US AIR cutting 16% of flights....

Originally posted by DebbieB
I just checked USAir's timetables and they have the revised times up, this is for Dec 6 to 13:

PIT/MCO - 9:15, 11:55, 1:05, 8:45, 10:10
MCO/PIT - 8:30, 9:50, 12:35, 5:10

They are all 757 flights (except 10:10pm), so they must be keeping them for now.

I'm surprised they have 2 late evening, I guess more people than you think go then.

Luckily our flights are still there - 11:35 moved to 11:55 and 1:00 return moved to 12:35.

The announcement said Nov 2, but it looks like they made some changes in October too.

Debbie ,
Thanks for the update. Our flights in Feb, if they keep the same times, look safe for now(9:15 am leaving Pittsburgh and 9:50 am leaving MCO). I guess we just have to wait it out for Febuary schedule now.;)

I just called USAIR to check on my flights. I was fairly sure the morning flight out would be ok, since they only made it 5 minutes earlier. I feel sorry for the people who were on the 7:45 flight, its gone. And for our return, I got back the 5:10 flight I originally had. At least I will get home before midnight, plus we will be able to pick up the dog from my sister when we get home. I hope not too many people aren't put out by the new schedule.

Good Luck every one,

Kim

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :cool: :jester: :cool: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I am also flying out of Philly on the 14th. What time is your flight? We are taking the 6:10 am flight and have not been notified of any changes.

:confused:

kdibattista,

They just posted the revised schedule on their website this morning. I suggest going to the site and search your departure and return days. Thats how I knew what flights had changed out of Pittsburgh. Then I called USAIR's 800 # and checked my flights. Also, they not only changed flight times, they changed to 757 from 737, more capacity, so I guess that's how they are handling less flights but not having to cancel people's flights.

Kim

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :jester: ;) :jester: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I just checked my flights - they changed. One major change - the equipment went from a Boeing 757 to a Boeing 737-400 :rolleyes:, the other flight went from an Airbus A321 to a Boeing 757. I liked the "old" aircraft choices better - but these new flights give me a whole half hour more at Disney (woohoo :rolleyes: )

they used to have a flight that left Pit to MCO at 9:55 in the evening, it used to be dubbed the "non-rev special". This is the flight that always had the employees on it who wanted to go to MCO> I don't doubt that they will bring the early am flight back to pit for the mco route. They are going into the fall schedule now and then the winter one, come spring I bet they bring it back for the summer travel. They are constantly changing times and right now this is what it is but I have a feeling a lot of it will change with flyer demand. (meaning what times get booked first. they'll watch and see what flights book first when people are making their ressies and adjust teh times accordingly.)
I am wondering if they will follow AA in taking out a lot of the first class seating. Very few are paying the price to fly up there, most of those seats are FTP upgrades.

Boy,
I am glad that I read this board. USAIR changed my flight, not by much. Our flight out of PHL leaves at 8:00an instead of 8:15 am and coming back we leave at 6:45 pm instead of 6:05pm. they changed out seating too, I had aisle seats for my son and I an now on the way down we have a window and and a middle seat. Oh well at least the change was not that bad, we do get some extra time in WDW every minute counts!

our flight from phila, leaves at 1:20PM--- we are not early birds---- I think it was originally scheduled at 1:39PM--so it is only a bit earlier.

our flight from phila, leaves at 1:20PM--- we are not early birds---- I think it was originally scheduled at 1:39PM--so it is only a bit earlier.

I just checked my USAir flights for our Disney cruise next April 25 - May 3. Our return has been changed from 1110 a to 1015a. YIKES! Will we be able to make that flight?:confused:

I'd call and try to get them to put you on the 12:45PM (or, which ever flight is around that time) so you can make sure you make it. Tell them that you are coming from a cruise, and that is why you need to change it. They shouldn't charge you since they made a change to your flight times.

Plutospup your flight will change again and again and again until your flt in april. Relax, the last scheduel change for you should be in jan. Then I would call and do something about it, or you could simply call them now and tellthem to put an OSI message in regarding your cruise and the times that you need.

Of course you're right. OK, deep cleansing breath.....Much better now. Unfortunately, we "over planners" go a little haywire over these matters. There's a reason DD5 calls me "Mr. Goof". BTW what is an OSI message?

kdibattista -

I'll call UsAir, the 6:15 flight no longer exists, they've changed all the morning flights!!! The earliest flight is at 6:50 now. I was originally booked on the 7:45, no longer exists!!! The morning flights used to be 6:10, 7:45, and 8:15. Looks like they deleted the 6:10 flight and moved the 7:45 to an earlier time. The 8:15 looks like to be a 8:00. I think it's that way, since I said I was on the 7:45 and now am on the 6:50 and have the same seats as before. Totally guessing on my part, so I could be wrong. Good luck!!! It seems like they haven't really gotten around to reaccomdating everyone yet, since I was on hold for 5 minutes while she was updating my record.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter