UPDATED INFO ON HOTEL EXPRESS PASS......questions welcome....

Thanks so much to everyone who updates these boards! We were in Universal for the first time last year and I am just now reading about the priority seating - we stayed on property. lol! So much information to absorb. My husband and daughters are making a bucket list trip to Italy in March. My son didn't want to be on a plane that long so we're zipping back down to Universal for a little fun while they're gone. Once again, I am tremendously thankful for the Disboard intel!

Thank you!!

I`m so glad the threads on here have been a help to you........there is a lot of info to take in, especially for first timers.......

Hope you have a lovely trip with your son :wave2:

Am I the only one that wishes the express pass was only offered to hotel guests on site. I hate that anyone can buy them. That should be an extra perk for us staying on site.

With the 3 hotels including free unlimited ep, it keeps those hotels at a high occupancy

Money maker for Loews

Even with the purchase of the ep for the general public, ep lines still save a lot of wait time

I have stayed several times onsite for extended trips to universal but this is the first time I will be getting a room that we are not staying in only for the passes for a quick 2 day trip. Just so I am clear I am trying to confirm that Only one person needs to check in and will receive the hotel keys for the whole group and no one needs to get their photo made at the kiosk any longer. Is this correct? What information is requested at check in for all the room keys just the first and last name of each guest? Finally if I reserve and pay for one night in 2 rooms under my name for 1 adult and 4 kids in each room - total of 2 adults 8 kids (there is another actual adult in our party not just me.) Can I check in for both rooms and get all 10 keys since they will be in my name and already paid for or do I need to change the name on one reservation to the other adult's name and she will have to check in also? Thanks

No photos to get the room keys and the room keys are now the EPs for the parks. And I didn't have to point to everyone in my party to get them a room key (most were not at the front desk at all.)

So you should be able to check-in, get the keys for the whole party without them being there.

I have stayed several times onsite for extended trips to universal but this is the first time I will be getting a room that we are not staying in only for the passes for a quick 2 day trip. Just so I am clear I am trying to confirm that Only one person needs to check in and will receive the hotel keys for the whole group and no one needs to get their photo made at the kiosk any longer. Is this correct? What information is requested at check in for all the room keys just the first and last name of each guest? Finally if I reserve and pay for one night in 2 rooms under my name for 1 adult and 4 kids in each room - total of 2 adults 8 kids (there is another actual adult in our party not just me.) Can I check in for both rooms and get all 10 keys since they will be in my name and already paid for or do I need to change the name on one reservation to the other adult's name and she will have to check in also? Thanks
Not sure if I read your questions correctly

Yes first and last name of each guest on the hotel room card

5 to a room

If more than 2 peeps 18 and over are in the same room, there is a surcharge for additional adults
$35 + tax per night

Suggest you contact the hotel to see if it’s an issue to be on both room ressie and do check in for all 10 peeps

5/23/18
came back to post it is now $35 for additional adults 18 +
first two adults no extra charge

If more than 2 peeps 18 and over are in the same room, there is a surcharge for additional adults $25 + tax per night
I hope this doesn't hold true for the Villa Parlor Suite. I guess I would argue that 2 adults are in the bedroom and 2 adults are in the parlor. So it is not the same room. In fact the parlor will have its own entry key.

Not sure how it will be charged.
If it is the same room number, just don't know.

Suggest you contact the hotel for current info and policy.

I updated my post of 3/2/18 as the third "adult" and additional is now a $35 + tax per night added fee.

This has probably been asked before, but I don't know how to search for such a question, so apologies in advance. I'm thinking about booking a stay at a deluxe hotel with a booking at a value hotel at either end of the stay. We'll likely be driving, so let's assume we arrive in the middle of the day on a Monday and stay at a value hotel. Move over to a deluxe hotel on Tuesday, have the EP from first thing in the morning. Stay until Thursday night, checkout of the deluxe hotel, checkin to the value Friday morning, so we still have the EP for all of Friday. Checkout Saturday and drive home. Does that plan make sense? And any opinion on whether the hassle of moving hotels twice would be worth it?

This has probably been asked before, but I don't know how to search for such a question, so apologies in advance. I'm thinking about booking a stay at a deluxe hotel with a booking at a value hotel at either end of the stay. We'll likely be driving, so let's assume we arrive in the middle of the day on a Monday and stay at a value hotel. Move over to a deluxe hotel on Tuesday, have the EP from first thing in the morning. Stay until Thursday night, checkout of the deluxe hotel, checkin to the value Friday morning, so we still have the EP for all of Friday. Checkout Saturday and drive home. Does that plan make sense? And any opinion on whether the hassle of moving hotels twice would be worth it?

So you'll have EP on Tuesday- Friday. The day of your check in until the end of your checkout day. It's always easier to stay in the same hotel, but if you don't mind switching hotels, you can save a lot of $$. We've switched room categories in the same hotel during our stays to save $$. If we check in late, we don't book club level. Whatever keeps the travel budget in check is worth it to me!:thumbsup2

Using what you have, I'll say,

Monday stay at a value hotel, check out early the next day and check into the deluxe hotel by 7:00 am.

You will have the free unlimited express pass for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday until park closes.

But, you check out of the deluxe hotel on Friday and check into the value hotel same Friday.
Go back to the parks and use your deluxe hotel key card for the ep lines usage.

The parking fees for the deluxe hotel will not include Friday as long as you move your car before midnight.
Parking fees at the value hotels are cheaper than the deluxe parking.

Many peeps will check out early from the deluxe and check into the value early like 7ish in order to be able to do early entry.

Thanks a lot for the responses ☺ we've been trying to get back to Universal all year, and haven't been able to fit it into the budget. I don't want to go for just a couple of days, and I know I could stay in a value the whole time, but I think the combination of a better hotel room and the express pass makes it worth staying at a deluxe hotel. With this idea I can justify it a little more as I'm maximizing the value. Oh and especially thanks for the parking tip! I wouldn't have thought of that.

Thanks a lot for the responses ☺ we've been trying to get back to Universal all year, and haven't been able to fit it into the budget. I don't want to go for just a couple of days, and I know I could stay in a value the whole time, but I think the combination of a better hotel room and the express pass makes it worth staying at a deluxe hotel. With this idea I can justify it a little more as I'm maximizing the value. Oh and especially thanks for the parking tip! I wouldn't have thought of that.

It's great that you can do the 2 nights at a deluxe with EP! It will make it possible for you to do so much at the parks with minimal waits! You are going to have an amazing time!:)

As a long time DW visitor, we've grown accustomed to the magic bands and the convenience of just "tapping" your wrist. It's going to take a little bit of getting used to either (a) hanging a lanyard around each of our necks or (b) having one person responsible for taking out the express passes before every ride. Here's to hoping that Universal follows what they are doing with the Tapu Tapu @ Volcano Bay and that they get on the RFID bandwagon.
I have been going to Disney every year since 2010. We have decided to try Universal our next trip. I was just thinking the same thing about wishing they had magic bands like Disney. I have only begun to plan so I know nothing lol.

Great thread. I’m thinking of ending a Disney trip with a night at one of the universal hotels that include the express pass. I understand I can get the room keys in the morning (say 8am) and then head to the park and they’ll hold our bags at bell services.

My question is how much trouble is it to retrieve the bags? Would they bring it to the room when it’s available ala Disney? Just wondering how much trouble it would be to get our stuff if coming back from the park at 9pm.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Great thread. I’m thinking of ending a Disney trip with a night at one of the universal hotels that include the express pass. I understand I can get the room keys in the morning (say 8am) and then head to the park and they’ll hold our bags at bell services.

My question is how much trouble is it to retrieve the bags? Would they bring it to the room when it’s available ala Disney? Just wondering how much trouble it would be to get our stuff if coming back from the park at 9pm.

Thanks.
At Universal, they will text you when your room is ready. You can return to the resort any time after that. Go to the check-in desk and they will key your card(s) for your room. You can then walk over to the baggage services desk and let them know you are ready for your bags and you can head up to your room. Your bags will be delivered shortly after. No trouble at all.

Thanks.
Bell service works the same as WDW, you can either stop at the luggage desk on your way to your room, or phone down to get your luggage delivered to room.

So, no more 3 cards? Ticket, room key plus EP photo card? That’s great! I still have my lanyard that came with photo Pass last time we were at Universal. That comes in handy for EP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter