Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Its from the days of when people would swim in the lakes at WDW. Florida fresh water is not exactly safe to swim in. From bad bacteria in the water to alligators. It is best people stay out of the lakes.

Literally just found the thread for Stay Out of the Damn Lakes right after I posted thsi question. Sounds like a classic Pete rant to me. Makes perfect sense!

Got a question for those flown recently....

Are there restrictions for carry on foods like candy Easter eggs like these (there might be a bet involved):
yhst-14620338735812_2268_560627

Got a question for those flown recently....

Are there restrictions for carry on foods like candy Easter eggs like these (there might be a bet involved):
yhst-14620338735812_2268_560627
Sorry, can't help you with your question......but......now I'm HANGRY!!!!

Thanx to @DisneyKevin talking about it on today's show, my DVR is SET to record Ellen tomorrow, Keala Settle is performing "This is Me" from Greatest Showman. Along with DVR, have my tissues ready, honey! :) :happytv:
Just finished watching the DVR - ESPECIALLY appreciated the "bigger girl" (who would never be thought of as " dancer type" in closed minds, but she THREW DOWN!!!!!) who was showcased in the dance routine, and allowed to finish with a proud salute with Ms. Settle. Since the whole message of "This is Me" and wanting and struggling to be accepted as a bigger person my whole life is what made/makes it resonate so deeply and personally with me, seeing this made me cry even HARDER!

I didn't add the jingle that used to play a lot this time of the year. I'm not asking him to get crab cake to go from the airport for dinner (short flight). :p

I was reading the TSA site and just saw this:
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/light-saber
Light Saber

• Carry On Bags: Yes
  • Checked Bags: Yes

Sadly, the technology doesn't currently exist to create a real lightsaber. However, you can pack a toy lightsaber in your carry-on or checked bag. May the force be with you.

One of the perks of driving besides being cheaper - I can bring back all the food I want :lol:
Lots of perks of driving but yes, being able to pack anything you want and bring back anything you want is certainly nice. No 3-ounce bottles of shampoo to deal with and no TSA agents examining every piece of candy on the way back.

It is a short solo trip for him (one of his brothers gave him a free companion ticket) to surprise their mother (she is turning 80) and the oldest brother's birthday is the day after their mom's.

I'm thinking a short trip for me somewhere later in the year...maybe somewhere magical.

He is not asking for help in his packing list. He will have access to laundry. I'm being budget friendly though...have plenty of easy meals already in the house (expensive month).

More from the TSA site:
Magic 8 Ball

• Carry On Bags: No
  • Checked Bags: Yes

For Carry-on bags: We asked the Magic 8 Ball and it told us…Outlook not so good!

For Checked bags: We asked the Magic 8 Ball and it told us…It is certain!

Lots of perks of driving but yes, being able to pack anything you want and bring back anything you want is certainly nice. No 3-ounce bottles of shampoo to deal with and no TSA agents examining every piece of candy on the way back.

It's only 9 hours so it's not a bad drive :)

Is it just me, or does anybody else think that WDW waited until Wed morning to drop the BOG signature bomb so that it’ll be a week before the podcast discusses it?

Kinda of like political bad news being dumped at 5pm on a Friday?

Is it just me, or does anybody else think that WDW waited until Wed morning to drop the BOG signature bomb so that it’ll be a week before the podcast discusses it?

Doubtful but interesting idea

Besides I'm guessing that people will be talking about it a lot for a while

17 for us but we still do it every year, sometimes twice a year.

I don't know if I'd be willing to drive that long! I still break my 9 hours up by stopping half way.

But my last trip and our next one have just been me and my daughter because my husband isn't as into Disney as us. I'm not as comfortable driving and it's a long way.

But at least this time I'll have made the drive once already. And last trip home I have myself a slight concussion (I misjudged when I closed the hatch of my SUV and brought it down on my head) but still managed to make the whole 9 hour drive.

What is BOG?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter