Updated: Feb Trip plans "It's a Bit Less Humid Today, Right?" - a September 2018 Trip Report

Just joining in now.

It came about last May (2017), when Trevor and I were talking and I mentioned how "someday" I'd love to stay at Disney's Boardwalk, and explaining about how renting DVC points would be the cheapest way to do it.

We're renting DVC to stay at the Boardwalk for our February trip. I'm so excited!

The other big part of my planning was changing my diet and exercising everyday, due to a combination of wanting to fit on Flight of Passage and wanting to make sure I'd be ok walking a crazy amount. I ended up dropping about 95 pounds (spoiler alert: *totally* paid off--fit on Flight of Passage with no problem and my feet didn't hurt at all!), though I gained 10 pounds back #worthit.

Wow, 95lb, congrats!! In my experience, the vacation weight you gain comes back off pretty quickly if you want it to. I lost 50lb a few years ago, gained maybe 8 back on vacation, but it was gone again in a week once I stopped eating and drinking ALL THE THINGS.

Luckily DH is the opposite of me and his calmness helped me calm back down and reel the crazy back in.

This is me and my hubby, too. I can get obsessive with the planning for various worst case scenarios and he talks me back down.

I actually got super lucky and found another pair for 7:30

What awesome FP luck! Good for you.

What was cooler? The beignet ice cream sundae we got from the food court!
img_5389-jpg.354760

Oh my goodness, that looks amazing!!!

And what were we having for breakfast? Cake!

Another stellar meal choice. If you can't eat cake on vacation, when can you?

OK, this is moderately terrifying. :-)

Its amazing how much you got done in the time you weren't even supposed to be there! Dinner sounded amazing, I havent eaten there yet. I'll have to try it!

Your view was incredible at the BW! Mine was a view of the entrance of the resort, but I was on the same floor as the lobby and actually a very short walk down the hall from it, so I really loved that at the end of a long day!

I've never eaten at Flying Fish - looks great! I did enjoy having Ample Hills right downstairs to pop in each evening. I ended up getting the "Shirley Temple" sorbet three nights in a row and loved it!

Yay! Thanks for the Boardwalk pictures. Sorry you waited so long for your luggage.
Of course! You're going to love the Boardwalk--it's amazing. :) Well, except for Bell Services... lol :)

Just joining in now.

We're renting DVC to stay at the Boardwalk for our February trip. I'm so excited!

Wow, 95lb, congrats!! In my experience, the vacation weight you gain comes back off pretty quickly if you want it to. I lost 50lb a few years ago, gained maybe 8 back on vacation, but it was gone again in a week once I stopped eating and drinking ALL THE THINGS.

This is me and my hubby, too. I can get obsessive with the planning for various worst case scenarios and he talks me back down.

What awesome FP luck! Good for you.

Oh my goodness, that looks amazing!!!

Another stellar meal choice. If you can't eat cake on vacation, when can you?

OK, this is moderately terrifying. :-)
:welcome: You're going to love the Boardwalk!! I've decided renting DVC points is the best :)

You're right about the WDW weight--8 of those 10 pounds I gained went away after a week of (like you said) NOT eating all of the things :)

The beignet sundae was amazing--I highly recommend it. And also cake for breakfast :D

Glad our picture could scare you! I almost think waiting to see how your picture turned out is one of the best parts of Spaceship Earth. :D

Its amazing how much you got done in the time you weren't even supposed to be there! Dinner sounded amazing, I havent eaten there yet. I'll have to try it!
:welcome: It all kind of worked out perfectly--I was amazed. But very grateful! lol Oh yea--definitely try it when you can! It was definitely worth it. And then you're on the Boardwalk so the nice atmosphere continues even after leaving the restaurant. :)

I enjoyed your PTR...and, not surprisingly, your TR is even more fun to follow!
:welcome: Thank you! I hope it's as enjoyable to read as I find it to write. :)

Your view was incredible at the BW! Mine was a view of the entrance of the resort, but I was on the same floor as the lobby and actually a very short walk down the hall from it, so I really loved that at the end of a long day!

I've never eaten at Flying Fish - looks great! I did enjoy having Ample Hills right downstairs to pop in each evening. I ended up getting the "Shirley Temple" sorbet three nights in a row and loved it!

Oh nice! Those hallways can indeed be pretty long at the end of the day indeed.

Ample Hills was amazing! I loved their "Dark Chocolate"--we did the ice cream flight one night and then went back another night for our favorite flavors. I didn't try the "Shirley Temple"--guess that means I have to go back! :)

Saturday, September 15th:
Animal Kingdom

This was originally supposed to be our first full day at Walt Disney World, but how nice to have it be the third full day instead! :)

We slept in a bit, though I was up before Trevor (spoiler alert: I was up before him every day. it's Disney! who needs sleep! :D). We probably got up around 8, or 8:15? We got croissants at the Boardwalk bakery for breakfast and then headed to the bus stop. The AK bus came almost immediately, but there was a *long* line at the bus stop of people waiting for a bus. I assume to the MK? There were only a couple other people who got on the bus to AK with us; it left at 8:55 and we went directly to the park, arriving at 9:10.

TqIWnmB.jpg

As we got off the bus, we started uttering the words that would become the title of this trip report--"It's a bit less humid today, right?" Spoiler alert: it never was, but it's always a bit less humid in the mornings! And you got to do something to keep yourself sane when it's so crazy hot. So if we convince ourselves it less humid and less hot, we'll feel cooler, right? hahahaha no.

Anyways, this was Trevor's first time at the Animal Kingdom. The lines to scan your tickets were *crazy* long, so we took advantage of the much shorter Annual Passholder line. Intangible benefits for the win! The line only had like 5 people or so in front of us but the regular lines were backed up all the way to the ticketselling windows. Insane.

We took some photopass pictures as we made our way into the park:

MAlTtfF.jpg

We also stopped and became Wilderness Explorers!

Ufu3Bpu.jpg

We didn't bother to do any of the other stops in the park, but we loved the Wilderness Explorer Call and did that a lot throughout our trip, cause we're nerds that way. "The Wilderness Must Be Explored! Caw Caw! Rarrr!" It was also a contender for trip report title. :)

We then continued on to our first fastpass: Dinosaur! We got in line at 9:38 using our fastpass (but we really didn't need it--it was a literal standby walk on. A group got in standby just as we scanned our fastpasses, we both walked through and were immediately ushered into the same pre-show room). Went through the preshow and were 1 party away from boarding when they told everyone we needed to exit immediately. Bummer! Our fastpass was gone, and they told us we should automatically get an anytime fastpass on our bands to use later, or when it came back up (spoiler alert: we didn't).

We continued making our way through Dinoland, and I filled Trevor in on the backstory (a tacky roadside carnival that sprung up when they discovered dino bones). Our next fastpass wasn't until 10 am, at the Safaris, so we decided to ride Triceratops Spin on standby. It was a pretty short wait--one or two cycles maybe? A fun ride but mostly we enjoyed the breeze. :)

4rjeNjH.jpg

While up there, we could see the Launchpad meet and greet site, so we decided to go and meet him and Scrooge, since we didn't really have anything pressing to get to and those were two meets we really wanted to do. We'd originally thought to do them in the afternoon, but since we were here, why not?

When we got off Triceratops Spin Launchpad had a pretty good line (maybe 10 groups?) so we continued on to Scrooge. Since his location is a bit better hidden, there was only one or two groups in front of us. We waited 5 minutes--nice! We also had a great meet with him--we had brought some pictures for the characters to sign, with sheet music as the background and then a picture of the character over top, and both Scrooge and Launchpad (and their character handlers! :) ) liked it a lot. Scrooge also inspected my engagement ring and gave Trevor his approval (Trevor was sweating there for a bit! Nah, not really--he was sweating 'cause it was hot. :) ) He also liked Trevor's "duck tales" button with Scrooge's face on it.

V8YHqzc.jpg

wctAoHu.jpg

After Scrooge went so quickly, we decided to bite the bullet and jump in line for Launchpad. There was a pretty good line, but we only waited until 10:20ish, and that included Launchpad taking a 3 minute (or so) break. There was a family with two cute little kids in front of us, and we had fun talking and playing with the kids while we waited.

Launchpad was hilarious! When he arrived at the greet, he walked into the back wall and pretended he'd "crashed" into it. He loved the picture (even drew a propellor as part of his signature) and liked Trevor's "duck tales" button too. Very fun. If you're a DuckTales fan, highly recommend these meets!

TdeEJgP.jpg

zJ5naD2.jpg

(showing Launchpad the Wilderness Explorer Call--he noticed our Wilderness Explorer stickers :D)

4xEGXuP.jpg

After that, elated by our success in completing both meet and greets by 10:30, we headed over to Africa for our safari. I don't know what was going on, but even with a fastpass, it was a long line. [check pics for time]. After the merge point it felt like we waited 10 minutes without moving. And it was sweltering, but at least it was shady.

We had a pretty good safari--got to see the giraffes and elephants, and even the baby elephant, though Stella was booking it across the ground when we saw her, and ended up in a place where we didn't have a good view of her. Still fun though. :)

After the Safari we took some more pics:

ZbaM8QB.jpg

(I really really love Trevor's face in this picture :D)

From there, we took the back way in to Pandora. This was a bit of a mis-step on my part; we didn't get to see the big floating mountains from the front, we got to see it all from kind of the back way. But even so, Pandora was breathtaking. I know I've heard all the hype and seen all the pictures, but in person it's something else. Wow. We literally were just saying "wow" over and over. All the theming--this is why we go to Disney.

Tb8mqes.jpg

We had a fastpass for FoP at 11:05, and were very grateful to bypass that long queue! I agree with everyone else about the two pre-shows being too long, but I can understand that psychologically if you're in a pre-show it doesn't feel like you're "in line" anymore, even though you totally are. And it is kind of cool that you can see the image of yourself when they scan for bugs and to match you with an avatar. (I did take a selfie somewhere in here but it's bad. I won't inflict it on you :D)

Then on to the ride itself! I'd starting getting nervous that I wouldn't fit, and I completely forgot to try the seat out front (it also is kind of hidden if you're coming from back way), but all my work paid off--I fit with no problem at all. It is kind of an uncomfortable seat, but wow--what a ride! We were blown away--the scents, water in your face...wow. I have no other words. We loved it.

As we were making our way through the (very long) exit path, I scored us a Navi River Journey fastpass for immediate use! Huzzah! I was hoping I would, but you never know how MDE will treat you. And despite all the reports of glitches, we didn't really have any problems, and in fact had amazingly fantastic luck.

Navi River Journey loaded much quicker--we were on it almost immediately. I know people rag on this ride, but after the intense sensory overload of Flight of Passage, this was relaxing and refreshing, just enjoying the bio-luminescence and the scenery. And that Shaman animatronic--wow! That was neat. I wish we could have ridden this again, but alas.

Dl8z4rQ.jpg

rAFAEhr.jpg

After our venture into Pandora, we ventured back to Asia for lunch: Yak'n'Yeti! It was crazy crowded--lots of people in that entryway trying to get out of the sun or trying for walk up reservations. We had a 12:15 reservation, and despite the crowds we didn't wait too much longer to be seated, though we did end up right by the restrooms, and it was *loud*. So not the best seat we've ever had.

We did have an enjoyable meal though. Trevor got a virgin mixed berry daiquiri, and I got what was essentially a strawberry icee ('cause hot.).

lXZ7gh3.jpg
knrFFVf.jpg

For the main course, I got the sweet and sour chicken. I was apparently hungrier than I thought 'cause I demolished that in like 5 minutes.
EDwL2gX.jpg

Trevor continued his trend of appetizers and got the Dragon Roll (which was much bigger than he was expecting) and the Ahi Tuna Nachos. Those nachos man, super yummy. I don't like seafood so didn't think I'd like these, but the wonton chips are one of my favorite things so I decided to try them and wow. Very yummy. Very impressed. We couldn't eat all of it, but we really liked it. It was a good meal. :)

Mo6DQUh.jpg

We didn't get any dessert there, partially 'cause we were full, and partially because we saw a post on one of the disney blogs about a mini chocolate silk pie/cake next door at the Yak n Yeti quickservice. Every year on my birthday, instead of a cake, Trevor makes me a French silk pie. So since that obviously wasn't going to happen this year (the kitchenette in our room doesn't really allow for complicated pie-making), we figured this would be a good homage to that tradition. And it was! It was cold and yummy, and worth it, despite the kind of long line.

qQgO9AJ.jpg

While at lunch I got us a fastpass for Kali River Rapids, so we dropped our stuff in a locker and headed onto the ride. The sun beating down on you as you go up that hill isn't fun, but the rest of the ride was neat. We got wet but not soaked (unlike some other poor people in our raft). The whole raft had fun as we screamed and teased each other about getting soaked. I love those random moments of stranger bonding that happen at Disney.

After Kali, it was time for me to ride Expedition Everest! The clouds had started to roll in, so I easily got a fastpass for one and headed on to the ride. Trevor won't ride Everest--too much/too intense of a coaster for him. And I haven't tried to get him to ride (like I did with Big Thunder) cause I agree that he wouldn't enjoy it. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy it though!

vqNiR56.jpg

I forgot how much love this ride--interesting, intense, just fun. Everything I could want in a coaster, even with Disco Yeti.

Hb6MmdX.jpg

As we were pulling into the station I noticed that they were sending an empty car up the track and then realized that they'd closed the ride due to lightning in the area. Glad I got on it before it closed! It started sprinkling, but pretty soon was raining pretty heavily. We broke out our dollar store ponchos (seriously--bring dollar store ponchos so you can trash them as soon as the rain stops. Much better than trying to fold them back up and store them, all wet, in your bag) and headed for the exit. We were tired anyways (Trevor especially was flagging), and figured we would head back to the Boardwalk for a rest.

On our way out, Trevor was seduced by the cauldron popcorn bucket. We'd seen it all around the parks, but each time talked ourselves out of it. This time, Trevor decided to go for it, since we were heading back to the resort anyway (so no carrying it around), and he wanted some popcorn, and it was cool looking. So he got the bucket and I went to guest relations and got them to give us two anytime fastpasses to replace the Dinosaur fastpasses that we used when the ride closed.

We got to the Boardwalk bus stop at 2:30; the bus left at 2:40 and we were back to the room around 3, I think? I think the bus was direct back to the resort, but I can't remember for sure. In all likelihood it was shared with at least one of the other Epcot resorts.

We got back to the room and almost literally fell into bed and took a nap. It was *lovely*. Now that we knew where we were going, the walk from the elevators didn't seem that long. And there wasn't any noise from the Boardwalk or the boats--we could hear the boat horns occasionally but they weren't loud and didn't disturb us.

I woke up after about an hour, and decided I'd walk over to Epcot quickly to get one more check in for my AP cutting board and to look at the Mary Poppins merchandise in the UK since I'd forgotten the day before. I know i'm repeating myself, but it was so nice to be able to just pop over to Epcot! I did end up buying the bright pink "Practically Perfect in Every Way" t-shirt (the app said it was sold out--ha!), so it was a productive trip all around.

Trevor was waking up when I got back, so we decided to head back to Animal Kingdom. We were at the bus stop at 5:10, and the bus came at 5:19. The bus made two more stops--once at the Swan and once at the Dolphin. Only one more family got on and they were super obnoxious. It was just us and them on the bus and they were playing their music loudly, on the speaker. I think the lady doing that was drunk? She was acting really strange, but her family didn't seem inclined to stop her. It was irritating. Come on lady.

Once back at Animal Kingdom (where after the rain it did not feel less humid! :D), we headed back to Dinoland to ride Dinosaur. I am such a wimp on this ride--I know they're fake but I still get freaked out, as evidenced by my picture! Trevor liked it though. :) And I made sure to point out the condiment pipes in the loading area!

2DRXJhC.jpg

oSTPMdm.jpg

(this was my real reaction, not staged or posed at all! I love the bored little girl behind me)

After Dinosaur, we rode Primeval Whirl, just for kicks. They were only loading one side (or only one side at a time?) but after directing us to the one side with the long line, they opened up the other side so all the people after us got to walk right on. Oh well, we got to appreciate the theming. That's my story. :) I forgot how jerky the coaster is! Still fun though.

hX6YxnV.jpg

From there, I rode Everest again (twice!). When it started raining before, on the bus I tried to get fastpasses for outdoor rides to see if they would turn into anytime fastpasses, and they did! I got us a pair of anytime fastpasses by getting a Primeval Whirl fastpass that turned into an anytime fastpass. Trevor let me use both to ride Everest. :)

echaucf.jpg

Nm2Su7v.jpg

(this is where I started being clever and trying to pose on rides)

While we were having our resort break, we had gotten another Flight of passage fastpass for 6 pm (to 7 pm), so after Everest we meandered back over to Pandora. Again, blown away by the details! This time we came in the front way and got to see it that way.

S51ZyBY.jpg

We hopped in line and enjoyed our flight just as much the second time. :) We also spent a bit more time looking in the gift shop, since we weren't running to ride a ride or off to lunch. :) Trevor was fascinated by the banshees, but not enough to buy one!

Afterwards we decided we were hungry, so we took advantage of mobile ordering at Satuli Canteen to get dinner! We wanted to try all their offerings, so we got a Beef Bowl to share, and then an order of Cheeseburger Steamed Pods, and then a kids meal of the "Teylu" all beef hot dog wrapped in dough. We also got a drink with the glowing seed. Mobile ordering was nice, if not as quick as I would have liked (faster than waiting in line though!), but they were a little scattered--I had to remind them that the kids meal came with a water and that we had ordered the glowing seed. If you use mobile ordering make sure you check that you're getting everything you're entitled too!

We liked the food a lot. The beef bowl was different and fresh, and the cheeseburger pods really tasted like McDonald's hamburgers, but with the interesting addition of the bao buns instead of regular buns. The hot dog in dough was also good, though more typically "theme park food". It was too much food for us to finish all of it--should have gotten the kids version of the cheeseburger pods. Those things are really quite large! We enjoyed it though.

AquHzi5.jpg

After we finished eating, it was pretty near to park close. We really wanted to see the standby queue for Flight of Passage, so were thinking we'd jump in line right before park close in order to see the queue without having to wait in too long of a line. So we had a few minutes to look around and enjoy Pandora at night. We took some pictures in front of the mech suit

YuUlVQH.jpg

and some of Pandora in the dark. That bioluminescence...wow. I could gush, but I'll just say its amazing and worth seeing and leave it at that.

avm6yM0.jpg

Then I noticed there was a photopass photographer in front of the waterfalls! So we went to do that picture--the line was a bit long, so we started worrying if we'd make it in time to get our picture taken and then get back to Pandora before park close at 8:30, but we made it just in time! We entered the standby queue at 8:28. And we took some awesome pictures--totally worth it. :)

4h1w5NF.jpg

We entered the queue at 8:28--it was backed up to a little bit outside the cave. But because the park closed and there were no more fastpasses, we didn't really ever stop, but were slowly/constantly moving through the queue. It's a gorgeous, immersive queue. Not worth hours and hours, but we entered the preshow at 9:14. It's definitely worth 45 minutes. It would have been a bit quicker but we were within one family of being the last group in line, so we were taking our time with pictures and everything. That avatar in the tank--wow. The whole laboratory, really. There are so many fun touches; I almost wish we could have spent more time in there just exploring and looking around.

wm7kj91.jpg

So as we were going through the line there was a family in front of us with three or four little kids and 2 adult couples, including one very loud mom. She had a drink in her hand during the whole line and seemed to be fairly buzzed, if not drunk. In the line we just ignored her and hung back a bit, but then while waiting to go into the pre-show, we shot ourselves in the foot. We'd gone to the downstairs theatre and the theatre on the main floor, so we were chatting with the nice CM and mentioned it'd be fun to go up the stairs, complete the trifecta. So when the upstairs theatre opened up, he kindly directed us that way. And the only other group in that theatre? The group with the drunk mom.

In the second pre-show room, right before you get on your motorcycle, one of the little girls proclaimed she had to pee, right that moment. Unfortunately, there's no place to use the bathroom at that point, so after much swearing from the adults, including loud swearing from the mom (they were pretty free with the f word for a group at disney), the mom goes over and tries to take off the girl's pants and have her pee in her (now-empty) cup! I looked away as soon as I realized what was going on, but luckily the little girl fought back, saying she wouldn't 'cause there were other people in the room. I'm trying not to think about why her reason was lack of privacy and not "EW GROSS I'M NOT PEEING IN A CUP!".

At that point the preshow finished and in comes the CM who gets informed what is going on. She says the mom and the little girl can go to the exit and use the restroom there, but they won't be able to ride. And the mom is NOT going to leave the ride now, so she tells her little girl to hold it and the girl is doing the potty dance and whining/crying that she can't hold it. The mom continues swearing up a storm and telling her little girl to just pee on the ride and the poor CM is like "I can't let her on the ride if she's going to pee" and it was just SUPER awkward. I felt so bad for the CM, and the poor little girl. Eventually I guess they decide to just go ahead and ride, so the 8 of them take one side of the theatre and we stayed in the other, trying to get as far away from them as possible!

The ride was great, even though we could see the flash from the mom and she videotaped/took pictures (with the flash) of everyone on the ride. We were a bit distracted though, wondering if the little girl would pee on the seat or not. After the ride the poor CM came in to our side of the theatre first with this sad, resigned look on her face and we all three went into the next part of the theatre, where we didn't see any wetness on any of the seats, so presumably the little girl was able to hold it?

It was definitely a bit of unexpected drama to our late night flight of passage excursion! But as a bonus we exited through the way that let us see the famous handprints.

7cVvY1p.jpg

We were off the ride at 9:30 and were able to see a bit more of Pandora at night, though they'd blocked off a lot of it. We enjoyed the quiet and slightly cooler air as we were one of the last few to make our way out of Pandora and to the front of the park. Unfortunately Tree of Life Awakenings was long over by then, so we never did get to see it, but we took a picture for a family in front of the tree of life and then they did the same for us.

rGyf96d.jpg

We leisurely strolled out of the park, and made our way to the Boardwalk stop. The bus came at 9:50 and while we all fit on the bus, it did stop at Swan/Dolphin/Beach/Yacht club. We didn't get back until 10:30ish.

We decided we weren't super tired yet, so we headed down to the Boardwalk, and specifically, Ample Hills Creamery! I think this was the night we ran into our second rude family of the night. We walked in the door, and the line was curved past us (and the door). We just stood there for a second getting our bearings and absorbing the atmosphere (and mostly, the smell of ice cream and waffle cones, let's be honest), when the three ladies at the end of the line (one holding a really young infant...the poor thing looked exhausted, though benefit of the doubt maybe it was having one of those times where the sleep cycle is all messed up) apparently assumed we were cutting and one of them said snidley "The end of the line is back there" and pointed behind her. I was a bit startled at the unexpectedly rude comment and being no saint (as well as a bit tired), muttered under my breath "oh is it?" and one of the other ladies apparently heard me and jumped back in with a snide "yes, it is" and pointed behind them again. Which was funny 'cause they were the end of the line and at this point they were already in front of us (we hadn't moved since entering). She had to turn around from being in front of us and point behind her group, which was basically where we were standing. It was weird, and not a big deal at all, I only remember it because it unexpectedly rude when we hadn't done anything except enter the shop. We realized where the line was, and weren't going to cut anyone. *sigh* The line was moving quickly anyways, dunno what their problem was.

We took advantage of the time in line to peruse the menu:

zCHQsG2.jpg

, and decided to get the ice cream flight: six flavors! We decided to get:

• Baked/unbaked: delicious, as cookie dough ice cream is :) This was Trevor's favorite.
  • Dark Chocolate: so smooth, so rich....my favorite!
  • Sweet cream and cookies: delicious
  • Chocolate Fudge Brownie: also delicious
  • Ooey Gooey Butter Cake: Not my favorite. For some reason the flavors just didn't work for me?
  • Sally Sells Seashells: I liked the flavors here but the texture was slightly gritty. Trevor didn't care for it much.
ymOlHUB.jpg

The only sad part was that they melted so quckly! The heat was still in force, despite it being close to 11 pm, so it became a bit more souplike than I'm sure they intended. But yum. We approve. We also had a great server--she was high energy and friendly despite the late night, though she did say she loved that we (mostly me :) ) were so excited about ice cream too, so maybe we played a bit off each other. She gave us lots of ice cream, so much that we could close the lid of the flight! It was a nice way to end the night.

We headed back to the room, showered and fell into bed. We were tired, but all the walking and weight loss over the past year paid off! We were tired and sore, but not in actual pain. And in the mornings, none of the soreness/exhaustion carried over. It was amazing! By days two or three in my previous trips my feet had really been hurting, and other places too (body glide is a lifesaver) but on this trip, none of that! It made for a much more pleasant and enjoyable trip, to not have those physical complaints.

Tomorrow, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

Fun with Metrics:
Steps Walked: 23,184 (9.4 miles)
Total AP Discount: $8.50
Ride Total (Tiffany): 12 (3 Flight of Passage, 3 Expedition Everest, Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids, Navi River Journey, Safari, Triceratops Spin)

Ride Total (Trevor): 9 (same as me, just no Expedition Everest :) )

Last edited:
I always like to do silly poses for ride photos. I think I'm gonna use him as inspiration on my upcoming trip!

Yes! I only just started (on this trip) to do silly poses--should have looked closer at this guy and could have imitated him! Oh well, there's always next trip. :) You should post your ride photos from your next trip too :D

Also, I'm sorry the pics are so big! I have no idea why it keeps doing that. I'll work on resizing them....sorry!

Day 3 sounds like the day of rude people! Geez what's wrong with them, anyway. But yeah, you're at Disney so no big deal. Loved your food pics from Yak'n'Yeti. Definitely going to try those nachos! and that chocolate cake thing next door. My kind of dessert!
Love how you are so close to Epcot at the Boardwalk. Did you walk to Hollywood Studios, too? I read the walk is longer with all the construction going on in the new parking/bus area. I think we will be ubering in when going directly to HS from hotel. Mostly I tried to go to HS from Epcot in our plans, using the boats. We're not usually in a hurry.

Day 3 sounds like the day of rude people! Geez what's wrong with them, anyway. But yeah, you're at Disney so no big deal. Loved your food pics from Yak'n'Yeti. Definitely going to try those nachos! and that chocolate cake thing next door. My kind of dessert!
Love how you are so close to Epcot at the Boardwalk. Did you walk to Hollywood Studios, too? I read the walk is longer with all the construction going on in the new parking/bus area. I think we will be ubering in when going directly to HS from hotel. Mostly I tried to go to HS from Epcot in our plans, using the boats. We're not usually in a hurry.

The only time we walked from HS was that first day. We would have done it more (it’s not super far) but the heat beating down on you once you hit the parking lot/construction zone was intense enough to dissuade us. If it wasn’t so hot we probably would have walked more.

Enjoying your trip report! Looking forward to my next trip so much!

We are looking at staying at Boardwalk, I am curious, would you be willing to share what the cost was for renting points for 8 nights?

Yes! I only just started (on this trip) to do silly poses--should have looked closer at this guy and could have imitated him! Oh well, there's always next trip. :) You should post your ride photos from your next trip too :D

Oh I definitely will! I'm already cooking up some ideas. I love that you did a sleeping pose! My whole group of 4 did that on Splash in Disneyland one year. One of our favorite pics ever!

I really enjoy how you've organized your TR. I might have to snake some ideas from you! Your "fun with metrics" is pretty cool lil snippet at the end of each day.
Do you keep lots of notes throughout the day? Or just have a stellar memory?

I look forward to reading more. popcorn::

Enjoying your trip report! Looking forward to my next trip so much!

We are looking at staying at Boardwalk, I am curious, would you be willing to share what the cost was for renting points for 8 nights?

:welcome: Glad your enjoying it! Passes the time til your trip, right? :)

Sure! We rented from a member on here and paid $1845. It was 123 points at $15 a point, or $230.62 a night. As a fun fact, we paid $243 for one night at French Quarter garden view—with a discount. The only real downside to renting points (aside from not controlling the reservation and having to trust the DVC member) is the lead time required to book it.

Oh I definitely will! I'm already cooking up some ideas. I love that you did a sleeping pose! My whole group of 4 did that on Splash in Disneyland one year. One of our favorite pics ever!

I really enjoy how you've organized your TR. I might have to snake some ideas from you! Your "fun with metrics" is pretty cool lil snippet at the end of each day.
Do you keep lots of notes throughout the day? Or just have a stellar memory?

I look forward to reading more. popcorn::

That’s awesome! I’m sure you’ll have some good ones for this trip too. :)

Aw, thank you!! Feel free to steal, im sure I stole them from other trip reports on here. As far as notes, the answer is sort of. I did take some notes on my phone when I wanted to remember specific times or details I knew I might forget, and since I’m a planner I had a big spreadsheet with our budget that I would update every night with all our receipts and what we spent and the discount, etc to make sure we were staying somewhat in our budget (lol we *totally* blew the souvenir budget but were under on food so it all works out). So I’ve been going back to that spreadsheet for the discount number. The rest is notes + memory + photos and time stamps on photos :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter