Updated with Trip Report Link! - A Trip of Firsts! - A September 2018 Pre Trip Report

Guys, August is not my month and it's not even halfway done! Saturday night, just a couple hours after I wrote that last post on the 4th, our air conditioning died. It'd like 90 degrees and 90% humidity (hello Virginia weather!), so we got our HVAC guy out as soon as we could. He came and fixed it the next day, around noon. It's working now, but the HVAC guy says the compressor is dying so we'll need to replace the whole system soon. Gotta love good news like that. :) Oh well--we have a home warranty, hopefully it dies while the warranty is still in effect!

I spent the rest of this week getting the car that my parents gifted us inspected and registered and titled and spending time with them, and then Friday I bit into a fruit by the foot fruit snack, and pulled out one of the crowns on one of my back molars! And of course it happened at noon on Friday, when the dentist office closed at 11 am on Fridays. So I'm gonna try and get in to the dentist tomorrow morning to get that fixed. Hopefully it's an easy (and cheap) fix... :)

But whew...I am so done with all this. I'll get back to posting the plans for each of my days soon, as things should hopefully calm down now. Right? (right? :D)

Oh no! When it rains it pours. What a bunmer! Earlier, before we bought our WDW tickets, we were contemplating going without tickets due to some financial stuff. Well, our AC unit was one of the "stuffs!" It went out and had to be replaced. So, I totally feel your pain.

I hope everything works out easily, and no that your tooth doesn't cause you any pain.

Oh no! When it rains it pours. What a bunmer! Earlier, before we bought our WDW tickets, we were contemplating going without tickets due to some financial stuff. Well, our AC unit was one of the "stuffs!" It went out and had to be replaced. So, I totally feel your pain.

I hope everything works out easily, and no that your tooth doesn't cause you any pain.

Thank you! I need a new crown, but no pain, so I'm taking my wins where I can find them. :) And I'm so sorry about your AC unit! That's the worst--they're so expensive. Glad you were able to get your tickets in the end though.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

It's my birthday!! Originally we were going to sleep in 'cause otherwise I'm like this all day

tumblr_n3u5ncRjx01ttw09qo1_500.gif

But then Disney released Early Morning Magic for today, and I got sucked in by all the good reviews...and it basically sounds awesome to start the day with the 7 Dwarves over and over. :)

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Mine Train is about Trevor's limit on roller coasters (though he's going to try Big Thunder this trip!) and sometimes depending on how he's feeling even that is a bit too much, so I'm hopeful that he'll be able to ride it and enjoy it. But he likes Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan too, so shouldn't be a total bust.

Anyways, after Mine Train, I want to try and ride both Space Mountain (Trevor doesn't want to ride it...not sure what he'll do during this time :D), and Astro Orbiter (I know I know, but come at me haters--I think its fun)

B5uy2E0.gif

After that, maybe Buzz Lightyear if there's time, or if not, back to Pinocchio Village House for the EMM breakfast. ALL THE FOOD! And I want to sign the Blue Fairy's Wish book!

upload_2018-8-13_21-55-9.jpeg

Anyways, after breakfast, we have our first fastpass at ten for Tomorrowland Speedway. Cause it's fun and always has an inexplicably long line for something that is basically just going around in a circle.

bTu7AS9.gif

We'll probably hit Under the Sea and the Tea Cups on our way to the Speedway...depends on how we feel :)

OEz9.gif

Next fastpass is Buzz Lightyear at 11 am. Where I am going to win. By a lot.

tenor.gif

Well, maybe. :) Probably also gonna grab a ride on the Peoplemover (cause you have to, basically) and maybe the Carousel of Progress 'cause I've never ridden it and that kind of feels like a Disney crime and I don't want to go to Disney jail.

QwEA.gif

Mostly just enjoying ourselves until lunch! We have a 12:15 ADR at Be Our Guest!

score%20gif.gif

I'm very excited. I love Be Our Guest, despite all the haters. The theming is AMAZING. Honestly one of my favorite parts is the gorgeous instrumental music they play of the Beauty and the Beast songs, including the songs from the Broadway show ("If I Can't Love Her" is fantastic) and they've only released one track ("Be Our Guest") and I can't get a hold of the actual loop for nothing. The purported loop of the music on youtube is a LIE.

lie-gif.gif

All of that to say we are definitely sitting in the Ballroom this time so I can listen to that loop. :)

tenor.gif

After lunch, I don't really have a set plan. We have a fastpass for Haunted Mansion at 12:30, but after that it's pretty open. If we weren't able to see Muppets Present or the Festival of Fantasy parade on Sunday I want to see those, but mostly I want to play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. :) And maybe interspersed there ride It's a Small World or Mickey's Philharmagic or Dumbo or Barnstormer or Monster's Inc Laugh Floor...again, whatever floats our boat. Or when we need some air conditioning relief from playing Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-25439-1431341539-5.gif

However, eventually the Magic Kingdom will close. Boo. :( It's a MNSSHP night, so at 6 pm the park closes. BUT IT'S OK cause we have epic plans for the night.

We're going to grab the monorail

tumblr_oxmy7duLc61ske259o1_500.gif

and head over to the Grand Floridian, for an epic birthday dinner at

images

I'm super excited! Can't wait to eat here. We're not exactly "foodies", but we're always up for good food and a novel experience, and all the reviews here are so fantastic. And if nothing else, it'll be an awesome experience. :)

giphy.gif

Afterwards, we roll back to the Boardwalk! A busy, but at the same time, pretty low key day--just whatever we want to do. :)

Your plans sound good!
We aren't foodies...our favorite restaurants are like The Plaza and 50's Prime Time diner...lol
We are going to the Frozen Dessert party at Epcot one night now that they finally opened upfor reservations.

I made our FP's and got everything we wanted. I am so excited! 53 days til our epic wdw adventure!
I can only imagine how excited you must be....one more month! :tigger:

Your plans sound good!
We aren't foodies...our favorite restaurants are like The Plaza and 50's Prime Time diner...lol
We are going to the Frozen Dessert party at Epcot one night now that they finally opened upfor reservations.

I made our FP's and got everything we wanted. I am so excited! 53 days til our epic wdw adventure!
I can only imagine how excited you must be....one more month! :tigger:

Thanks! Hey, The Plaza sounds awesome--those unlimited milkshakes...yum :)

Oooh, you'll have to let me know how you like it--I was intrigued but had no idea when I'd fit it in.

YAY! Glad you got all your FPs! Isn't that a great feeling? And yes, all the excitement--can't wait! :)

You have the same birthday as my mom! Your plans sound amazing for that day - what a way to celebrate!

That's cool! I've honestly only met one or two other people with a Sept 18th birthday--we must just be super special ;)

Thanks--I can't wait! :)

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

So, it's another lazy morning for today, after the food feast that Victoria & Albert's will be! The plan is to head to the Animal Kingdom in the morning. No fastpasses here (we'll use them in the afternoon at Hollywood Studios), so whenever we roll in, we roll in. The one main thing I want to get done is Donald's Dino Bash! I want to meet Scrooge and Launchpad. Both Trevor and I *love* Ducktales, so the opportunity to meet them is a definite must-do.

upload_2018-8-15_11-6-22.jpeg

Otherwise, it's enjoying the ambiance and doing whatever has a short standby line. Maybe I'll do Expedition Everest single rider? Not sure--just enjoy going with the flow. :)

After our morning there, we're heading to one of our most anticipated meals: lunch at San'aa! We have a 12:30 ADR. If we're lucky we'll get a table by the window, but even if not, I'm excited because

tenor.gif

the Bread Service!! We love bread, and naan, and so a whole appetizer with 9 dipping sauces....oh gosh I can't wait. And one of the blogs reported that you could buy from the gift shop the serving instruments and a cookbook with the recipes for the naan and the sauces, and my husband has already said that's something we're getting. :) *happy sigh*

After lunch, it's over to Hollywood Studios. I'm a bit worried about the buses, but hopefully we aren't stuck waiting for too long (though there is a line item in my Disney budget for ubers if we need it....)

Bus-Gif.gif

We have an Alien Swirling Saucers fastpass at 1:30 pm. After that we have a 2:30 fastpass for Star Tours, and then at 3:30, one fastpass for Tower of Terror and one for Rockn Roller Coaster (yep, both for me again). In between, maybe Muppets 3D, or Walt Disney presents, or the Frozen Sing Along. We do definitely want to catch the Indiana Jones show after our last fastpasses, and then it's just whatever we can get--maybe Toy Story Mania, or Slinky, if we're super lucky?

After that, we're hopping over to the Polynesian. We have an 8:30 pm 'Ohana reservation, but first I really (really) want to check out Trader Sams! We don't drink, but it looks like such a fun atmosphere. I hope we're able to get in. :)

57_Effect%201.gif

Then, it's meat on sticks at 'Ohana! I've seen mixed reviews of this recently, but I'm still excited to try it. Skewers of chicken and steak and then potstickers and of course

Bread%2BPudding%2BMontage%2B%25282%2529.gif

It looks yummy! I can't wait. :) We'll be so full...........

After dinner, it's back to the Boardwalk and bed. Rolling there again, most likely. :)

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

So, it's another lazy morning for today, after the food feast that Victoria & Albert's will be! The plan is to head to the Animal Kingdom in the morning. No fastpasses here (we'll use them in the afternoon at Hollywood Studios), so whenever we roll in, we roll in. The one main thing I want to get done is Donald's Dino Bash! I want to meet Scrooge and Launchpad. Both Trevor and I *love* Ducktales, so the opportunity to meet them is a definite must-do.

Otherwise, it's enjoying the ambiance and doing whatever has a short standby line. Maybe I'll do Expedition Everest single rider? Not sure--just enjoy going with the flow. :)

After our morning there, we're heading to one of our most anticipated meals: lunch at San'aa! We have a 12:30 ADR. If we're lucky we'll get a table by the window, but even if not, I'm excited because

tenor.gif

the Bread Service!! We love bread, and naan, and so a whole appetizer with 9 dipping sauces....oh gosh I can't wait. And one of the blogs reported that you could buy from the gift shop the serving instruments and a cookbook with the recipes for the naan and the sauces, and my husband has already said that's something we're getting. :) *happy sigh*

After lunch, it's over to Hollywood Studios. I'm a bit worried about the buses, but hopefully we aren't stuck waiting for too long (though there is a line item in my Disney budget for ubers if we need it....)

Bus-Gif.gif

We have an Alien Swirling Saucers fastpass at 1:30 pm. After that we have a 2:30 fastpass for Star Tours, and then at 3:30, one fastpass for Tower of Terror and one for Rockn Roller Coaster (yep, both for me again). In between, maybe Muppets 3D, or Walt Disney presents, or the Frozen Sing Along. We do definitely want to catch the Indiana Jones show after our last fastpasses, and then it's just whatever we can get--maybe Toy Story Mania, or Slinky, if we're super lucky?

After that, we're hopping over to the Polynesian. We have an 8:30 pm 'Ohana reservation, but first I really (really) want to check out Trader Sams! We don't drink, but it looks like such a fun atmosphere. I hope we're able to get in. :)

57_Effect%201.gif

Then, it's meat on sticks at 'Ohana! I've seen mixed reviews of this recently, but I'm still excited to try it. Skewers of chicken and steak and then potstickers and of course

Bread%2BPudding%2BMontage%2B%25282%2529.gif

It looks yummy! I can't wait. :) We'll be so full...........

After dinner, it's back to the Boardwalk and bed. Rolling there again, most likely. :)

Ohana! Yum! The day I let go of our ADR for that one was a very sad day indeed. I have hopes to eat there someday, though. I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Wow! AK, San'aa, HS, and Poly all in one day!
I'm proud of myself when I make it to two different places in 1 day! :earsgirl:

Ohana! Yum! The day I let go of our ADR for that one was a very sad day indeed. I have hopes to eat there someday, though. I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Ops, that just means you have to plan another trip! :)

Wow! AK, San'aa, HS, and Poly all in one day!
I'm proud of myself when I make it to two different places in 1 day! :earsgirl:

We'll see how much we manage to get done! :) That's also why I've budgeted in money for Uber :D

We will be using Uber. I've never done it before, but my daughter uses it all the time in Las Vegas.
I especially hate the buses from Epcot when it closes. They are way too crowded and lots of drunk people!

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Well hopefully we are all are rested this morning, cause the alarm clock is gonna go off early...

tenor.gif

Why? 'cause we are doing the Marceline to the Magic Kingdom tour! I picked this one because it takes you behind the scenes at the Haunted Mansion and that's one of my favorite rides.

giphy.gif

I can't wait to do the tour--all the reviews have been positive and it's not too long, so that's a plus as well.

After the tour, we have a lunch ADR at 11:20 at The Plaza! Nothing too fancy, but those bottomless milkshakes look yummy. It just seems like a nice, low-key place to eat. :)

After lunch, we have a fastpass at noon for Jungle Cruise. Why? Cause cheesy jokes!!

SourPowerlessCarpenterant-size_restricted.gif

Then we conquer the mountains: Splash at 1 pm and Big Thunder at 2.

giphy.gif

More fun and less Nazi-ish than the above gif though! :)

After that, it's another "do whatever we feel like" afternoon, though that includes playing Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. :) Also gives us a chance to catch the parade and the Muppets Present if we haven't caught them yet.

But not for too long, because we have a 5 pm ADR at Be Our Guest! We get to try the new prix fixe menu. I'm a little bummed about it, 'cause honestly the garlic butter on the strip steak on the old menu was *amazing*.

giphy.gif

But the new menu looks good too. :)

After dinner, we rush over to the Plaza garden 'cause we have the Happily Ever After dessert party!

giphy.gif

I'm hoping for a good spot without having to camp out, and to be a bit separated from the crowds

tenor.gif

And desserts are just a plus. :)

Originally the plan was to have any early night, but then...Disney After Hours released new summer dates, including one for tonight. I was leaning against it, but mentioned it to Trevor in the spirit of full disclosure and he got really excited about it. So I bought tickets--with the AP discount it's not *too* bad a price, for two people at least. We don't really have a plan or anything; to be honest

giphy.gif

Just enjoy the ambiance of the park without too many crowds and ride whatever strikes our fancy. :) A nice lovely way to bid good bye to the Magic Kingdom.

giphy.gif

And then Uber back to the Boardwalk 'cause the bus situation according to recent reviews is HORRID. Like, 45 minute waits for buses horrid.

tenor.gif

A VERY long day, but hopefully a nice one. :)

Last edited:
We will be using Uber. I've never done it before, but my daughter uses it all the time in Las Vegas.
I especially hate the buses from Epcot when it closes. They are way too crowded and lots of drunk people!

I've used it a couple times--not a lot, but enough to be semi-comfortable with it. The biggest tip I've picked up about Disney is that if you want to Uber to the Magic Kingdom, they will take you to the TTC, but you can ask them to take you to the Contemporary and then you can walk over to the MK without going through the TTC. :)

Friday, September 21, 2018

Aw, our last full day at DisneyWorld.

giphy.gif

We'll console ourselves by sleeping in a bit, and at 9 am, we have a breakfast ADR at Trattoria al Forno--the Bon Voyage Character Breakfast! It's right there on the Boardwalk so we won't have to travel far. And the food looks yummy and we get to meet Rapunzel and Flynn and Ariel and Eric! I'm excited. :) I'm usually super awkward around characters

tenor.gif

but this time I'm coming prepared! I have things for them to sign, including a mini cast iron skillet for Rapunzel and Flynn. Hopefully that gives us something to talk about for a fun interaction, rather than just kind of awkward. And even if it is kind of awkward, yummy food!

200.gif

After breakfast, we'll mosey on over to Epcot through the International Gateway. We have a 10:20 fastpass for Frozen, 11:20 for Mission Space, and 12:20 of Spaceship Earth. Might meander through Taste Track or the Festival Center in between fastpasses; we'll see. :)

But after fastpasses, it's Food and Wine Booths for the rest of the afternoon!

source.gif

All the food! We've planned out which of the dishes we want to try, but well see how much our bellies can handle. :)

Around 4 or 5, we'll head over to Hollywood Studios. We'll ride whatever we are able to get a fastpass for, but the big plan is our dinner reservation: 6:30 pm at the Hollywood Brown Derby.

NbWs.gif

This was our very first table service meal when we went to DisneyWorld for the first time two years ago, and we loved it. Especially the butter with the pink salt! So Trevor was insistent that we go back. And I didn't fight him. :)

After dinner, we should be able to snag a good spot for the fireworks just outside the Brown Derby. I thought about booking the dessert party but we don't drink, and the price seemed a bit high for not drinking and just coming from dinner. So....not doing that. But I'm hopeful we'll get a good spot for the fireworks: Trevor is such a huge Star Wars fan that I really want to make sure he has a good spot to see them. But I'm sure we'll be ok.

crossing-fingers-gif.gif

After the fireworks, back to the Boardwalk! Of course if they change the hours of Hollywood Studios to close later, we may hang around and experience Toy Story Land at night. We'll see. :) Otherwise, just enjoying the nighttime atmosphere on the Boardwalk.

Saturday, Sept 22, 2018
Our last day at Disney! :(
Depths-of-Despair.gif

Hahahahaha depths of despair maybe, but there will still be plenty of eating! :)

The day will start with packing up everything and dropping it off at Bell Services. Then we head over to Hollywood Studios! We have fastpasses at 9 am for Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster, then at 10, Slinky Dog Dash. At 11, we have Star Tours. Gotta get one last ride in on Star Tours! Whee!!

giphy.gif

After the rides, I think we'll head over to Epcot, for one last chance at the Food and Wine festival booths--try anything we haven't yet or a second try at some favorites.

LittleQuerulousHornedviper-max-1mb%20%281%29.gif

We also have a 1:50 pm ADR at Beaches and Cream, but not sure if we'll actually make that or not. And not sure if that will be food, or just dessert if we do make it...it all depends!

giphy.gif

Either way, we will be full and happy.

But then the sadness...Our flight takes off at 6:45, so we'll probably get picked up from the Boardwalk at 3:45.

giphy.gif

Oh well! But I'll have an AP by then so I'm sure I'll be back....

img-982799-1-tumblr_ltilh3Z9WQ1r4lm9lo1_r1_500.gif

But anyways, we should get home around 9 or 9:30 pm, and then we have all day Sunday to relax and recover before heading back to work on Monday. (boo work).

And that brings the trip to an end! We'll see how much we actually get done, and how much we actually end up eating! :)

Your plans sound fantastic! Staying at the Boardwalk will be so fun, right between HS and Epcot.
Definitely on our TO DO list. Our very long TO DO list...ha!
You will be boarding the plane before you know it! I can't wait to hear all about your wonderful vacation
when you get home.

Your plans sound fantastic! Staying at the Boardwalk will be so fun, right between HS and Epcot.
Definitely on our TO DO list. Our very long TO DO list...ha!
You will be boarding the plane before you know it! I can't wait to hear all about your wonderful vacation
when you get home.

Thanks! Hey, it's always good to have a TO DO list--just means you have to come back! :)

Epic Mail Day!

Look what came in the mail today!

IMG_5031.JPG

Which is exciting enough...but that wasn't all! The magic bands shipped Friday and arrived this morning--they've never gotten here so quickly before. I was prepared for a week or two of waiting and them being stuck somewhere in Florida but man, they moved quick!

IMG_5049.JPG

Notice the names--paying tribute to our favorite Star Wars characters Han and Leia :)
But the regular bands are boring...had to decal them up!

First my band:

IMG_5050.JPG
IMG_5051.JPG

Then Trevor's:

IMG_5052.JPG

IMG_5053.JPG

IMG_5054.JPG

Only 25 more days!!

Getting the Magic bands is Soooo.. exciting!
I love your decals. I kept meaning to order some, but somehow kept forgetting!

We are getting so close!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter