Upgrading Seasonal Pass

hmkenn0

Mouseketeer
I currrently have a 3-park seasonal pass (not FL Res) that expires in September (original exp. June). We are going down in a few weeks and want to go to Volcano Bay. If we upgrade our seasonals to preferred will they pro-rate the cost difference since we don't have a lot of time left on the pass, or will we have to pay the full amount difference?

I would contact UO for that question
Maybe you will get Mummy Dust and come out ahead!

I currrently have a 3-park seasonal pass (not FL Res) that expires in September (original exp. June). We are going down in a few weeks and want to go to Volcano Bay. If we upgrade our seasonals to preferred will they pro-rate the cost difference since we don't have a lot of time left on the pass, or will we have to pay the full amount difference?
In our experience upgrading a pass in Nov that expired in Feb, no, they did not prorate it. But it never hurts to ask with all the stuff that has happened lately. Also wonder if it would be cheaper to just buy VB tickets if you only want to go one day and would have to pay the full amount to upgrade. Not sure how they are limiting capacity at VB, if having the AP would be any admission advantage.

Mine have never been prorated either, even when it only had a few months left. I have only ever upgraded from 2pk->3pk.

If you upgrade seasonal to preferred, you pay the cost difference between the passes, but retain the same expiration date - making it as if you'd had that pass all along. Unless they're offering a new deal with months free. Then they'll add the free months included with the offer to your expiration date. Or at least that's what happened to us at Christmas last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter