Updated: Car service to & from DLP from Paris?

pixiedustedme

Planning is half the fun
Going to Paris in a week and getting a bit gun shy about using trains for our day trips out of Paris. Any recommendations for a good car service to use between Paris & DLP?

Update: We visited DLP yesterday, and ended up taking the train, mostly because I was too preoccupied with other matters in the days before the trip to get around to ordering a car service.

Overall it went well. We had figured out how to use the RER train the day before for our day trip to Versailles. There was a bit of a learning curve as we're Texans & therefore almost never use public transportation of any kind, let alone subway trains (which are nonexistent back home). So figuring out the machines and which train to get on took a bit of orientation at first.

Last edited:
I don't have any recommendations, but keep in mind that if you go into Paris with a car during rush hour it can take a bit longer than the train. It's an old city and not every neighbourhood is made for letting modern traffic through in a speedy manner. Give yourself plenty of time to get there if you take a car service.

But what are your worries on taking the train?
There is a pre-programmed button for tickets to Paris from DLP in the machine, all the signs are bilingual, Googlemaps is reliable with which trains to take, where to transfer. And if you get on the wrong train, get out, get back to your original place and take the right train. Paris is filled with tourists and asking for directions is not uncommon :) . I'm sure the receptionist/concierge at your hotel will be more than willing to help you figure out the train system.

I also don’t know what your concern is with the train so difficult to advise but if time and efficiency arw important than I would highly recommend the train -the traffic in Paris can be brutal.

I don't have any recommendations, but keep in mind that if you go into Paris with a car during rush hour it can take a bit longer than the train. It's an old city and not every neighbourhood is made for letting modern traffic through in a speedy manner. Give yourself plenty of time to get there if you take a car service.

But what are your worries on taking the train?
There is a pre-programmed button for tickets to Paris from DLP in the machine, all the signs are bilingual, Googlemaps is reliable with which trains to take, where to transfer. And if you get on the wrong train, get out, get back to your original place and take the right train. Paris is filled with tourists and asking for directions is not uncommon :) . I'm sure the receptionist/concierge at your hotel will be more than willing to help you figure out the train system.
I'm going from Paris to DLP, not vice versa. Getting us to the correct train station on time, so that we arrive by park opening, figuring out which train to take, and not getting pickpocketed, all on my second full day in Paris, are my concerns. It seems a bit stressful. I've never been to France before, don't speak French, and am a single mom taking my son.

Last edited:
I'm going from Paris to DLP, not vice versa. Getting us to the correct train station on time, so that we arrive by park opening, figuring out which train to take, and not getting pickpocketed, all on my second full day in Paris, are my concerns. It seems a bit stressful. I've never been to France before, don't speak French, and am a single mom taking my son.

Oh, sorry, but it still works, as also Disneyland Paris is programmed (not 100% sure, but quite sure) in the machines. And you can prepare for all your questions from your home, googlemaps can help you figure where to go when. This article also might be helpful. https://parisbytrain.com/rer-train-paris-to-euro-disney/ Getting pickpocketed is a valid concern when being outside, but that will be the case for your entire trip.

If you decide on a car service getting to DLP, also take enough time due to traffic in Paris can be brutal.

And absolutely do not worry about not speaking French in Paris, with English you will be able to get directions.

We ended up doing Ubers to and from DLP from Paris last week.

The alternative was the metro to the RER - but due to construction it was really going to be Metro-RER-shuttle bus between RER stops-RER. So check on google maps or another routing app before making a plan, to be sure the route is good.

We left Paris at 10am on a Wednesday and we were at DLP (Disneyland Hotel) in about 40 minutes - no traffic. 90 euro. We did the return trip at 2:30 on Friday afternoon and again it took about 40 minutes and we had no traffic. That trip was 70 euro (Uber pricing fluctuates based on demand).

For us the additional cost of the Uber was worth avoiding the disrupted train service, with baggage and a 7 year old.

We used BT Transfer from CDG to Disneyland Paris and from DLP to our hotel in Paris. The driver was at the exit at CDG with a sign when we arrived. Short walk to where his car was parked. Nice clean car and trip The drive back to Paris was on time and delivered us right to our hotel. Easy communication and follow-up to confirm. Definitely would recommend. Read the recommendations on Trip Advisor.

We went in November and you will not have any problems on the train. We hopped the train to everywhere we went and were pros by the end of our trip. There are maps everywhere and people at your hotel will tell you exactly what do do. If I remember correctly, we jumped on one train and it took us straight in to DLP and drops you at the gates. DLP is pretty far out there from central Paris and would take you forever by car. It was a good 30 to 45 mins on the train. We wore money belts all around Paris as to avoid pick pockets. You are far more likely to be annoyed by all of the panhandling gypsies begging for your money than anything else. Just say NO! and they will move on. We were two girls traveling alone and never felt uncomfortable on the trains. We were stressed as well because Paris is in no way English friendly. If you google translate a few sentences, and start trying to speak any questions in French, they will automatically switch to English for you. If you go up to someone and say, "Parlay vous Anglais?" they will snub their noses and say, "NO, FRENCH!" You have to at least try or you will get nowhere. They seem to be offended if you ask if they speak English. I guess you are supposed to assume they are bilingual. We learned this the hard way. Just google your question on Google Translate and practice it a few times and then usually, halfway through your feeble attempt at French they will stop you and say, "English?" and then they will help you. Try to find someone on the younger side. They all speak English, but will not try if you don't first try French. Once we realized that, we were good. My go to sentence that I learned, in case they answered me in French was, "I'm sorry, that's all the French that I know." lol You will be fine, just try to look like you know what you're doing even if you don't. You'll definitely want to use the trains. So easy and convenient. You just need to know the name of your stop, and the name of the stop that's in the direction you want to go. They each have a starting point and an ending point with the name of that stop being the direction you are heading. I know it sounds confusing, but you'll get the hang of it. The most confusing part is that the stops aren't labeled by the sights you want to see typically. You would think it would be Eiffel Tower, Louvre, etc...but very few are like this. You just need to have a map to look at to see where each site is, and what the name of the closest stop is. It became kind of fun by the end of it. lol I'm going again in November because now I know how to do it and feel like I know my way around pretty well. Go online and start studying the train maps. Get a Navigo pass for a week and ride those trains like you own them!

We just got back from Paris and used the train to get to DLP our very first morning we were there. The train seems to run ever 9-10 minutes, so you don't really need to worry about getting to the station in time for a specific train. None of our family of 3 speaks any French (DH & I both took German and DS20 took Spanish)

If you are used to some of our USA trains that commute from suburbs to cities, this is very, very different. I live a couple of blocks from a train into Chicago - it runs at very specific times (2 or 3 per hour during morning/afternoon rush, but only 1 per hour the rest of the day and every 2 hours at night! For those trains, you need to know the schedule and be sure you are there on time. The RER A to DLP is very different.

The map for the RER is available online, so you should be able to see if there is one near your hotel. We actually picked our hotel based on its location near an RER A station (Auber). Finding the correct train was a breeze. This was our first morning in Paris - we had no idea how any of it worked. We went down the steps to the Auber station and immediately started seeing signs with the Mickey head symbol. We just followed them out to the correct track. Probably the only "trick" is that there is a sign out by the track that lists all the stations for the line and it lights up which ones the next train will be stopping at. You want to be certain that "Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy" is lit up. It may be that all the trains stop there - the one that was just pulling away as we arrived had it lit up and the next train that we got on also had it lit up.

The train itself has screens in the cars that scroll through all the stations that are left and a minute or two before you arrive at each, shows the name in large letters. It is very easy to know exactly where you are. Once we arrived, we put our tickets through the machines to get out of the station and were shocked at how close we were to the entrance.

Getting back was just as easy.

If your hotel isn't near the RER A, then you will need to use the metro to get to an RER A station. Google Maps (or probably any of the transit apps) is fantastic for this. Ask for directions from your hotel to DLP (and make sure you have selected the "Bus" symbol for public transportation) and it will give you suggestions for different routes.

We bought the Paris Visite transit pass for our trip - I'm pretty sure we paid a little more than for individual tickets, but it made using the metro and RER easy. If you want to use it to get to DLP (or Versailles) you need to get the Zones 1-5 version. We purchased it in advance at the Paris Airport website and picked it up before leaving the airport at the Tourist Information desk. I believe you can also order them to be shipped to you in advance or buy them at the station. The transit pass would definitely be cheaper than a car service to DLP.

Going to Paris in a week and getting a bit gun shy about using trains for our day trips out of Paris. Any recommendations for a good car service to use between Paris & DLP?

Update: We visited DLP yesterday, and ended up taking the train, mostly because I was too preoccupied with other matters in the days before the trip to get around to ordering a car service.

Overall it went well. We had figured out how to use the RER train the day before for our day trip to Versailles. There was a bit of a learning curve as we're Texans & therefore almost never use public transportation of any kind, let alone subway trains (which are nonexistent back home). So figuring out the machines and which train to get on took a bit of orientation. The hardest parts for us were just finding the stations (Google maps hindered more than helped us with this), and figuring out how to use multiple machines at the station (there were no workers on duty at the ticketing section of the first train station we used in Paris, so there was no one we could ask for help.)

I will also add that I didn't really feel comfortable asking our hotel receptionists for advice. They have been extremely reserved, never ask us about our travels & never offer help, even when my son and I were seated just a few feet away from them in an otherwise empty & silent lobby, trying to figure out a map to the station & talking about how the first time we got lost... I know I could have asked them, but as they didn't show any personal interest in us throughout our trip or offer any assistance, I felt more comfortable just figuring it out myself.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter