upgrade undercover tourist 2 day ticket w/free day to AP?

My husband upgraded his Undercover 2 + 1 day free, park to park ticket on June 23rd for $10 as well. My 8 year old daughter upgraded hers for free at the end of April. Both seasonal.

I mentioned to the lady in Guest Services that some people were getting money back when upgrading to Seasonal Pass. She said she never heard of that. If I had more time I would have asked someone else. It also drives me crazy when there is no rhyme or reason to their process and there should not be different answers depending on who you talk to.

I am happy for all of you that got a refund. :yay:. I am ok with paying $10 but a refund would have been awesome!

the more consistent TMs are guest services INSIDE the parks. Outside the parks, I find them not as helpful for upgrading issues.

It also depends on the tickets. Some of the tickets from UT that offer the same number of days are different tickets that ring up differently at the parks.

the more consistent TMs are guest services INSIDE the parks. Outside the parks, I find them not as helpful for upgrading issues.
Not too surprising I guess. We did our upgrade inside Studio side, simply because that's where we entered on our first day and when we had the most time to get it out of the way.

It also depends on the tickets. Some of the tickets from UT that offer the same number of days are different tickets that ring up differently at the parks.
That seems quite strange, no? How are they selling different tickets? Isn't any buy 2 get 1 free ticket like any other buy 2 get 1 free ticket?

Not the UT examples mentioned above, but we had a 3 day park to park ticket I purchased from AAA [even cheaper than UT 2+1 free]. When I upgraded us to the Seasonal Pass in late May, we also received a credit of $10.65 per ticket.

Not too surprising I guess. We did our upgrade inside Studio side, simply because that's where we entered on our first day and when we had the most time to get it out of the way.

That seems quite strange, no? How are they selling different tickets? Isn't any buy 2 get 1 free ticket like any other buy 2 get 1 free ticket?

Not strange. Here is why. Often Universal will have a promotion where you buy 2 get 2 or buy 2 get 1. They only credit you the original days in an upgrade. If UT purchases these tickets and then sells them, that is how Universal will treat them as well. However, UT will sometimes just have their own promotions where they are actually giving you a real 3 day ticket for the price of 2 or a real 4 day ticket for the price of 2. These tickets will get upgraded at a 3 or 4 day value and not the 2 day value.

Not strange. Here is why. Often Universal will have a promotion where you buy 2 get 2 or buy 2 get 1. They only credit you the original days in an upgrade. If UT purchases these tickets and then sells them, that is how Universal will treat them as well. However, UT will sometimes just have their own promotions where they are actually giving you a real 3 day ticket for the price of 2 or a real 4 day ticket for the price of 2. These tickets will get upgraded at a 3 or 4 day value and not the 2 day value.

Is there a way to tell based off looking at your ticket if it's a 2+1 special or a real 3 day ticket? or can you only find out when they scan it at GS when looking to upgrade?

Is there a way to tell based off looking at your ticket if it's a 2+1 special or a real 3 day ticket? or can you only find out when they scan it at GS when looking to upgrade?

I'm not sure. Maybe some people who've had both experiences can chip in and we can see if there is a visible difference.

Do all members of your party have to be present at Guest Services for the upgrade or can I send the rest of my group into the park while I take care of it?

Do all members of your party have to be present at Guest Services for the upgrade or can I send the rest of my group into the park while I take care of it?
Adults probably need to be present, and kids might. Depends on the TM. I was able to get DD14s done without her present.

As an aside, one thing I don't like about Uni passes are that they don't show exp dates. Somehow, the seasonal pass I got October 17 had expiration set as June 17, 2017. They didn't even start offering seasonal passes until Aug 31, 2016....Took 6 phone calls, the last of which was lasted 36 minutes, to get it straightened out.

I recently ordered the buy 2 days get 1 free park to park ticket and it just says 3 day park to park ticket on the back. So I don't think Universal has any way of knowing the 3rd day was free. I have done the promo in the past where Undercover Tourist gives you a free day and it will say it on the ticket...like it will say 2 days park to park + 1 day free or something like that. Mind you, this has been maybe 1 or 2 years ago.

I have been crunching numbers and feeling a lot of apprehension about this, so I called UT yesterday to talk to them about their tickets. The very nice woman I spoke with told me that if you buy a 2 days + 2 day free ticket, they send you a 4-day ticket. She could not tell me how Universal would value them, of course, but it id make me feel more confident.

I had planned on buying the 2 park base ticket with 2 days free for $235 each and upgrading to seasonal AP when we got there. If I did the math right, I should pay about $150 to upgrade if they give me full gate value and about $234 if they give me online price. I'm OK with that, but wondering if I should just skip the hassle, pay extra upfront, and get the season passes online. Any advice, suggestions?

I bought the 2 day plus a 1 free from UT $263 , and my ticket said 3 day ticket, but when i went to upgrade it was worth a 2 day gate price ticket = the online price for a 2 day plus $20 gate charge plus tax= $293.
This was at the end of June.

I have been crunching numbers and feeling a lot of apprehension about this, so I called UT yesterday to talk to them about their tickets. The very nice woman I spoke with told me that if you buy a 2 days + 2 day free ticket, they send you a 4-day ticket. She could not tell me how Universal would value them, of course, but it id make me feel more confident.

I had planned on buying the 2 park base ticket with 2 days free for $235 each and upgrading to seasonal AP when we got there. If I did the math right, I should pay about $150 to upgrade if they give me full gate value and about $234 if they give me online price. I'm OK with that, but wondering if I should just skip the hassle, pay extra upfront, and get the season passes online. Any advice, suggestions?

If it is going to concern you, the savings are not worth the worry.

We are going in September for 5 days and at least one of us needs an AP (hotel discount). I was just going to buy 4 3-Park APs, but since we're not 100% sure we'll want them (it's our first visit), would it make more sense to save a few dollars and just one AP and 3 3-Park 5 days tickets from Undercover Tourist and then upgrade to APs if we like it?

Or maybe I'm making this too complicated and just get APs.

Joseph

i read of many families only buying one adult ap and go with tickets for the rest of the family.

you need to run the numbers to see which would work best for you.

if you buy the seasonal ap, there are black out dates where they are not honored.
figure out now if you know when in the future/within the next year of buying an ap) you would be doing a return stay for UO

i read of many families only buying one adult ap and go with tickets for the rest of the family.

you need to run the numbers to see which would work best for you.

if you buy the seasonal ap, there are black out dates where they are not honored.
figure out now if you know when in the future/within the next year of buying an ap) you would be doing a return stay for UO

It costs about $50 more per person, but I was just unclear how the switch out works.
The blockout dates are for 2 weeks at the winter holidays, 2 weeks around spring break, and July. It seems you have to spend a lot more to get those lifted (especially the water park in July). Unfortunately, they don't have what the 2018 dates are, but I can imagine it's the same. We don't have plans to go back (since we've not even been once) but if it were very little to get annual passes, we'd do that and consider going in June.

Joseph

We just upgraded four of the UT 2 day +1 free park to park tickets to seasonal passes. They charged us $10.65 each. They only needed the adults present (asked for an ID for each of us). We upgraded at the end of our park days as July was blacked out. Friends of ours upgraded five of these tickets a day later and paid the same $10.65 to upgrade. It would have been nice to get a refund, but I'm ok with only paying $44 to upgrade all of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!