Unused days on non-expiring hoppers bought in 2004, or 2005

LuvTinkBell

Mouseketeer
Hi!

We bought non-expiring hopper tickets for myself, husband, and two daughters. We have two days left on them. In 2006... we had a baby boy!

Fast forward to now.... I have 2 adult tickets, and 2 kid tickets and my kiddos are now 20, 17, and 12.

We will be visiting early 2020, minus one daughter.

1. Am I able to use her ticket for my son (he was free last time we went so never purchased for him)? I feel like at a park or two the kids used their fingerprint along with the plastic ticket to enter the park. No one else recalls this though....I don't know if they are linked by name, or fingerprint, or if he can use hers being he wasn't even born when we bought it!

2. Upon arrival I should visit Guest Relations and upgrade from children's tix to adult and there should not be a charge for that (according to a call I made a few years back when we were thinking of going).

It's been 10 years since we went but that's what happens when your airline goes under and you no longer fly free! Any tips on FP or the new Magic Bands for us?

Thank you!

Tickets, as previous poster mentioned, aren't allowed to be transferred......if your daughter ever joins you on a trip again, she should be able to use the last two days. It's exciting you're going back to Disney after a long break! I hope you all have a great time:)

Since the tickets are from before your son was born, it’s unlikely they would allow him to use the remaining days.

But I wanted to ask ... are you only planning a 2-day visit? Those tickets cannot be upgraded or days added. If you are going for a week, I would just buy new tickets now for what you need. Get the old ones converted to RFID so you can add them to MDE and use them in the future for a short visit. You won’t be able to make FP+ until the tickets are set in your MDE account.

Enjoy your vacation!

Hi!

We bought non-expiring hopper tickets for myself, husband, and two daughters. We have two days left on them. In 2006... we had a baby boy!

Fast forward to now.... I have 2 adult tickets, and 2 kid tickets and my kiddos are now 20, 17, and 12.

We will be visiting early 2020, minus one daughter.

1. Am I able to use her ticket for my son (he was free last time we went so never purchased for him)? I feel like at a park or two the kids used their fingerprint along with the plastic ticket to enter the park. No one else recalls this though....I don't know if they are linked by name, or fingerprint, or if he can use hers being he wasn't even born when we bought it!

2. Upon arrival I should visit Guest Relations and upgrade from children's tix to adult and there should not be a charge for that (according to a call I made a few years back when we were thinking of going).

It's been 10 years since we went but that's what happens when your airline goes under and you no longer fly free! Any tips on FP or the new Magic Bands for us?

Thank you!

Your second scenario is the way to go. We did the same thing last fall, "child" w/non expiring tickets was now 12 years old. it was no problem, no charge, and only took a minute to do. (although the line was long at Disney springs guest services).

Good luck and have a great trip!

. You won’t be able to make FP+ until the tickets are set in your MDE account.

This was our situation as well. When I called Disney to see if there was a way around it, they were able to put a "FP+ Only" ticket onto my MDE, and I was then able to book fastpasses for my grandson.

Thank you!

We had the same scenario but several years ago. We had the old paper hopper tickets that did not expire from many years back from I think undercover tourist at the time. Anyway, we went after my son turned the magic age to be an adult and we went straight to guest services at the park entrance. They converted it to adult ticket and we DID have to pay the difference, but it was nominal a the time. So, a little conflicting info for you. However, my son is 21, so this was a long time ago------guessing he was 12 or 10 or something at the time----it's been a while but we did do that. Tickets were not as pricey as they are now!

They converted it to adult ticket and we DID have to pay the difference, but it was nominal a the time.

Had your ticket been used? An older unused ticket would need to be “upgraded” from child to adult.

A partially used no-expire ticket that has some remaining unexpired entitlements should “grow up” with the former-child-now-adult with no additional charge.

Enjoy your vacation!

My mom and I had paper park hopper tickets from 1991 and 1992 that had 2 days and 1 day respectively still on them. I was 8/9 when we used them last, and in 2017, my child ticket was transferred over to me as an adult by guest services at no charge. One of my best WDW trips. However, as others have mentioned, we couldn't make FP reservations until we transferred the Tix at guest services.

Yes, we had used the ticket when he was a child and he had three days or so left. So they converted it to an adult ticket and we paid the difference. But years ago....so you can probably ignore what I say.like I said he's 21 now.....same age as yours about.

Thank ypu, we are having a blast!
Had your ticket been used? An older unused ticket would need to be “upgraded” from child to adult.

A partially used no-expire ticket that has some remaining unexpired entitlements should “grow up” with the former-child-now-adult with no additional charge.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter