UP refurbishment?

yorkieteacher

DIS Veteran
I just read on another news site that UP was closing just before we are in AK on September 10-we are disappointed because we love the characters from UP. I hope Russell and Dug are still going to be meeting somewhere, and Kevin will still be wandering around Discovery Island-anyone know?

We have not been able to verify [with Disney] why the show is temporarily closing even though their site shows no operating hours from September 8-21. Hopefully, the characters stay and that would be so cool if we ever saw Carl out to meet and greet!!

We have not been able to verify [with Disney] why the show is temporarily closing even though their site shows no operating hours from September 8-21. Hopefully, the characters stay and that would be so cool if we ever saw Carl out to meet and greet!!
According to several other sources it should reopen September 15th. I don’t see why the characters wouldn’t stay out during the refurb as they are in two different areas.

Wait...there was an UP show? Is that the bird show or something else? We were waiting in the theater for that to start and read some (bad) online reviews - decided to catch a ride on Kali River before the line got long instead. I guess that shows why they want to refurbish it. I know there is (was) a character M&G closer to the entrance of the park - that was cute and worth the time.

Considering this has gone down for rework twice in less than 2 years, I wonder if they are starting to reconsider the idea that IP makes everything better. I've had no interest in going to the show since the change.

Wait...there was an UP show? Is that the bird show or something else? We were waiting in the theater for that to start and read some (bad) online reviews - decided to catch a ride on Kali River before the line got long instead. I guess that shows why they want to refurbish it. I know there is (was) a character M&G closer to the entrance of the park - that was cute and worth the time.
I wasn't a fan of the show at all.

If this is the bird UP show you are all talking about, it was not worth going to. A big downgrade from the former show, Flights of Wonder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter