us dollar

crazygolfer

Earning My Ears
How much longer should i wait to buy my dollars for my trip to orlando in sept the rate is very good at the moment.Does any one think it will go up any more!!:D

I would like to know that as well - we go in October - I check the rate daily and you're quite right it does look quite good at the moment. I have also wondered whether it would be too soon to get travellers chqs - the only reason I say this is bcoz if I have the money rather than hang on to it and spend it could I get the TC now or not - are they only valid for a certain length of time or should I just try and wait.

thanks

TC's don't expire.

I have no idea about what will happen to the exchange rate...if I did, I be speculating in the Money markets and making my fortune :smooth:

I suppose you could balance your gamble...buy half now and watch to see what happens...if it starts to go down, buy the rest - comfortable in the knowledge that atleast you got <i>some</i> at the best rate you could, but if it continues to rise, you can hold off as long as possible and you'd still be getting a good deal (just not as good as if you'd held off)

Penny :D

If only we had a crystal ball.......... ;)

We're going to Florida in October as well. I bought some TCs a few weeks ago and have decided to get some more this week whilst the rate is still good (or at least a lot better than it has been recently).

Whatever the rate does between now and October I'll be fairly happy that I've had some of it at a decent rate.

Intercash (who seem to be local to the Portsmouth area) have a deal where, if you pay for your currency up to 3 months before you need it, you get the better of the exchange rates for when you pay or when you collect the money. They also charge zero commission and good exchange rates.

Don't worry I have not done so because:

a) I am not sure I would trust them to stay in business.

b) I have not got the money to spend that far in advance.

The guy who made Billions when the £ crashed by having his money in $ (cannot remember his name) was on David Frosts Sunday morning programme recently and said we could well hit the $2 - £1 mark, the short term view of the experts is that the $ will continue to fall for some time!
Ben

Hi,
Cynical Mick here after reading Ben's last reply qouting the "experts" I would buy now 'cause in my experience they are nearly always wrong!!!!

Mick.

:smooth:

Originally posted by Tom'sdad
The guy who made Billions when the £ crashed by having his money in $ (cannot remember his name) was on David Frosts Sunday morning programme recently and said we could well hit the $2 - £1 mark, the short term view of the experts is that the $ will continue to fall for some time!
Ben

If we get back to £1 to $2 I'm going to buy that villa I promised myself. Although I'm no expert, I can't see the American economy weakening that much (unless every blue chip company is found to have been cooking the books...).

Regards

Rob

We're going to WDW in Sept I got half of my saved spending money changed to $ this week, will wait another little while to see if it goes up a little further. I think you're right though can't see it going 2-1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter