Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

This morning I lifted weights and afterwards I had a really hard time lifting my arms high enough to put shampoo in my hair.

So that's how I'm doing.
I can relate. And some days, unfortunately, even WITHOUT lifting the weights first!

:wave2:

I started to update our hurricane supplies for just in case plus we would had bought this anyway...I did have today with Publix/Instacart. I wanted to make sure we have some more water (our supply is a bit old at 6 months), some heart healthy stuff, and a Pub sub half for me. We just need to get pb, more fruit/veggies, and a couple of other stuff. I made sure that we get bread for the freezer because last year's storms had bread limited for weeks (beach evacuees stayed on our side of I-95).

We just have to bring in chairs later in the week. If we get have the storm Thursday and Friday..dh can work from home if internet/power works (his building might closeif its bad).

:wave2:

I started to update our hurricane supplies for just in case plus we would had bought this anyway...I did have today with Publix/Instacart. I wanted to make sure we have some more water (our supply is a bit old at 6 months), some heart healthy stuff, and a Pub sub half for me. We just need to get pb, more fruit/veggies, and a couple of other stuff. I made sure that we get bread for the freezer because last year's storms had bread limited for weeks (beach evacuees stayed on our side of I-95).

We just have to bring in chairs later in the week. If we get have the storm Thursday and Friday..dh can work from home if internet/power works (his building might closeif its bad).
Hope you all stay safe (and all those important to you!)

Okay - very excited to hear Uniqlo opened a store at a mall near me (and a smaller, less frenetic mall than another monster nearby, until this one opens a Sttew Leonard's Dairy Store and a movie theater in the near future) :(. Now - have to keep my fingers crossed they have cool, cheap, Disney t's like I always see on people's vlogs of the one at Disney Springs - especially the Sorcerer one I've been CRAVING for over a year since I saw it, that they NEVER have in stock in my size!!!! Going to hopefully get there this week, have to go to LensCrafters in mall for new lenses for my eyeglasses, might as well make the trip a little more funner. (sic). :)

Last edited:

Sad day today. In 1 hour the vet comes over to put our last 20 year old cat to sleep. Her sister left us almost 2 months ago. Been a real rough summer.

Sad day today. In 1 hour the vet comes over to put our last 20 year old cat to sleep. Her sister left us almost 2 months ago. Been a real rough summer.
@Doug M - I am so very sorry for your losses. I will tell all of my beloved fur babies who have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge to share their toys and treats with your babies, and show them around.

I know what you mean - I lost 2 littlermates (13 year old Cockers) that I used to take care of within the last year. Never easy. Hugs!!

@Doug M - I am so very sorry for your losses. I will tell all of my beloved fur babies who have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge to share their toys and treats with your babies, and show them around. Never easy. Hugs!!
It's been rough for sure. On Sunday we visited the local humane society to find a new kitten to adopt and found out they dont hold them for you, so we came home with a new kitten to love. We had not intended to bring a new member of the family home until this coming weekend. It brings back great memories of our two cats throughout their lives.

I'm so sorry. That is rough. Enjoy the new kitty.

I survived teaching my first musical theater class at my kid's co-op. Great class.

I am so sorry for your loss. We had a neighborhood cat that loved seeing us outside and would bring us "gifts". She was abandon by her former owners and we tried to get a rescue group to help after trying get help from the animal control. She could sense where she could rub against me and not make me react (cat allergy has worsen over the years). She hung out with me in the last hours of our late lab mix dog and was there to meet our current dog. Unfortunately, she was hit by a car along a busy road and the new owner of her original home took care of her final resting spot.

I just had look over at my dog and she stuck her tongue out at me. She is getting little sassy tonight. Our dog has decided that rocket is a bad word to her because she hates the latest Mc Donald's Snoopy Happy Meal toy collab with NASA...the rocket booster toy. She runs to hide at the mention of rocket toy. I was trying to desensitize her to the word through repeating the word in various ways and stopped to watch some DIS youtube. Guess which one we watch last night.....and she gave me a look that seems to tell me that I was a mean "mommy". :rolleyes1

I had a chance to attend Symphony in the Park tonight. I completely forgot how much I adore classical music. Also didn't help I was choreographing to pretty much every piece in my head. :lmao: Now I need to go to the ballet and opera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!