Update on needed blood draws

joshsmom

DIS Veteran
Hi all--just a note to thank everyone for the information regarding having blood draws. I wrote to Disney info and this was the answer I got (I was THRILLED!):

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

First Aid centers are located within each of our four theme parks and are open during regular park operating hours. The registered nurses who staff these locations are able to provide minor medical assistance and recommendations only.

Centra Care Walk-In Medical Care is available for non-emergency guest needs from 8 a.m. - 12 midnight, Monday through Friday, and 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday. There are five locations in the Central Florida area, complimentary transportation is available, and most insurance plans are accepted. For additional information, please call 407-239-6463.

For non-emergencies, Florida Hospital Centra Care In-Room delivers quality in-room medical care 24-hours daily. For appointments, call 407-238-2000.

For emergency dental services, call Celebration Dental Group at (407) 566-2222.
Additional medical assistance is available at Florida Hospital Celebration (407)
303-4000). Sand Lake Hospital is also located very near the Walt Disney World®
Resort complex. For additional information or assistance, please call
407-351-8500.
As for pharmacies, Turner Drugs is located at 12500 Apopka-Vineland Road (SR
535) in Lake Buena Vista, adjacent to the entrance to the Downtown Disney® area.
Delivery is available to Front Desk locations in the Disney resort hotels for a
$5 fee (charged to your room account). For more information, please call
407-828-8125.

The nearest 24-hour pharmacy is Walgreen Pharmacy, located at 1003 West Vine
Street in the town of Kissimmee (very near the Walt Disney World® Resort). This
pharmacy may be reached by calling 407-239-4182.

Guests may also contact Ask-a-Nurse at (407) 897-1700. This free health
information and physician referral telephone service, provided by Florida
Hospital, is staffed by registered nurses 24 hours a day.

Should an emergency arise at any time while visiting our resort, please do not
hesitate to request the help of any cast member, or call 911 for assistance.

Depending on your package, there might be a change fee for modification of your
package. Please contact the Walt Disney Travel Company at 407-828-8101 for
additional information.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

Thank you!

I was thrilled--especially about the "complimentary transportation"!!!!

Mickey here we come!

I think this is very useful information, as well as a good response from Disney. I'm glad they, as well as we, were able to assist you.

I noticed that the address for the drug store is the same as the phone book shows for the Centra Care location. The phone number I had posted earlier is what is shown as the number for that location; the number shown on the Disney response is not in the phone book.

One problem we find with Disney is sometimes there is a lack of communication between their offices, I would suggest that when you go you take a (or more than one) hard copy of the response, including the name of th person who sent it. When you check in at your hotel find out EXACTLY what you have to do to get the complimentary transportation, especially for your return. (And be sure to get the name and position of the person you work with.)

I would also suggest contacting Centra Care in advance concerning their procedures related to your needs; you might need to get something in writing from your doctor as to what procedures should be followed and what results are being looked for.

I don't know why you need a blood draw but my DSIL needed to have his Pro time checked for his Coumadin and Centra care would not do it. Even with his MD RX. They told him to go to the ER at Florida Hospital. Not wanting to spend at lot of time at an ER he made the decision to wait until he got home. (Not the decision I would have made but he is an adult).I used Centra CAre for an infection and they were great. Their shuttle picked me up at OKW and brought me back. We did tip the drivers.

Thanks. DS has to have blood draws every other day to make sure the new kidney is functioning properly. I gave the info to his doctor and Renal nurse. They are going to contact Centra for me. Guess I'll find out REAL soon, whether or not they will take us. Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter