Urgent Care While at Aulani..

jerseygal

DIS Veteran
In case, someone hasn't read my Trip Report on Aulani, I wanted to mention it separately here for anyone needing Urgent Care while at Aulani.

The third day of our stay, I developed an eye infection.:( When I contacted the front desk, they gave me two names of urgent care, one in Kopolei(I believe by Safeway) and the other more "recommended" a little further away in Kunia called Kunia Urgent Care Center. The first one in Kopolei apparently had longer waits, so we opted to drive a bit further to Kunia Urgent Care. The CM at the front desk was very helpful and although we have GPS, she had Concierge print out directions from Google Maps in addition. We found that Google Maps was more reliable than GPS, so we always had both with us.

EXTREMELY pleased with Kunia Urgent Care. Staff was VERY PROFESSIONAL,
literature said that docs were board certified. Lovely waiting area and when we went on a Friday around 2:30PM, there was little wait.
Doc very thorough.. Given antibiotic/steroid drops for an allergic reaction
to "something" and my eye started feeling better the next day!:):)

Hope that no one needs it while on vaca, but having the info is better than not....

Thank you for this valuable information! We just found out that my DD10 has restrictive lung disease and her Dr. gave her a ZPak to take in case the cause is mycoplasma and we'll continue her inhaler and flonase.

I've been collecting hospital and urgent care information on the islands we'll be on just in case. We'll have to keep her activity level low (no running or long hikes).

Never hurts to be prepared...

On a positive note, both our sons, now 27 and 18, had reactive airway disease(asthma) as children. GREAT NEWS is that both outgrew their conditions!:yay::woohoo:
Older son had condition from about 2 1/2 through age 22...Last five years have been great for him and the younger son does not have asthma now either!

Best of HEALTH for your daughter!:thumbsup2

That is great news! My DD has had such a harsh spring. My daughter had a chest x ray today and some blood drawn for testing. The Dr. walked in today and said, "Your daughter's PFT was very interesting." She doesn't see too many reverse asthma results. She takes air in, but can't blow it all out. Unfortunately, we can't figure it out until we get back from vacation.

Here's to hoping it's bacterial and the Zpak takes care of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter