Updates for NYC cruises that dock at PC for WDW

Most of us have been up since 5:00 or 5:30 and it was so hot today, I just want a shower and bed!!

WDW transportation, took monorail from MK to Epcot, then bus to AK, then another bus to DHS.

We are not going to be that adventurous to do all 4 parks with a 2 year old.....hitting EPCOT first then finish up at the MK.

Glad you had a good day!!

MJ

Slightly off topic - but if you are on the fence about which park to go to and where to use your FP+, the Flight of Passage in Pandora at Animal Kingdom may well be the best thrill ride ever created. My wife has a slight fear of heights, so she screams at the best parts of these rides. For Flight of Passage, she almost never stops screaming! I've never been able to get a FP for the ride, but the wait in the regular line has always been worth it.

They must have changed things then. Last year we booked the three FP's on our phones the moment we linked the tickets to the app, and still had the pre-loaded ones to use at any time.
Was it obvious you still had your 3 pre-loaded? I'd like to try to book more FP, but I'm afraid of accidentally deleting the first 3.

Club Disney Chandler... any chance they were playing the Sunday night football game somewhere on the ship that the whole family could watch?

Thank you for posting all of this great info! The kids (and I) are getting super excited for our upcoming cruise. Hope you're having great weather and a great time!
They were showing it in O'Gills
Thanks. So how awesome was the trip? And MDAS? We'll be heading out shortly to make our way to NYC.
im working on posting the MDR menu and how the day went went right now. Stay tuned!

They must have changed things then. Last year we booked the three FP's on our phones the moment we linked the tickets to the app, and still had the pre-loaded ones to use at any time.
It was the same this year. You could book 3 in addition to the 3 VIP using the app. We waited until after avatar flights to test it out (didn’t want to risk losing the vip).

I agree....2000 or so ship guests are most likely not the reason for the long lines.....that's approx 500 per park which is a drop in the bucket in the overall scheme of things.

More likely is that many took vacation this week since schools were closed on Monday (less days kids had to miss school).

Club.....thanks so much for posting this info!!!

MJ
I was also on this cruise and arrived at the MK to a very sparse crowd at 8:45am. The problem with the fastpass lines was that Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain were not operating until late morning and when they did open there was a 2-2 1/2 hour backlog of fastpasses that had to be absorbed thru the day. After going to the food and wine festival in EPCOT, we returned to the MK at 8 pm for the fireworks and it was so crowded it reminded me of New Years Eve.

My wife is at the Magic Kingdom today and says it is bonkers. Space mountain and Jungle Cruise FP lines of 45min. She could not figure out what was going on by finally talked to some people saying they were there off the Magic. Tons of "free" untied fastpasses means long waits even in the fast pass line. At least at Magic Kingdom.

I don't know about Disneyworld, but Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Sevierville were *insane* this past week since there were so many schools on Fall Break. I tried to get up to our place there and it took me almost an hour longer than it usually does. Waits at restaurants at 7 o'clock were 90-180 minutes on average. I imagine if our little towns were inundated, the World was flooded.

This will be our first cruise (ever!) and my plan is to save 2 of the FP for the World of Avatar, so I'm loving the conversation about additional FP's. My main concern is: will we be able to see Once Upon A Time and still be able to get the bus back to the ship. I'm assuming "yes" based on Chandler's photos.

Our Park day is also Thanksgiving, so I am guessing the parks will be packed. Planning on ending the day at MK, and hoping to see fireworks before we head back. Did they ask when bus you planned to return on? I am concerned about the 10:45 being the last shuttle from any park. What if two busloads of folks show up for one bus?

Our Park day is also Thanksgiving, so I am guessing the parks will be packed. Planning on ending the day at MK, and hoping to see fireworks before we head back. Did they ask when bus you planned to return on? I am concerned about the 10:45 being the last shuttle from any park. What if two busloads of folks show up for one bus?
They do not ask what bus you'll be returning on, but from what people on our cruise said about coming back from the parks, they did call for extra back up busses some where. There are DCL reps at all 4 parks to check you in as you board so if they need more busses they'll get them.

They do not ask what bus you'll be returning on, but from what people on our cruise said about coming back from the parks, they did call for extra back up busses some where. There are DCL reps at all 4 parks to check you in as you board so if they need more busses they'll get them.

Thanks. I think I would feel more comfortable if the fireworks are at 9 o'clock instead of 10 o'clock. But, maybe the return buses will be slightly later to account for that. Of course, we might also be crazy to think about spending the entire day at the parks!

Thanks. I think I would feel more comfortable if the fireworks are at 9 o'clock instead of 10 o'clock. But, maybe the return buses will be slightly later to account for that. Of course, we might also be crazy to think about spending the entire day at the parks!
Many people on our cruise caught the fireworks that night, so you should be fine.

We hit all 4 parks that day and I didn't feel it at the time but wow were we exhausted at the end of the cruise. We woke up that day at 5:30 to get ready and be on a 7:30 bus. We made the 8:45 PM bus from DHS after we watched Fantasmic going back to the ship. Cabanas was a buffet when we got back, so by the time we dropped off backpacks and washed up, went back down for dinner, and did a little unwinding we didn't get robbed until after after 12:00. The next day (Thursday) was Marvel Day so that didn't end until about 11:30 PM. Friday I was just dead dog tired and after lunch went back to the cabin and slept all afternoon, I didn't get up until right before dinner. I've never been like that before on a cruise.

We were just on this cruise. We went back to the ship from Magic Kingdom just after the fireworks. At the front gate they had a big sign up to tell you were the DCL buses were. Very short walk and they were essentially loading and heading out. Very quiet - all the kids slept on the way back to the ship. They have a late buffet onboard till 1am.

One note - the park passes and fast passes that we were given on the ship didn't work. They seemed to be expecting this at the gate as they had replacements waiting. We had 3 fast passes on each but no way to track....so I just tried mine for a 4th (on a ride with no wait line) ....and it worked....so not sure if they made a mistake

Also - when you plan to go to your bus in the morning - Disney is extremely organized. The lines snakes through the ship but it moves extremely quickly. You have to go through customs but they were quick.

So would I would say is....don't stress, it works effortlessly. Just make sure your kids get a good night sleep the night before. The morning was all dads in the buffet making trays to take to the cabins at 5:30 am

Many people on our cruise caught the fireworks that night, so you should be fine.

We hit all 4 parks that day and I didn't feel it at the time but wow were we exhausted at the end of the cruise. We woke up that day at 5:30 to get ready and be on a 7:30 bus. We made the 8:45 PM bus from DHS after we watched Fantasmic going back to the ship. Cabanas was a buffet when we got back, so by the time we dropped off backpacks and washed up, went back down for dinner, and did a little unwinding we didn't get robbed until after after 12:00. The next day (Thursday) was Marvel Day so that didn't end until about 11:30 PM. Friday I was just dead dog tired and after lunch went back to the cabin and slept all afternoon, I didn't get up until right before dinner. I've never been like that before on a cruise.

We were just on this cruise. We went back to the ship from Magic Kingdom just after the fireworks. At the front gate they had a big sign up to tell you were the DCL buses were. Very short walk and they were essentially loading and heading out. Very quiet - all the kids slept on the way back to the ship. They have a late buffet onboard till 1am.

One note - the park passes and fast passes that we were given on the ship didn't work. They seemed to be expecting this at the gate as they had replacements waiting. We had 3 fast passes on each but no way to track....so I just tried mine for a 4th (on a ride with no wait line) ....and it worked....so not sure if they made a mistake

Also - when you plan to go to your bus in the morning - Disney is extremely organized. The lines snakes through the ship but it moves extremely quickly. You have to go through customs but they were quick.

So would I would say is....don't stress, it works effortlessly. Just make sure your kids get a good night sleep the night before. The morning was all dads in the buffet making trays to take to the cabins at 5:30 am

Thanks for the reassurance. Of course, on the day, we may be on the 4pm bus back!

Just got off the Magic this morning!!! Sad to say good-bye. Our WDW day was good but with a 2 year old we did not even try to do more than 2 parks. We were on the 6:00 pm bus back to the ship.

We were off the ship this morning at 8:00 am...waited for our son to pick us up and home by 9:00 am. Had breakfast in Cabanas and we were back to the cabin about 7:45 to get our carry ons. I was so glad we got off fairly early as our return to port letter stated we would have to be called by character luggage tag but I don't think that happened....if it did we did not hear it at all. We just headed off the ship when we were done eating. Also, because we went through immigration in Port Canaveral (very easy) we did not have to go through it in New York. We just had to hand in our customs form when exiting the luggage area.

Note: I have MM luggage (a bunch of different patterns but I brought 3 different ones on this trip) I saw the three patterns next to each other and thought it was my luggage in the wrong character luggage area....turns out someone else had the exact same 3 patterns of luggage. So odd because I bought my different patterns, different years, from different manufacturers. I just thought it funny another family had the same exact 3 pieces out of all the Mickey luggage out there. So, even with patterned luggage check the tags!!!

MJ

Just got off the Magic this morning!!! Sad to say good-bye. Our WDW day was good but with a 2 year old we did not even try to do more than 2 parks. We were on the 6:00 pm bus back to the ship.

We were off the ship this morning at 8:00 am...waited for our son to pick us up and home by 9:00 am. Had breakfast in Cabanas and we were back to the cabin about 7:45 to get our carry ons. I was so glad we got off fairly early as our return to port letter stated we would have to be called by character luggage tag but I don't think that happened....if it did we did not hear it at all. We just headed off the ship when we were done eating. Also, because we went through immigration in Port Canaveral (very easy) we did not have to go through it in New York. We just had to hand in our customs form when exiting the luggage area.

Note: I have MM luggage (a bunch of different patterns but I brought 3 different ones on this trip) I saw the three patterns next to each other and thought it was my luggage in the wrong character luggage area....turns out someone else had the exact same 3 patterns of luggage. So odd because I bought my different patterns, different years, from different manufacturers. I just thought it funny another family had the same exact 3 pieces out of all the Mickey luggage out there. So, even with patterned luggage check the tags!!!

MJ
Glad you had a great time MJ, so did we on the previous sailing.

Glad you had a great time MJ, so did we on the previous sailing.

It was a totally different DCL experience for us.....no drinks, no sitting by the adult pool, no adult clubs, no Palo, no lounging around Deck 4, no late nights....it was all geared to our 2 year old granddaughter.....we had such a good time with her! I love that about DCL....fun for all ages but it did open my eyes about how they do need a bigger toddler splash area.....it was just not big enough or stimulating enough. Many of the little kids were getting bored. There are only 3 ducks that spout water (the nephews). It was very hard having the other cool splash area within sight of the toddler area. Our DGD wanted to go in the pool and other splash area so much. They were good about keeping the older kids out of the toddler area. When one would enter the CM's were quick to ask them to leave. I have no idea where or how they could improve it and it is better than nothing for the un potty trained.

MJ

It was the same this year. You could book 3 in addition to the 3 VIP using the app. We waited until after avatar flights to test it out (didn’t want to risk losing the vip).
Anyone get a definitive answer as to if you had the three VIP FastPasses and also 3 additional FP for specific rides if it took the FP from the specific times ride and not your VIP ones? We plan to use the VIP for 7D in AM, Soarin in PM and FOP at dusk. Thx!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter