US Internal flight queries from a UK resident

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by Queen-Bee, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!

I've written this in the UK section as i didn't feel that it would fit in the Transportation section as i suppose its directed most at people who live in the UK.

We have an internal Delta flight between LAX and MCO at the end of this month, I haven't travelled internally in almost 10 years and I’ve never flown from LAX.

From what I remember its not like an international flight and more like a secure bus stop? I also cant find anything documented on where I need to go when I get there to fly to MCO, are there separate terminals?

Sorry if I sound really stupid! I'm just trying to be prepared.

Thanks! :goodvibes

2. MooseBucks

MooseBucks Living the Dream

Flew from LAX this week. Security was a breeze for me (US Citizen). I’m assuming you’re spending some time in LAX and won’t be coming directly from an international destination? Shouldn’t be all that difficult but I still recommend arriving 2 hours before your flight boards to be safe. LA traffic is notoriously horrible and it can take a significant time to travel a short distance so keep that in mind also.

3. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee Mouseketeer

Thank you. We will be flying from London, spending the week in LA and then flying on to Orlando for 2 weeks before we come home.

I will make sure we're there nice and early, our flight is not until 21:50 so i am hoping it wont be as busy as usual.

4. saintrob

saintrob DIS Veteran

We've done exactly the same route as you several times. It's a breeze however I agree that the LA traffic can be horrendous. It's great when you arrive at MCO and don't have to queue in the immigration hall.

5. Jon84

Jon84 wdwaddictuk

We had the same time flight last year. Traffic was still horrific, even just getting the transfer bus from the Alamo Car Hire Drop off to the Terminal.