Upgrades w/Loews first

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
I have a loews first gold card (the middle option) it says that I get a "premium room upgrade at time of reservation" - what kind of upgrade is this at the Hard Rock (or Portofino Bay or RP for that matter)?

If I book a pool view, do I get a deluxe? If I book a deluxe at HR. what would they "upgrade" to?

Can anyone help?

There is the written law of upgrades and then what actually happens. Call the Be A Star number and get a quote and answer then call the Loews number for an answer. Everyone seems to get different ones. I tried to come up with an answer for you. I have stayed at all three and gotten wonderful upgrades even when I was blue (now I am Plat.). Just cross your fingers and pick up the phone. Good Luck.

I called about this also (the Loews number) and the woman I spoke with seemed very uncertain - I asked her "if I book a deluxe, will I be upgraded to club level?" and she didn't know. She said she could "request it" and I'd have to wait until check in (although as a "gold" member it is supposed to be a "premium upgrade at time of reservation")

Any more ideas?

I think that each of the hotels has their own upgrade policy. I never received any upgrades while I was blue because it seemed like every time I stayed the hotel was sold out. I did pay $35 to upgrade to a king suite at RPR one time. I stayed at PBH while I was loews gold and had a bay view room booked. When I asked at the front desk about my upgrade options as a loews gold member, the woman I spoke with wasn't sure and got a manager. The manager told me that they only do one category upgrades so my only upgrade option was to a deluxe room (free). They had all suite categories available and he said I couldn't upgrade to a portofino suite for $35. They would have upgraded me for free if I had booked a deluxe and the sad thing is that a deluxe was only $10/night more than the bay view with the 50APH code this past summer. At HRH I had a water view booked and upon check in they gave me the option to upgrade to a king suite for $35/night or club level for $50/night which I did. It's hard to say how or when you will be upgraded at any of the hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter