Use my DDP to pay for guests?

Dawn Peterson

Mouseketeer
My parents are traveling with us and we have 2 meals planned together. I was wondering if I could use my DDP credits to pay for them at Coral Reef and Garden Grill or maybe just one of those. I could have sworn I saw where you can use credits for people dining with you. Anyone with 2019 dining plan experience?

You can spend your dining credits as you wish. You are not limited to spending only 1 set of credits per meal nor are you forced to use your credits when you want to spend cash.

I don't know that it's encouraged but we were able to do this on our 2018 trip. One member of our group came in a few days earlier than the rest of us and had some TS credits to use. The 4 of us had lunch at WCC on the day the rest of us arrived and she was able to to use the rest of her TS credits (I think she had 2 left); however, she had to put the rest of the entire bill on her card/magic band in order to be permitted to do that. The rest of us just paid her back after the trip.

I don't know that it's encouraged but we were able to do this on our 2018 trip. One member of our group came in a few days earlier than the rest of us and had some TS credits to use. The 4 of us had lunch at WCC on the day the rest of us arrived and she was able to to use the rest of her TS credits (I think she had 2 left); however, she had to put the rest of the entire bill on her card/magic band in order to be permitted to do that. The rest of us just paid her back after the trip.

Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter