UPDATED INFO ON HOTEL EXPRESS PASS......questions welcome....

I have been going to Disney every year since 2010. We have decided to try Universal our next trip. I was just thinking the same thing about wishing they had magic bands like Disney. I have only begun to plan so I know nothing lol.
I found the touring plans on The Orlando Informer very useful.

So, is the room key, express pass and ticket all on one card? I am jumping the gun as our trip isnt for a bit; just excited. Also I booked the package and paying for everything but I put my mom's name on the second room. Can I check in for her or does she have to do that herself?

So, is the room key, express pass and ticket all on one card? I am jumping the gun as our trip isnt for a bit; just excited. Also I booked the package and paying for everything but I put my mom's name on the second room. Can I check in for her or does she have to do that herself?

Tickets are not on your room key. The room key and express pass are on one key.

I noticed that hotwire has the lowes sapphire hotel for 233 a night on a fire deal, has anyone done this does it still come with the express passes?

For this hotel offer: 4* HOTWIRE Universal Orlando Resort for $233 Free Internet Pet Friendly Smoke Free Fitness Pool Restaurant Business Hi-Speed Internet ==> Universal's Loews Sapphire Falls Resort

I noticed that hotwire has the lowes sapphire hotel for 233 a night on a fire deal, has anyone done this does it still come with the express passes?

For this hotel offer: 4* HOTWIRE Universal Orlando Resort for $233 Free Internet Pet Friendly Smoke Free Fitness Pool Restaurant Business Hi-Speed Internet ==> Universal's Loews Sapphire Falls Resort

Sapphire Falls does not come with express and never has. $233 is really not a deal. I don't think Sapphire Falls is a 4 star hotel either. It is rated as one of the value hotels at Universal and is usually about $150/night with an annual pass (which is what I consider to be a good deal).

Like Damo said, SF does not come with express. Also, I booked Royal Pacific (which comes with express) for $194 just a couple nights ago with the florida resident discount so I definitely wouldn't consider that a good deal.

Planning 1st time Universal trip, so know little to nothing. We are a family of 4 (kids 6&11) who are not thrill-ride people. Going end of June and we are ok getting to parks 1st thing. (We almost always rope drop at WDW.) We are going almost exclusively for Harry Potter world, with some character interaction/kid rides/shows thrown in the mix (depending on what I find -- like I said, we know nothing). Was looking into staying at one of the premier results to get "free EP", based on friends' recommendations, but am now wondering if added expense is worth it for a family like ours.

Would LOVE suggestions/input from experienced Universal goers, because we could really use the money savings if the EP isn't necessary for a trip like ours.

The ep is worth its weight in gold to many of us

Three of the onsite hotels includes them for all in your party
Unlimited ride usage !

Figure out what the costs would be for your family if you bought the ep and include total room costs for the prefer and value hotels

Most times you can come out ahead paying for the deluxe stay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter