upgrading passes

meowchi

Earning My Ears
I am planning on going to Disney in July and I have 5 day park hopper passes. I am also interested in going for a few days in November for my anniversary with only my Husband can I upgrade my 5 day passes for a annual pass? Thanks for any info.

meowchi, Yes you can. We bought 5 day passes at the Disney store for our Spring Break trip but after the 2nd day of using the passes we decided it would make sense for us to purchase APs. We live just south of Atlanta so we really aren't very far away. We went to Guest Relations at Downtown Disney and they gave us full credit for our passes and just charged us the difference in price. We have already been back for our 2nd trip and are leaving for our 3rd in less than 3 weeks.:bounce: :earseek: :bounce: :earseek:

Thank You. I think we will be doing this. I haven't even left for my first vacation and already planning another.

just wait a minute,
we had a 4 day park hopper with 2 days left on it,so we called at guest services at DD(april21st 2001)as we are going back in Nov 2001.we were mainly playing golf this trip but had picked up that the price of tickets were going up soon.I wanted to upgrade the 2 days left to a 4 day park hopper(4 day cost$196)but I only got $76 to-wards the cost of the new pass.I only realised this after we left the office (as we bought other passes as well)but when I retuned the CM checked the computer and said that it was correct,you do not get the full cost of unused days towards a new pass,ie the original pass was bought Nov 2000 $184 2 days used $92 should be $92 worth left but only got $76 towards a new pass.

Mickey_UK, I am sorry that you didn't get the same treatment as we did but I would not lead someone wrong. We bought our passes March 30th from the DS in Ocala, Fl while driving down. We went to the MK on March 31st and used our passes the 1st time. The next day we used the passes at MGM. Then on April 2nd we decided we wanted to trade our 5 day passes for AP's. We went to DD and went to Guest Services and asked them how we would go about doing this. We expected to lose the 2 days that we had already used off the passes but was told since we had just used the passes that they would give us full credit for our passes. We had paid $1466 for 5 day passes for 5 adults and 2 kids with our DC discount. At DD the Guest Services gave us credit for $1244 as one of our passes was for a friend of my daughters and she didn't think she would get to come back so she didn't want us to spend the extra $$ on her. They then charged us an extra $546 for the annual passes. Our APs show that they began on March 31st which was the 1st day we used the 5 day tickets. I can't believe that we are the only ones that got this treatment. I do know that the CM said she was too new to help us with this and had her supervisor come out and handle it for us.

rugratsmum
That is okay,it may have something to do with upgrading to AP,rather than to a 5 day hopper as we were trying to do

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter