Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Anyone has tips in figuring out moving boxes? We are going to get rid a lot of items soon so its mostly half of the kitchen items, master bedroom (2 other rooms are guest rooms), and the living room. We are looking rent soon (will have a better location to move in the next couple of weeks).
My go to are paper boxes from the office; they are the right size (I had them filled with books, and they weren't to heavy), and since they are the same size they stack really well. I'm having a harder time snagging them these days though. If you have to buy, bankers boxes or UHaul which will get you that same size idea. I've done the bankers boxes when I was going through paperwork that had been buried.
On the various sized yet free front, you could ask at Walgreens or even grocery stores for boxes.
That may not have been what you were looking for. :)

My go to are paper boxes from the office; they are the right size (I had them filled with books, and they weren't to heavy), and since they are the same size they stack really well. I'm having a harder time snagging them these days though. If you have to buy, bankers boxes or UHaul which will get you that same size idea. I've done the bankers boxes when I was going through paperwork that had been buried.
On the various sized yet free front, you could ask at Walgreens or even grocery stores for boxes.
That may not have been what you were looking for. :)
This helped a lot. I wished that we could had BIL's moving boxes from his family's move last month (they only moved 10 minutes from their old house...to downsize yard work). I have some Amazon money that would help in the supplies.

I have joked around that we need to move fast before MIL comes back from her latest international adventures. :p She sent us too much stuff in this house...from a moving truck full of stuff in our first year of this house to a least loading up any available space in the car when we drive up to visit.

We had been having odd DSL issues which was once in awhile until this past 5 weeks. We had 2 or 3 techs that came by to investigate, but not much success. The latest chat had us scheduled to replace the dsl line wish us luck (it was postpone twice ...angry eyes--need dsl for dh's course study/finalize job decisions). My computer/household main laptop crashed bad last week and the dsl in not helping in fixing back to the way we liked it.

We had been having odd DSL issues which was once in awhile until this past 5 weeks. We had 2 or 3 techs that came by to investigate, but not much success. The latest chat had us scheduled to replace the dsl line wish us luck (it was postpone twice ...angry eyes--need dsl for dh's course study/finalize job decisions). My computer/household main laptop crashed bad last week and the dsl in not helping in fixing back to the way we liked it.
That's the worst! Hope it gets cleared up soon! Or else he'll be working out of a Starbucks every day....

We are happy that our dsl is fixed---storm/lightening damage to a box up the line. Dh is studying hard and plans to do his part 2 test in a week---must have it pass to get to the next phase of the hiring process.

Our dog must be feeling better since she is running fast in circles when I take her out. The cooler temps really help and hope that we don't get rain for a week since the last 3 or so weeks of rain had our grass grow fast. The yard was too wet at times to mow. I think dh will be happier with no mowing (well a good chance) for a short time. He loves the riding mower, but he likes more time to a least go to a movie more than once or twice a year.

UGH! The worst! DH and I have tickets for an event and NO ONE is available to watch the boys. I have 2 friends who are checking the schedules. The event is in 2 weeks!!!! I do not want to call my parents. They live 2 hours away. They would do it, but I feel so bad.

UGH! The worst! DH and I have tickets for an event and NO ONE is available to watch the boys. I have 2 friends who are checking the schedules. The event is in 2 weeks!!!! I do not want to call my parents. They live 2 hours away. They would do it, but I feel so bad.
So sorry, @superme80 - sure hope you find somebody!!

Thanks. Most of my friends have talked about family events coming up. They all are falling on the same night. I swear the universe is against us seeing Bill Burr!!!!:sad2:
Here's hoping you find someone! It was always the hardest to find a teenager who wasn't constantly busy with other things, and my parents were out of town too. I "lived" on babysitting money when I was a teenager....

Just realized today how a new listener might be horrified at the sign off "Stay out of the damn lakes" if all they know about them is the alligator tragedy.

Just realized today how a new listener might be horrified at the sign off "Stay out of the damn lakes" if all they know about them is the alligator tragedy.
Hey - as long as they STAY OUT (regardless of the reason), they'll be fine. I'm sure going IN can have potentially MORE horrifying side effects. Besides which - if the signs say "Stay Out", it amazes me how many would arrogantly read this to mean "I MUST challenge what I'm told". :confused3

Hey y'all! I've been absent for quite awhile. Thought I would stick my head in and say hello! Life has been busy but amazing! Had an incredible Disney wedding in April and now we are expecting a baby boy in less than 4 weeks! And it still amazes me that it all started with The DIS! :)

Hope everything is going great for each of you!

Hey y'all! I've been absent for quite awhile. Thought I would stick my head in and say hello! Life has been busy but amazing! Had an incredible Disney wedding in April and now we are expecting a baby boy in less than 4 weeks! And it still amazes me that it all started with The DIS! :)

@bamacmac - Oh my gosh - how absolutely wonderful for you! Congrats on the expected bundle of joy, and on finding your soulmate!! You look positively radiant in that picture, and you guys look great together. Definitely miss you around here, but can certainly understand you've got so much wonderful stuff going on! Hugs!!!

Excited for you guys!

Congrats!
pixiedust:
So, are you fully stocked with the Roll Tide baby gear?

Last edited:

Congratulations! You make a beautiful bride. :)

Great to see you! omgosh! 4 weeks... I want to see pics. :) :cloud9:

Congrats !!! Thanks for the update. Good luck with the baby!

Congrats!!!! Praying for a quick and safe delivery and recovery!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!