Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

My dad would tell me stories about how mean he and his brothers were to each other. Thankfully they seem to have matured for the most part, only took them about 50 years! :lmao: I know the boys will outgrow it, but I felt so bad for my youngest. He just wants to be a big boy.
Awww - hugs!!!

We are finishing up storm prep (got upgraded over night to Tropical Storm Warning..plus there is a flood watch).
Dh is tying up objects and stuff outside (wind has been increasing since last night -currently a good breeze and extremely humid). We got to finish dishes and do a load of his laundry. I might do cookies later if there is time..we ate our "emergency" chocolate too soon and some of the snacks..those darn Cheetos (his picks).

I hope the dog is good at timing her potty breaks during the worse of storm tonight/tomorrow. She has been a bit nervous the past couple of days.
Stay safe!!

:dogdance: The dog likes the light wind gusts until the it changed from no rain/sprinkles to light rain shower. She was leaping around and running in circles for awhile and I was struggling to avoid the fire ants. I think the wind whistled a few minutes at 930pm and just now for not a minute. Florence just downgraded...hoping for a good night with power (dh uses cpap). Dh saw crews out this morning cutting branches that were too close to the power lines. We are eating hot foods while we can. The closest McDonald's shut down at 7pm and I think several grocery chain closed too except for Publix (they are closing up 5pm Friday unless weather demands earlier).

I had to get Big Brother show live updates from Jokers today since local channels are focusing on Florence. We could not get the digital OTA version to see it live and I'm not doing CBS paid online service yet. I'm not sure if we can see it tomorrow on Poptv if we loose power and if it is replayed before BBAD.

Still got power today (watching Poptv Big Brother from Thursday)...loosing it for a few minutes during heavy gusts. We are still getting a lot of wind and rain plus more tomorrow. We are eating hot meals while we can. The dog is handling things okay even when I had her on my lap in the hallway when it seem like a tornado might be in our direction (lucky it disappeared fast).

Still got power today (watching Poptv Big Brother from Thursday)...loosing it for a few minutes during heavy gusts. We are still getting a lot of wind and rain plus more tomorrow. We are eating hot meals while we can. The dog is handling things okay even when I had her on my lap in the hallway when it seem like a tornado might be in our direction (lucky it disappeared fast).
Who do you want to win Big Brother? I say Tyler has DEFINITELY had the best gameplay overall, both stategy and social game, the entire game. I've liked and picked him since the beginning). I also like Kaycee, but I feel she was a floater for way too long.

Dh just back a little while ago from his little adventure. We figured that it was safe for him to go to Mickey D's and to one of the few grocery stores that was opened since it is the same route that our postal carrier uses to deliver us our mail every day this week. He was having cabin fever and really craving ice cream (I limited frozen items and fresh meat on our last regular grocery shop). We are lucky that we had power during this weather event. We lost power a lot in August regular storms so I guess the worse of the branches/hazards were already gone.

Who do you want to win Big Brother? I say Tyler has DEFINITELY had the best gameplay overall, both stategy and social game, the entire game. I've liked and picked him since the beginning). I also like Kaycee, but I feel she was a floater for way too long.
I think the jury will be too bitter for Tyler and for Angela if they are f2 with Kaycee or Sam. Kaycee would be the best of this group since she is the least fake with Sam. I think production needs to be changed up if there is a future. JC should had been removed early in the game.

I think the jury will be too bitter for Tyler and for Angela if they are f2 with Kaycee or Sam. Kaycee would be the best of this group since she is the least fake with Sam. I think production needs to be changed up if there is a future. JC should had been removed early in the game.
We'll see. Yeah, never really card for JC, and he was DEFINITELY a floater, BIG TIME.

It is going to be very interesting game this week...if the spoiler that I just found is true....

Dh just back a little while ago from his little adventure. We figured that it was safe for him to go to Mickey D's and to one of the few grocery stores that was opened since it is the same route that our postal carrier uses to deliver us our mail every day this week. He was having cabin fever and really craving ice cream (I limited frozen items and fresh meat on our last regular grocery shop). We are lucky that we had power during this weather event. We lost power a lot in August regular storms so I guess the worse of the branches/hazards were already gone.
Glad to know you guys came through okay!

This week was my dog's birthday. She is now 2!!!! :cake: I went to the pet store and bought her a special cookie. She also got a toy that she killed within 30 mins. I love this puppy!!!!

This week was my dog's birthday. She is now 2!!!! :cake: I went to the pet store and bought her a special cookie. She also got a toy that she killed within 30 mins. I love this puppy!!!!
I remember when you got that pup. Our girl is going to be 2 on Veteran's Day. We had good luck with toys from Amazon like the Outward Hound Invincible Snake Stuffingless Plush Dog Toy, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003RQL77Y/ref=twister_B07B4F5RPF?_encoding=UTF8&th=1 and some from Kong .Okay. the squeaker teddy with rope interior from Kong is her favorite despite the defluffing/chewed off of one the legs (she snuggles with it a lot on the sofa). https://www.amazon.com/KONG-Knots-S...1537592505&sr=1-4&keywords=kong+squeaker+toys

We used toys from our late lab that seems to last maybe 10 years plus (after she stopped chewing on our stuff and wood trim). This brand lasted us maybe 12 years between 2 dogs (it was our late lab's favorite) https://www.amazon.com/JW-Pet-Compa...UTF8&qid=1537592635&sr=1-13&keywords=ring+toy .

I remember when you got that pup. Our girl is going to be 2 on Veteran's Day. We had good luck with toys from Amazon like the Outward Hound Invincible Snake Stuffingless Plush Dog Toy, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003RQL77Y/ref=twister_B07B4F5RPF?_encoding=UTF8&th=1 and some from Kong .Okay. the squeaker teddy with rope interior from Kong is her favorite despite the defluffing/chewed off of one the legs (she snuggles with it a lot on the sofa). https://www.amazon.com/KONG-Knots-S...1537592505&sr=1-4&keywords=kong+squeaker+toys

We used toys from our late lab that seems to last maybe 10 years plus (after she stopped chewing on our stuff and wood trim). This brand lasted us maybe 12 years between 2 dogs (it was our late lab's favorite) https://www.amazon.com/JW-Pet-Compa...UTF8&qid=1537592635&sr=1-13&keywords=ring+toy .
Early happy birthday kisses to your Oreo too, @NC Belle ! :) :dogdance:

Guess you're still dong okay since Florence?

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who did that! My newish boy turned two (we think) in August and I have a dog bakery I’m town so got him a pup cake. Only let him have a quarter at a time - he’s only 13 lbs. :)

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who did that! My newish boy turned two (we think) in August and I have a dog bakery I’m town so got him a pup cake. Only let him have a quarter at a time - he’s only 13 lbs. :)
Mine is about that size, but inhales everything. She jumps around so much weight doesn't stay. :lmao: She is so much like my boys. I let her know everyone wished her a happy birthday. She was so happy party:

Hugs and kisses to your fur baby from me, @Aerin75, and belated happy birthday! :) :dogdance:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!