Unwanted attention from the rainbow Magic Band on a child?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because rainbows have been chosen to be a symbol for that community doesn't mean that it's somehow exclusive. No more so than apple choosing an apple as their logo means that the only thing anyone connects with an apple in their mind is apple computers and apple owns the apple. Wearing specifically the apple company logo would obviously be saying you like apple computers but just wearing anything apple related would not. Same thing here i would think, the magic band doesn't say pride or LGBTQ etc on it. So it's just a pretty thing he likes, it has no meaning if you don't want it to have that meaning. I do not think anyone would say anything but on the off chance they did I think my response would be something along the lines of "it's just a rainbow, moron." even if you personally are wearing it as a pride item, i would still say that, just because people that assume things annoy the crap out of me.

Rainbows belong to everyone, after all they are a beautiful natural phenomenon.
Not wanting to offend anyone, but, Christians, get over yourselves, your myth about the rainbow involves genocide, so the LGBTQ use of it as a symbol is much, much nicer. So, to the OP let your son wear the rainbow band and always be there for him, that's what is most important and just remember, kids know more about things than they ever let on to their parents.

Why are you singling out christians specifically? Are they the only group or religion that has ever had any issue with LGBTQ things?
I am not aware of any christians that lay claim to rainbows as a symbol of theirs, nor any that think particularly hard about it's connection to the flood story, most probably forget that is even a thing until they come across something about it and think about it. If there are any, they're a minority.
Genocide is not the correct word, but yes a lot of people die in that story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!