Urgent- help me decide with hhi

emmababy

DIS Veteran
WE have a 2br booked arriving June 3. That is immediately after school lets out.

They have a 2br avail for two weeks after, which would give us some relaxing time after school is out. But it is 40 more points. I hate giving up points.

My hubby says go for it since we won't be taking a trip again until 2013. Help me decide DIsers!!

if your school lets out on June 1 or 2 - definitely go with the later reservation.

too many times lately bad weather has made the school year longer.

so would go with the later week even with more points. besides the longer you can wait the warmer the water in the ocean gets.

I would go later as well, since I am from Florida I dont go anywhere near the water until July, the water is way to cold for me until then.

Go for the later date. Gives you more prep time, weather is better and still relatively out of the big storm window. I'm surprised it is still available.

You all make valid points. I will call and see if it is still available tomorrow...

we are also booked in a 2 bdrm at HHI starting June 3. We booked it at our 7month window while at WDW for Halloween (that drives my hubby nuts, but I am always planning my next vacation even while enjoying the current one...)

Our school actually ends the Friday before Memorial day so if needed, our last snow make up day is May 30th. I chose the June 3rd date to take advantage of the lower number of required points and also hopefully lower crowds since some schools wont be out forthe Summer yet. Both of my kids are involved in Football and Cheer so our Summers stay very busy even before school starts so we are really looking forward to June. We have stayed at a relatives condo on HHI before but we are really looking forward to enjoying Disney's resort and enjoying our DVC membership somewhere a little more laid back than the theme parks sthis year...

maybe we will run in to each other, are you traveling with kids? Ours are 15 and 8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!