USH vs USO - who has been to both

goofy!

<font color=green>You have to ride a roller coaste
California Newbie here again.

We are APH holders at Universal Orlando and go quite often. We will be in Southern Cal end of March. Recently, several people have told me to just skip Universal Hollywood, as we will be disappointed after Orlando.

Anybody else want to chime in here? In our limited time there, should we just skip Universal and try to see something else like Knotsberry Farm or an extra day at DL? (FWIW - we just spent 10 days at Universal Orlando over Thanksgiving).

I understand that USH Mummy is different than USO Mummy. Are there any differences between the two parks in JPR?

Thanks!

I love them both for totally different reasons. USO is set up awesome. I love the different sections (Hollywood, NY ect). And it is bigger, and has more to do, especially with Islands of Adventure there now. However, overall I prefer USH. The backlot tour is awesome! I love going and seeing the mini sets from movies I've grown up seeing (Back to the Future is very cool).

The rides are basically the same, although they put Earthquake and some other stuff on the backlot tour instead of having to wait in a separate line. (It's been about 4 years since I've been to USO so I can't remember all the attractions they had) If you like Universal Studios as much as I think you do, don't skip USH. It's really a Hollywood movie experience. I'm heading there in July, and I cannot wait!!!!
:cool2:

If you can spend 10 days in USO, you don't want to miss USH. I do not like USO. We had such a bad experience back in 1999, I vowed never to return. We never visited IOA.

When it came time to plan the LA trip, I decided to give USH a chance. I can not tell you how much we loved the place. It was small in layout, but they filled the place with plenty to do. The overlooks of Burbank are breathtaking. We loved the backlot tour. We even got to go down Wisteria Lane. If they are shooting that day, you will only drive by. Shoot for a weekend trip to increase your chances of going down the street. After the tour you can pick up guaranteed seating tickets for Leno. I was even impressed with the Waterworld show even though I've never seen the movie. Get there early, the preshow activities are pretty funny. Just don't sit too close to the water.

Do not skip USH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter