Upgraded...YYAAAAYYYHHH!!

ColeenD

Mimi to 3.
We are on the Sept. 20 Eastern Magic, booked with Pink Ribbon Cruises in April. I saw that the price went down when I was looking at another website, called our TA Beth (TA now stands for Truly Awesome) and within an hour she had our Cat 11 price reduced by $200 p/person for 2 couples. THEN, she calls Friday and we are all upgraded to a Cat. 9! This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. What a way to celebrate our first 7 day cruise! I had read a lot about upgrades on these boards, but never dreamed we'd get one this soon. Thank You!!!

Do tell the secret website that you found your cheaper rate? I want to save too. I leave in November and hope to find a cheaper rate before the end of the month (that's when the final payment is due). Also If I find something cheaper will the TA adjust after the final payment is made?

Thanks,
Cindy

:wave:

I saw if first on VacationsToGo.com, click on their 90 day ticker and scroll down to the Caribbean cruises, then I saw it on Expedia, too. Would love to see you there! You can also check with PinkRibbonCruises.com. I bet they would still honor the price.

Originally posted by ColeenD
We are on the Sept. 20 Eastern Magic, booked with Pink Ribbon Cruises in April. I saw that the price went down when I was looking at another website, called our TA Beth (TA now stands for Truly Awesome) and within an hour she had our Cat 11 price reduced by $200 p/person for 2 couples. THEN, she calls Friday and we are all upgraded to a Cat. 9! This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. What a way to celebrate our first 7 day cruise! I had read a lot about upgrades on these boards, but never dreamed we'd get one this soon. Thank You!!!

You must be the one I should thank because the exact same changes happened to me. I was out of town for a long weekend and came back and discovered that in addition to the price adjustment I was upgraded. I suspect we are going to be neighbors. I am in 2004, how about you.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for the price change and for have Beth look into it. You are both totally awesome in my book.

See you in September.

Sandy

Totally Awesome Beth of Pink Ribbon Cruises also got us an upgrade for the Pink Ribbon Cruise. We didn't get a price adjustment like you did, we paid for a cat 7 ( secret verandah) and got a cat 5 midship verandah. We are very pleased.
I also saw the $599 special for the 9/6 and 9/20 Eastern but it was only for cat 11. Nice price for someone to book for a last minute trip.
Michele

I can't tell you how many times I have seen the excitrement of people getting upgraded. It makes the wait a lot more fun for those of us awaiting our first Disney Cruise. We are booked in 2601 for the May 8 thru 15, 2004 western -- what are the odds of an upgrade?

Your the first I have read about to be on our cruise. I'm sending pixie dust your way for an upgrade! BTW I'd take one too.

Sandy and Michelle: Can't wait to meet you both! Yes, I did sort of trigger the whole thing with a question to Beth once I saw the price elsewhere. She signed the contract for the price we paid, but I believe once she spoke to Disney Cruise folks they told her the adjust was for Cat 11 only. Then she tried to get something from them for all the others in our group, and wound up getting upgrades for (I'm guessing here) ALL of us!! She is soooo good to work for us like that!

I am in 2008, and our friends are in 2006. So we will definitely be your neighbor, Sandy. Lou and Jane are next to you. See you both in 39 days!!!

Tandyc,

Thanks for the dust. Here's some back at you. I can't wait until next May. Here I am a 44-year-old supposed professional acting like my 6-year-old daughter waiting to see Mickey and the gang again.:) :)

We're on the September 20th too!!! We're with Gifts of a Lifetime doing events for pink ribbon and other cruisers...more info on Gifts of a Lifetime and our 1st event cruise can be found on Deb's site.

I am sooo happy for you and having your upgrades. I haven't even gotten my docs for 9/6 cruise! I wanted to go on the Pink Ribbon Cruise so badly, because I am a BC survivor, and I know this trip would have been so enlightening, and powerful, but my daughter couldn't get that week off. I had even contemplated going alone, even though I will be just getting off 9/13. I love being around other women who have been there and done that. Boy, I hope each and every survivor gets the healing both physically, but especially mentally, that I know they will get on this trip. Oh well, maybe another time. Please someone, do a trip report on this cruise. It is so important to me. Thank you so much. I will be looking for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter