Useless Facts/Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicole- Forget about drinking..can your dh still eat mickey head ice cream bars,:mickeybar how about a dole whip, if he can well life is still worth living ? If not, we will have to work something out...heehee ::yes::

Glad to see thing are getting better. Tell Jim all of us former Jarheads working here at the fire department at Parris Island will drink for our Navy buddy in need. Good luck and a speedy recovery.

Nicole, This has been hard on both of you -- hope & pray that everything gets a lot better soon!

Hey all,

Just an update. We are still at the hospital. 2 weeks and going strong! I however don't smell strong because we have a private room with a shower.:thumbsup2 Jim went into a second surgery on Monday, and they put a tube coming out of his back into a bag that is draining the left kidney. YUCK!!!!! He was not doing well before that. His blood pressure was all over the place. At one point he was 199/90! Pulse was racing and running a temp. Everyone was running around crazy and all worried. After they put the drainage bag in he has been doing much better, and actually might be able to go home in the next couple of days. They are going to try and get him on the schedule for next week to take out the left kidney, and then we will worry about the right one after. That one seems to be doing much better and healing since the stent was put in. He isn't too happy however that he can't drink anymore. He said-You haven't even made any kungaloosh yet, now I can't try it. He is bummed about the handle of Capt. he has in the freezer too.:sad2: I suppose we will take living over that though. ::yes::

Ami, welcome back. I will be getting on my computer tonight, then I can see your pics!

Talk to you all soon! Thanks again for all your prayers, they are obviously working!:hug:

Hey Nicole! Amanda kept me up to date on Jim while I was away!!!! You and your family have been in my prayers!!!!! I'm glad to hear he is on the road to recovery. As for drinking....there are many vices he can aquire that will not harm his kidney! ;) Make him a virgin Kungaloosh with raspberry juice instead of the alcohol and be silly anyway! Life is good!!!!!

Ami-

Bienvenue à la maison!! Avez-vous eu un bon temps? Disney Paris était aussi beau que Walt Disney World? Je suis en attente d'un compte rendu du voyage!

Tant que nous réunir à nouveau-

Deb

Thank you thank you!!!! It was a wonderful trip!!!!! DLP is not anywhere close to as fabulous as Disney World. I loved it....but it really made me appreciate what we have here! Actually, I found DLP rather amusing. It was so stereotypically American! The resorts are NYC, New England and mid west themed. We went to one restaurant that was called Billy Bobs and they made an attempt at Country western music (avec french accents :lmao: ) The whole area is very small and crammed together, but it did make it possible for DD and I to see it all in a very short amount of time.

It's good to be home.....

Jim and Nicole - hang in there and Godspeed. I will work on a suitable non-alcoholic Kungaloosh recipe for you when I have use of both hands.

Here's a few from London......I took hundreds of pics, so these are just a smidge:

DH and I in front of Buckingham Palace

europe387.jpg

The telephone booth

europe355.jpg

The original Hard Rock Cafe

europe428.jpg

My debonair DH before we went to the theatre

europe365.jpg

This was a great little Pub (frequented by Dickens) on Fleet Street

europe352.jpg

We went to one of Gordan Ramsay's restaurants (Hell's Kitchen Dude). This was the most delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwhich I ever had!

europe362.jpg

Hey, I have eaten at that hard rock!!! Been a while, but I was there in like 88 I think!

Ah, these are the pics I wanted to see Ami! I want to go! I sure wouldn't mind sitting in that pub with dh for a while either! :thumbsup2

Nicole - I truly admire the strength you are showing when conveying the facts about Jim. You are a very special person!! I am praying that everything comes together and that Jim will get to come home soon! Just being in your own surroundings can have a great healing effect. :hug:

Ami-

Vos photos sont une grande! Je suis tellement heureux que vous passé un bon moment!

Nous avons pris bien soin de vous au Grand Gathering. J'espère que vous avez aimé nous autant que nous avons aimé vous! Ha!

(What the heck did I just say?)

Deb

Thank you thank you!!!! It was a wonderful trip!!!!! DLP is not anywhere close to as fabulous as Disney World. I loved it....but it really made me appreciate what we have here! Actually, I found DLP rather amusing. It was so stereotypically American! The resorts are NYC, New England and mid west themed. We went to one restaurant that was called Billy Bobs and they made an attempt at Country western music (avec french accents :lmao: ) The whole area is very small and crammed together, but it did make it possible for DD and I to see it all in a very short amount of time.

It's good to be home.....

I agree with your assessment of eurodisney. and the NY restaurant was not that great, nor was the NY hotel.

Hey all,

Just an update. We are still at the hospital. 2 weeks and going strong! I however don't smell strong because we have a private room with a shower.:thumbsup2 Jim went into a second surgery on Monday, and they put a tube coming out of his back into a bag that is draining the left kidney. YUCK!!!!! He was not doing well before that. His blood pressure was all over the place. At one point he was 199/90! Pulse was racing and running a temp. Everyone was running around crazy and all worried. After they put the drainage bag in he has been doing much better, and actually might be able to go home in the next couple of days. They are going to try and get him on the schedule for next week to take out the left kidney, and then we will worry about the right one after. That one seems to be doing much better and healing since the stent was put in. He isn't too happy however that he can't drink anymore. He said-You haven't even made any kungaloosh yet, now I can't try it. He is bummed about the handle of Capt. he has in the freezer too.:sad2: I suppose we will take living over that though. ::yes::

Ami, welcome back. I will be getting on my computer tonight, then I can see your pics!

Talk to you all soon! Thanks again for all your prayers, they are obviously working!:hug:

I hereby order Jim to get well quick, and his family to rest easy.

Living in Florida for all of my adult life... I really wished I had taken Spanish. Not so I could converse with anyone, but so that I could understand what was being said & then surprise them by making a rude comment!!!!

I am glad that I can understand enough Spanish to get the gist and then make the rude comment. It always freaks the kids out because they think they are being so sly. I have this really good friend at work that is of Cuban decent, but has absolutely no accent. It is fun to hear her go off on unsuspecting people. It is very entertaining. She always loses me when she talks to her family because they go from English to Spanish back and forth like changing utensils.:lmao:

I am glad that I can understand enough Spanish to get the gist and then make the rude comment. It always freaks the kids out because they think they are being so sly.

Again,,, you are my HERO!!

If anyone cares, GATOR SEASON OFFICIALLY OPENED IN FLORIDA TODAY!!

We have until August to hunt down....
920159ffbd086829ca01cbdb89ab5ac696a.gif

You in, Jen???

Nicole, our prayers are with you for more speedy recoveries coming for your DH. :hug:

Jim, I hope your wrist is doing better.

Ami, great pictures! Keep 'em coming!popcorn::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter