Ur opinions -1ts vs 2ts

Mike N Kathy

Mouseketeer
I was bored before and doing some math i priced a meal at Le cellier (1ts) and a meal at Jiko(2ts) both having 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts the meal at jiko came to about 20 $$ more then the meal at le cellier ...Now being fans of the dining plan and all we really wanted to try some more 2ts meals on our next trip but see looking at the math it really seems like u might make out better if u payed out of pocket for the 2ts meal vs using up 2 of ur credits what do ya think? Its not a big deal just throwing out there some food for thought

Well I cant help you with Jiko - but Le Cellier is our "Must DO' whether its one or two TS!! I did debate, and did math for California Grill, and in the end, we went, and I'm glad we did!! It was an experience to be sure!!

Now, this time we're going on DP and dd wants to do CRT - for me that is not worth 2TS - but since I have to give them my cc in advance and will be charged when I make my ressies, I will think of it more as paying for pictures in advanced as opposed to "dining"!!

but that's just me right now, I could change my mind again!! lol

I think if you want to be Type A about it, you'll need to do more math. Le Cellier is one of the more expensive one credit restaurants (it used to be two), so isn't a fair comparison over, say, using a table service credit at Marrakesh.

I'd find your cheapest one credit restaurant and pay out of pocket for that, then use your extra credit at signature dining. Another way to do it may be to evaluate your options - we seldom BOTH eat three courses and usually split both appitizer and dessert - and use your credits where you will both order all the courses, paying out of pocket at the places where you'd only order two appitizers or desserts because they were "paid for" with the plan and not because you really wanted them.

As Crisi pointed out Le Cellier isn't your best for comparison nor is Coral Reef. Look at something like Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch or one of the buffets to get the true idea of a single TS credit. Most 2 TS places like Jiko or Clai Grill will easily be $50.00 per person as the dinner shows are. It would be more beneficial to pay OOP for the least expensive of your planned meals and use the 2TS at a place like Jiko. ( I plan on paying OOOP for LTT lunch and enjoying one extra meal on the plan at BOma because the LTT total will easily be less than BOMA for four adults.

i agree with the others...i plan on paying for trail's end( husband always wants to go there) and using the ts for some place more expensive..

I have been looking at this too. I figured Yachtsmen Steakhouse is good deal for 2 ts as you can get a steak n lobster entree around $50 :thumbsup2
Also looked at Alfredos and LeCellier for 1 ts and these are a deal for 1 ts - entrees up to nd $30

I would pay out of pocket for most ts lunches and ch breakfasts as these will cost around $20 total per adult.

Same train of thought, just one step further....we're using ts credits to take my parents to Concourse Steak House and using some extra cs lunches from the day we are off site and in return they are paying for character breakfast. That is 2ts from us + maybe 3 cs (splitting) and they pay about $140 for breakfast for 7...they still save $ this way and we don't leave any credits unused. :thumbsup2

I'd find your cheapest one credit restaurant and pay out of pocket for that, then use your extra credit at signature dining.
I found the opposite to be the better course of action. One of my signature meals came to $230. Each of the least expensive of my non-signature meals came to $130. So by using the Dining Plan for the non-signature meals and paying OOP for the signature meal, I would come out $30 ahead.

Bicker, what did you order? And where did you go? I am thinking of doing just what you said to go to yachtsmen steakhouse. I figure it will be a much better deal to use the 2ts and pay oop for something like cp dinner.

I think.....

Cedar Plank Roasted Wild King Salmon
Pan-seared Scallops
2 Grilled Beef Tenderloin

From Artist Point.

We used 2 each at Yachtsman and planned to pay out of pocket for boatwrights. Then we would not get dessert or an appetizer there, just have the entree. Then back to POFQ for a snack credit of ice cream for our dessert. IT seemed a better use of money and ts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter