[Update 19/04] Dreams - California Grill - Meal and show

Thank you :blush:

I'm a bit too distracted by the sadist design Mountain Bike course in the Olympics at the moment... :rolleyes1

But I would LOVE A review from someone in this thread :teeth:
Pwetty pwease
With a cherry on top!

I do realise there are many top restaurants in Paris but I do only actually see my DBF every few months (long distance :sad1: ) so we won't have time for any of that.
So...
The "magic" aspect is tempting...as described in the other thread....given it's our anniversary. So I guess I'm wondering if the food is good AND the magic is there...AND it will still work out with October hours???
:scratchin

Queenie

We (I!) was considering booking this for our wedding anniversary in November when it first came out. But at the time we didn't know if it would still be available as official word was it was only until end Sept. But as the other VIP meals have been extended, this one may be.

Two things are now putting me off though - the meal really honestly doesn't appeal (I am allergic to shellfish so the surf & turf would be out which is a shame!). For that price, it just doesn't cut it for me. In addition, I have seen a photo from the Founders Club and there is just no way you'd get the full effect being way back there.

I do think the whole atmosphere and the night sounds lovely but I would just worry I'd feel a bit cheated by the Dreams show. And having seen it up reasonably close, I would compare it I'm sure.

Having said that, if it is on in November, I probably will review, especially once we know times better. I know people mentioned you couldn't have a full night with an early Dreams show. But they could do it in reverse - have pre dinner drinks in FC while watching Dreams, then have dinner & cocktails afterwards to make the night last?!

I think, now that they have extended the menu at Walts, we might end up doing that one again like we did in June. Doing that, we would take the children and my parents along too. We wouldn't do this at CG.

Yes having slept on it I don't think I can justify the cost especially having seen the 'view' in photos. I think Walts of Blue Lagoon would be equally good, and being in front of the Castle is ALWAYS the best... and if DBF would like to go to CG I think we'll just see what's on the menu and go with ordering off it.
I don't have allergies to concern me...it just doesn't appeal enough for that price.
But I'll keep an open mind and watch for any menu changes etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter