Updated Refurb Schedule :(

Shock13

DIS Veteran
I've been diligently following the TDR refurbishment schedule so I'll be mentally prepared for ride closures during my visit in May next year. So if I'm reading it right, it looks like a good portion of Westernland is going to be closed all summer starting in May. Western River Railroad, Mark Twain Riverboat, Splash Mountain, Tom Sawyer Island Rafts and the Beaver Brothers Explorer Canoes are all on the list. I think I'm most bummed about the River Railroad being closed as it's somewhat unique and I was excited to hear the characters speak Japanese in Splash Mountain. I'm also not going to look forward to the more crowded lines since so many attractions will be closed at the same time. :worried:

I've been diligently following the TDR refurbishment schedule so I'll be mentally prepared for ride closures during my visit in May next year. So if I'm reading it right, it looks like a good portion of Westernland is going to be closed all summer starting in May. Western River Railroad, Mark Twain Riverboat, Splash Mountain, Tom Sawyer Island Rafts and the Beaver Brothers Explorer Canoes are all on the list. I think I'm most bummed about the River Railroad being closed as it's somewhat unique and I was excited to hear the characters speak Japanese in Splash Mountain. I'm also not going to look forward to the more crowded lines since so many attractions will be closed at the same time. :worried:

Can you please share the link for the schedule? Thanks!

Oh NO! Pooh's Honey Hunt (and Pirates of the Caribbean) will be closed! That's horrible timing...and super disappointing!

Are there patterns to the refurbs in Tokyo the way there are in Orlando, or is it more of a year-by-year thing?

Are there patterns to the refurbs in Tokyo the way there are in Orlando, or is it more of a year-by-year thing?

There are. Indiana Jones is end of january-end of february, Tower of Terror in May, etc. What change things are the major refurbs like Journey to the Center of the Earth got this year when it was closed 3 months and Critter Country closure in 2019.

WDW used to have a similar refurb calendar, but that went away over 20 years ago.

There are. Indiana Jones is end of january-end of february, Tower of Terror in May, etc. What change things are the major refurbs like Journey to the Center of the Earth got this year when it was closed 3 months and Critter Country closure in 2019.

WDW used to have a similar refurb calendar, but that went away over 20 years ago.
Are there rides typically closed during June? We will be there the second week of June. I'm mainly hoping Journey, Space, and Tower of Terror will be open.

Are there rides typically closed during June? We will be there the second week of June. I'm mainly hoping Journey, Space, and Tower of Terror will be open.

Space Mountain was closed last june and even though I had a day in Tokyo as part of a trip to Indonesia, I skipped going to Tokyo Disney for that. Tower of Terror will probably be closed in June next year as its now on the calendar for May yet. December 2018 is when temporary ride closures for June will be posted.

Space Mountain was closed last june and even though I had a day in Tokyo as part of a trip to Indonesia, I skipped going to Tokyo Disney for that. Tower of Terror will probably be closed in June next year as its now on the calendar for May yet. December 2018 is when temporary ride closures for June will be posted.
I would hope they wouldn’t close all of those rides down with westernland also being mostly closed

NOOOOOOO

Pooh's Honey Hunt is going to be down when we're there in mid-June!

EDIT: Nevermind! It opens back up in May... Whew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!