Upgrading Canadian Resident Air Miles Tickets

crazyfordisney2000

DIS Veteran
So I have 4 tickets from air miles and would like to upgrade the to annual passes. I added them to MDX to book fast passes. I was told there’s a function to upgrade them through MDX by Robo after you enter a park. My question is, will I have to take the vouchers with ID to get hard tickets or will they automatically go on our magic bands since they are in MDX.

If they are Canadian resident tickets, i believe that you still have to go to guest services to activate them. I had the Canadian resident tickets a few years ago and had them loaded to my MDX and even the cast member at the hotel said i was good to go, however when i tried to enter the park the first day i was directed to guest services to show proof of Canadian residency. This may have changed, but that was my experiece.

On May 10, I tried to add another day onto my 7 day Canadian air miles ticket at guest services in the Magic Kingdom. I had already used the ticket several days. I was told that they can no longer upgrade Canadian tickets. It must be done by the Canadian ticket provider prior to arrival. They can no longer do the bridge pricing they have done in the past. The cost to add on 1 extra day was coming out to $300+ dollars on his computer. He checked with a supervisor to make sure this was correct. It made no sense at all. It made more sense to buy a single day ticket instead. Since all other people in my travel party had 8 day tickets, the cast member gave me a one time gift of the extra day. I was more than willing to pay the single day ticket price, so this was a nice surprise.

I have always ordered the air miles tickets in the past and upgraded them to the park tickets the rest of the family gets at the Magic Kingdom. I hope this was a fluke. Has anyone else had this problem recently?

On May 10, I tried to add another day onto my 7 day Canadian air miles ticket at guest services in the Magic Kingdom. I had already used the ticket several days. I was told that they can no longer upgrade Canadian tickets. It must be done by the Canadian ticket provider prior to arrival. They can no longer do the bridge pricing they have done in the past. The cost to add on 1 extra day was coming out to $300+ dollars on his computer. He checked with a supervisor to make sure this was correct. It made no sense at all. It made more sense to buy a single day ticket instead. Since all other people in my travel party had 8 day tickets, the cast member gave me a one time gift of the extra day. I was more than willing to pay the single day ticket price, so this was a nice surprise.

I have always ordered the air miles tickets in the past and upgraded them to the park tickets the rest of the family gets at the Magic Kingdom. I hope this was a fluke. Has anyone else had this problem recently?

Disney made these changes a couple of years ago. Ticketing is now quite complicated, and one of the most unfortunate changes was to Canadian Discount Tickets. If we want to upgrade these tickets at the parks, we lose the discount and have to pay the price difference from the ticket we have, to the current gate price, prior to any upgrades; which effectively removes the discount we had.

I realize you lose the discount, but that’s ok , because they were essentially free (using air miles) and understand they will be approximately $2400 US to upgrade the 4 tickets to annual passes. My question is are my current tickets valid to get me into a park WITHOUT getting them validated first at Disney springs or customer relations at a park. I was led to believe this since they are already linked to MDX. Also, we arrive late, so I was hoping this was the case as we would like to just settle in for the night and hit the parks early the next morning.

I was told by several CM's over the phone that I can upgrade my Air Miles ticket to an annual pass. They said that once I enter the park, the Canadian discounted ticket becomes like any other 7 day ticket. At that point, I pay the difference between the current day 7 day ticket and the annual pass.

I haven't tried this yet. This is just what I was told before I redeemed my air miles

I realize you lose the discount, but that’s ok , because they were essentially free (using air miles) and understand they will be approximately $2400 US to upgrade the 4 tickets to annual passes. My question is are my current tickets valid to get me into a park WITHOUT getting them validated first at Disney springs or customer relations at a park. I was led to believe this since they are already linked to MDX. Also, we arrive late, so I was hoping this was the case as we would like to just settle in for the night and hit the parks early the next morning.

From what I understand, if you purchased the tickets as a part of a package through Disney, you do not need to get them validated at guest services. If you buy them separately, or receive them through Air Miles, you do. They can still link to MDX if they are validated or not. You can still make FP+ selections. You will have to verify that you are indeed a Canadian Resident before you enter the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!