URGENT Help Needed Final Payment for Cruise

Glad it worked out. But really Disney doesn't want your $800 to not cruise. They want the rest of your money to cruise and spend even more on board. Call it "enlightened self interest." I'm glad they made it right.

Thank you everyone for your advice and pixie dust. So for those of you that wanted to know why I waited until the last minute to pay, I didn't to be clear. I literally booked the cruise this weekend, put it on hold while I gathered all of our gift cards. Not thinking things 100% through, I started entering the gift cards a couple hours after putting the cruise on hold. I had about $1206 more to enter but you know life happens and so I just figured I would come back to it on Sunday. Sunday rolls around I get ready to finish entering the cards and the option to split the payments is not longer there and is was 8:06 EST so DCL was closed. We tried combining them but with it being $1206 you can't combine up to the amount, so the cruise was in fact canceled. :( Confirmed I was going to be out about $800 "deposit" for the cruise.

Got on the phone with DCL first thing Monday morning, they were great! They could see where I had tried to finish paying for it, took them about an hour but they got everything reversed and I gave them my final two gift cards and we are set to sail May 13! While it worked out great, I will never do that again. I should have just taken the extra time to finish it off on Saturday. I will say I didn't know you could combine the cards before and I will do that from now on. Saturday I entered over 40 individual gc, I could have saved my self some time on the DCL side if I would have combined them, plus now I get to keep those for 6 plus months to be sure nothing gets credited back to one of them or several of the. :)

Very glad everything worked out. Disney really does come through for its guests. When my mom ended up in ICU 4 days before sailing they helped me move my cruise out a few weeks to a new date so I didn't have to cancel, and give the family time to handle the emergency without having to cancel and go through insurance.

as for the gift cards You can manage up to 5 at one time per log in. DH and I each have one we keep in our wallets at all times, and we buy them at BJ every time we go shopping and just put them away. When we are dong to WDW or on a cruise we pull a couple out, and I use the website to load money onto our cards. If you have a lot of cards, just set up 2 account.

Have a fabulous trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!