Upgrading APs

ivanova

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Hi
DD has the $99 So.Calif. AP with 160 black out days, expires 01/18/2003
DH has the $159 Deluxe AP with 45 black out days, expires 04/27/2003
I have the $219 Premium AP with no black out days, expires 04/27/2003 (got the Premium for the free parking + discounts)

I'm considering upgrading DD to a Deluxe AP ... what I need to figure out (and I'm getting conflicting info from CMs when I call):

How much will it cost to upgrade her? And will her expiration date change?

If it costs $60 to upgrade her from $99 to $159 but the expiration doesn't change, am I being shortchanged on the days she wasn't able to go in the past 4 months (days that she was blacked out but wouldn't have been with the deluxe AP)?

Or do they prorate the "balance" on her current AP and apply that to a new deluxe AP with a new expiration date?

If there is ANYONE out there that's done this, or works for DLR, that can provide me some info I would REALLY appreciate it!!!!!

a balance on what's left of the current AP and apply it to the upgraded AP. You will have a new experation date based on when you bought the new AP.

Example. Current AP is worth $50, New AP is worth $219. Total you would owe is $169 with the date of purchase plus one year as your expiration date.

Hope this helps.

Sandi

There's no easy way to find out. Last year when DCA opened we didn't buy 2 park passes because there was nothing for our just turned 2 year old to ride. By june they were trying to make it more kid friendly, so I decided to upgrade our passes. I figured we'd pay the 100 difference between the two passes, for 9 months, so I decided to do that.

They took my passes and entered the info into the computer, it came back as saying we would have to pay well over 100 to upgrade it. They said they pro rate it and it would expire 365 days from that date.

Well, there was no way I was doing that then. My daughter's birthday is in Dec, our passes expire in March. So in October, I asked about upgrading then (wanted 2 park for christmas season, and figured we'd buy DD a pass for her birthday and move the exp. dates of our to the same time). I had read that they changed the policy on a site on the internet, so I checked in October. I asked how it was done, I was given the pro rate with new exp. date spiel, I said, fine how much would this cost to upgrade today, he punches buttons on the puter, and says $100. I say so I have a new exp. of today for $100, I'll do it. Well guess what he was wrong. He does it out comes new card, and it's 100 for 2 park good until my exp. in march. Okay fine. We'll take 5 months 2 park, and buy all 3 passes in March (DD will just wait till march to get her pass since I don't want different exp. dates).

Well not one month later they changed all passes to 2 parks. I went and complained that I paid 100 for 1 month worth of 2 park and now I would have gotten it free. My passes exp. date are now in July. So DD still doesn't have a pass. Add to that that DH works for DL now so he get's in free, and has an PAP, I still feel disney's coming out ahead.

So they're policy changes daily, and no one know what's going on. Take the pass with you, ask specific questions, and make sure you know exactly what you're getting before you pay, because Disney will do whatever it takes to no give your money back.

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter