Upgrade to Gold Pass after using ticket during blackout??

bailman

Mouseketeer
We are DVC members thinking of planning a trip for this Easter, dates that are blacked out for the DVC gold pass. If I buy regular park hopper tickets, can I upgrade to a gold pass upon leaving the park for the last time on Easter? We are also planning a trip for later this year.

If the answer is yes, how late is guest services where you would upgrade open? We will probably be leaving Epcot out the main entrance on the later side, maybe after Illuminations. I don't want to miss the window of time to upgrade so we will miss Illuminations if we have to.

I also want to be clear that I'm not trying to get away with anything, I'm just wondering if this is allowed. If we can't do it, I'll just get the Platinum Pass. But with a family of 5, I try to save everywhere I can!

Thanks!

Last time I checked you needed to have at least one day left in your ticket to upgrade, to avoid this escenario. I would stop by ticket booth on the day before last to inquire and if that’s how it works you won’t miss the opportunity to upgrade, even if it means loosing one day on that trip.

I don't want to miss the window of time to upgrade so we will miss Illuminations if we have to.
Just upgrade during the day prior to Illuminations. You’ll already be in the park - they won’t kick you out.

At DL, any upgrades to an AP on a blocked day, allowed usage and entry to both parks.

Last time I checked you needed to have at least one day left in your ticket to upgrade, to avoid this escenario. I would stop by ticket booth on the day before last to inquire and if that’s how it works you won’t miss the opportunity to upgrade, even if it means loosing one day on that trip.

The latest a guest can upgrade a ticket is close-of-business DURING the day that a ticket's
last asset was used.

If this was not the case, nobody would be able to upgrade a one-day ticket after entering a park.

The latest a guest can upgrade a ticket is close-of-business DURING the day that a ticket's
last asset was used.

If this was not the case, nobody would be able to upgrade a one-day ticket after entering a park.

Thanks for the responses!
If we bought a 3 day park hopper but had only used 2 of the days and were not going to use any more days, could we upgrade on that 2nd day?

Thanks for the responses!
If we bought a 3 day park hopper but had only used 2 of the days and were not going to use any more days, could we upgrade on that 2nd day?

Yes.

And, you will get the full original 3-day value in the upgrade transaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter