upgrades

Sorry to say, but even with low occupancy, I doubt it. We were upgraded from a discounted standard room to the honeymoon suite at WL but, we were only staying for 1 night and it was our honeymoon. It never hurts to be pleasant and ask ;)

While you'll hear of someone getting a free upgrade now and then, I think they are very rare at any resort. If and when it happens, it's usually at a very slow time. I wouldn't expect to be able to upgrade upon check-in in June even for a fee, let alone for free.

The posts I've read about being upgraded for free have almost all been with guests who were just "given" the upgrade without asking. I know after reading these boards it sometimes seems like everyone gets upgraded in some way on every trip. It really doesn't happen that way....at least not for us!

Originally posted by godfrey4
CAN YOU UPGRADE TO THE CON LEVEL AT WL FOR NO EXTRA CHARGE IN MID JUNE?
It is rare to be upgraded to concierge at all really. But I have read numerous posts about asking and getting upgraded to concierge for only $35 a night. That is a bargain and one I would take if I was offered. You just have to ask at check in.

I doubt you will get upgraded for free. Upgrades to concierge seem to be more available at WL than other resorts. I don't know why.

You may be offered or could ask for the $35 upgrade. It is worh it, IMO.

Don't count on anything though and enjoy your vacation even if you are not upgraded.

Just wondering - regarding the $35 upgrade. We will likely get two rooms at WL (family of 5) in September. Would the upgrade if offered be $35 per room or is there a chance of getting both our rooms for $35.

Any experience from anyone on this?

The upgrade cost is dependent on the room view originally booked. I believe that the $35 upgrade is for a courtyard room, while the others cost more. I would not expect to be able to upgrade to two rooms at concierge level for the price of one, - you'd be getting one for free. Of course, it would be difficult to limit part of your groups access to the concierge floor as some of you would have keys if you chose only to upgrade one room.

I paid more to upgrade at WL recently, and consider I was fortunate to get a discounted rate at all. I think a free upgrade to concierge would be highly unlikely at any time except in special circumstances, e.g. Disney had mucked something up.
JMHO

#1MMFan :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter