Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Anyone else get anxiety helping family and friends with trips but not when planning your own trips? In 2018, three siblings are doing Disney, the first went off perfectly and they had a completely magical time. Today I have another family, with completely different priorities and travel style, this one little girls on their first Disney trip to Disneyland, little girls who live, eat and chatter about princesses. They planned several things based on my recommendations, and holy bananas as I was driving to work today along the snowy roads I was so nervous as I watched the car radio tick down to rope drop. They have a daily plan, with a handful of must dos and plenty of time to wander and explore, fun things to do in line, a hotel that's perfect for resort breaks for little ones but...ugh, you never know.
I will be checking the app all day. I am going to age 5 years from stress before this week is over. :sad2: I do not envy travel agents.
For sure, @disneyland_is_magic, I can empathize - BIG hugs! I have such a wish to make everything "perfect" for others, and to feel like a total and complete failure if they're not, all tied up with my self esteem. I know that's self defeating, and stupid, and causes me much anxiety, and I'd seriously support/try to soothe anybody else who felt that way/expressed those thoughts, but I never listen to myself! LOL. I even stress much more when others travel with me than when I'm by myself - again - want everything to be perfect. Even things I can't control, like late buses, crowds, or even the weather. :)

So - I'll tell you what I won't listen to myself - they are truly blessed to have had you., and your help. And despite the fact that things will never be perfect, they will have a magical time, and special memories. And will hopefully lovingly and gratefully share their "thank you's", pictures., and stories upon their return.

And - oh - yeah - BREATHE! :) :hug:

I'm so very sick of snow :(
I hear ya. And even though we didn't get anything much in the way of snow in my area yesterday from Nor'Easter #3, we sure did from the other 2, and now they're talking about #4 on the horizon! :(

I hear ya. And even though we didn't get anything much in the way of snow in my area yesterday from Nor'Easter #3, we sure did from the other 2, and now they're talking about #4 on the horizon! :(

We didn't get a lot but I live in NC. I had enough snow growing up in Michigan. My birthday is on Monday and I hate snow anywhere near it. Thankfully it should melt but my kid also has no school today because of the dusting.

We didn't get a lot but I live in NC. I had enough snow growing up in Michigan. My birthday is on Monday and I hate snow anywhere near it. Thankfully it should melt but my kid also has no school today because of the dusting.
Hope it will be a happy. healthy,. magical birthday, and will be a great year to come! :bday:

Well it snowed yesterday and today it's going to be in the 60's

I have quite the migraine from the massive shift in weather. :(

The last patches of ours was gone today and we had under 1.5". Lot of wind today. News tonight is warning of more cold weather next week...but, knock on wood...no snow or ice.

Yes, thank goodness we here in NE NJ did not get much from Nor'Easter #3 the other day, and they are thankfully currently beginning to downplay #4 early next week. Fingers crossed. Have some important medical appointments coming up, and not easy to do with bad weather/public trans/mobility issues. Oh my. :)

:dogdance: :dog: :dog2:pug: :shamrock: I had to watch the replay of last night's Cinderella story in basketball.
I didn't know that my alma mater was even in the March Madness...so sorry to those whose brackets got broken. I didn't see it in the alumni e-mails.
I did almost join a sport in that school---crew, but the early morning hours needed for practice dd not work out with my class schedule and work times. It is a honors college/university. My sports credit was a summer golf classes at the range and most classes were cancelled due to weather. The school has track and field teams, baseball, swimming, softball, and of course---lacrosse.

:shamrock: Happy St. Patrick's Day! :shamrock:

I heard about the basketball game - though I usually don't watch basketball! Crazy!

I did fencing in college - that was my sport :) It was fun!

UMBCretrievers_LOGO-300x279.png

UMBC sites have been crashing a lot since last night's game. I don't lnow if I get to see tomorrow's game yet...might have to get Sling to get the right channel. The campus has grown a lot since I graduated. I don't think they have official alumni merch for the wins yet. I might have MIL buy some items for me when we move (will give her some $ for it...they charge too much for shipping). #RetrieverNation
Today's e-mail had all about the team's next game info and a link to donate at the end.
Mascot's name... True Grit... a name that was a result of a contest in the 1960s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter