Useless facts/Chit Chat Thread

You might be a Fort Friend if you have dressed a dog or cat as Santa Claus, elf helper, or reindeer.

(or maybe just a redneck :santa:)

You might be a Fort Friend if you steal light bulbs from you neighbor's outdoor display to replenish your own supply.

(or maybe just a redneck :santa:)

Ya know I could go on all night with these.

Merry Christmas !!!

Did you know that the USA helps to support communist China each Christmas by importing 400 million dollars worth of Chinese-made Christmas ornaments each Christmas.

Lighted Christmas ornaments were perhaps inspired by the second century pagan practice of placing human sacrifices in large wicker baskets, suspending them from a tree, and setting fire to the basket. (how quaint:crazy2:)
At first, Christmas trees used lighted candles until electric lights came along in 1895.
(what a wacky world we live in)

It is said that Queen Elizabeth I served the first gingerbread men at Christmas to important visitors at court. :confused3

CNN Money reports that shoppers will return more than $46.28 billion this year, a record amount for holiday returns according to the National Retail Federation.

A survey taken by Western Union taken last year found that 75 percent of Americans claimed to have lied at least once about liking a gift that they really did not like.

The Average American/Canadian eats about 11.9lbs of cereal per year.

The Average American/Canadian drinks about 600 soda’s per year.

More People use blue toothbrushes then red ones.

Your statistical chance of being murdered is one in twenty thousand.

Your statistical chance of being murdered is one in twenty thousand.

A recent Gallup poll shows that 69 percent of Americans believe they will go somewhere after death.

(I hope it's to Disney World :banana:!)

To prevent evil spirits from entering the bodies of their male children, parents dressed them in blue. Blue was chosen because it's the color of the sky and was therefore associated with heavenly spirits.

Girls weren't dressed in blue, apparently because people didn't think that evil spirits would bother with them. Eventually, however, girls did get their own color: pink. Pink was chosen because of an old English legend which said that girls were born inside of pink roses.

there, now you know.

Starfish have no brains.
(I'm renaming the employess I work with, gonna call'em Starfish)

A cat's urine glows under a black light.
(also a few other human bodily fluids)

Happy New Year !!

The first man to distill bourbon whiskey in the United States was a Baptist preacher, in 1789.
(and then he taught my buddy Jack,
(that's Mr. Daniels to you) )
--------------------------
Leonardo da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.

An ostrich's eye is bigger that it's brain.
What a coincidence, that's true of the young people I have to work with !!:lmao:

Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots.

The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.

I was looking for a thread where we could great everyone a happy new year.
I could not find one.
anyway Happy new year everyone! :banana:

The Ritz cracker was introduced to markets in 1934, but gourmets had to wait until 1953 for the invention of cheese in a can.

Of which, (the cheese inna can) can be purchased at the Meadows Store for the low price of $7.25 per can. (crackers not included)

--------------------------

In Bavaria, beer isn't considered an alcoholic drink but rather a staple food.

hmmm, I wonder if Disney would ever build a campground there ? :rolleyes1

Oooo!

Another Ghost Post resurrected from the annals of obscurity.

I didn’t remember this one.

j

This thread was created by Gatordad before we had the community board. We kept getting in trouble for goofing around and being off topic. This way there was a thread to keep all the useless chatter. It was the first thread to be on the community board.

wow, this thread lives.......

Gatordad!?

l0bqN.gif

Okay folks, you know the rules. Be careful exploring the crypts and make sure your torches don't catch the cobwebs on fire.

Oh, and watch for traps...
22.gif

(Since it's opening day for Star Wars the Last Jedi we'll use BB-8 instead...

This thread was created by Gatordad before we had the community board. We kept getting in trouble for goofing around and being off topic. This way there was a thread to keep all the useless chatter. It was the first thread to be on the community board.
What are you talking about Denise. The Highly Sophisticated and Classy people here in camping forums, goof around and get off topic ? I find that very hard to believe

Pete was waxing nostalgic last week, I am not surprised he cracked under the pressure and bumped this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!