Us Airways flight 1549 goes down in Hudson river in NYC!!!!

jlatina32

Mouseketeer
I thank the Lord and my Heavenly father that the passengers made it out alive.:scared1: Shortly after takeoff the pilots reported engine trouble. Reports speculate it was a flock of seagulls that blew out two engines.

I was freaking out for the most part when I first heard. I have such a fear of flying as it is and just watching this unfold on the news has me very nervous. Especially since my family and I are flying out next month to WDW :scared:

My intentions is not to freak people out cause I am buggin' all on my own right now. I also understand it is an accident and things like this happen. I just needed to let it out and I know I can count on my fellow Disers to share their sentiments and as usual support to a scardy cat like me.

My husband is at Laguardia right now waiting to get on his USAirways flight to get home. I am soo thankful that he wasn't on that flight. But it is so incredible that everyone made it out safely...that pilot deserves a big round of applause!

He did say that if that was his flight he would never fly again...which would put a crimp in our Disney trips and I don't think his employer would be really pleased either! So double amounts of gratefulness from me! :)

My husband is at Laguardia right now waiting to get on his USAirways flight to get home. I am soo thankful that he wasn't on that flight. But it is so incredible that everyone made it out safely...that pilot deserves a big round of applause!

He did say that if that was his flight he would never fly again...which would put a crimp in our Disney trips and I don't think his employer would be really pleased either! So double amounts of gratefulness from me! :)

AMEN!!! That pilot deserves an applause and some!!!! He is definately an extraordinary man!!!!:thumbsup2 I am also thankful that your husband is well.

AMEN!!! That pilot deserves an applause and some!!!! He is definately an extraordinary man!!!!:thumbsup2 I am also thankful that your husband is well.

Very true. Whoever can land a commercial jet in a river deserves some gratitude since that is one of the hardest landing techniques.

So far, Flight 1549 has been all they are talking about on the 5:00 pm news.

I completely agree. Thank goodness that all of the people on the plane survived.

I thank the Lord and my Heavenly father that the passengers made it out alive.:scared1: Shortly after takeoff the pilots reported engine trouble. Reports speculate it was a flock of seagulls that blew out two engines.

I was freaking out for the most part when I first heard. I have such a fear of flying as it is and just watching this unfold on the news has me very nervous. Especially since my family and I are flying out next month to WDW :scared:

My intentions is not to freak people out cause I am buggin' all on my own right now. I also understand it is an accident and things like this happen. I just needed to let it out and I know I can count on my fellow Disers to share their sentiments and as usual support to a scardy cat like me.

We fly out in March and I am SO afraid! I know these things can happen, BUT I am so terrified of flying. I pretty much cry during take off and I am always sick in the morning before flying. I am really no use to my poor husband and three kids. My kids think it's funny that mommy is scared of something. I'm glad I'm not the only person not fond of being in the air!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter