use a wheelchair ( you do not have to sit in the wheelchair but can push it like you do your roller this is because the unload area is in a totally different building and they might have a harder time getting your roller there before you get to the unload area.

I was able to take my rollator in line for pirates of carribean and they did have it by the exit for me. For Jungle Cruise they have a wheel chair loading area but I couldn’t take my walker in line. I was able to park it and we had fast passes so I was able to do that without the rollator. It wasn’t a long walk. I guess if I couldn’t I would have needed a wheelchair return time. I assume they had wheelchairs there to use. I honestly didn’t ask what they do. I will get a fast pass for this ride when we want to ride it. At Spaceship earth in Epcot I was directed to the exit to wait with wheelchairs and they took us up to load. Most every other ride I took it in line with me.

My rollator is my lifeline at Disney. DH doesn't go on rides so I usually walk the lines by myself and the CMs have always taken very good care of my rollator and it's waiting for me at the ride exit

Rollators are handled exactly like wheelchairs; when the CMs see the wheelchair or rollator, they will route you to the correct place. In most cases, that will be the regular entrance. Some attractions have different boarding areas, but the bypass that takes you there is usually close to the regular boarding area.

You will see many people using them in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter