Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

I thought it would be fun to start a thread for daily chit chat about things going on in our lives, activities or events happening, etc. Think of this as our "DIS Unplugged coffee shop." What's everyone up to?
What a great idea! :goodvibes:woohoo::thumbsup2

I just got back from my summer vacation, and unfortunately I couldn't bring my DIS updates along with me. I really missed the show when I was gone but now when I am back at home again I have a few episodes to catch up on. :happytv:

That sure made my first commute in to work this morning much more enjoyable. :disrocks:

:tinker:

I'm in need of some cheering up.
My bff of 20 years had a baby at 31 weeks due to preeclampsia. He passed away on Friday at 8 weeks old.
I'm a RN at the hospital where he was in our NICU. I know it's irrational but I feel like we failed them. I feel responsible in some way. Logically I know it has nothing to do with me, and I knew he wasn't going to survive but that doesn't change how I feel.
I'm sitting in my car dreading going in to work in 10 minutes.
Sorry guys. I know that was a real downer, but I really could use some love and support from my fellow Dis geeks.

Skipping about half the thread, but I wanted to add my condolences. You are in my thoughts!

Happy Monday, everyone (well Tuesday for Jes). It is still blazing hot here in NJ. I'm hoping that settles down soon.

I've got nothing exciting planned until Friday when I'm working a half-day and then heading to NYC to rendezvous with Princess Jes and her DH, dinner at Carmine's, and then seeing Aladdin! This week can't go fast enough.

Happy Monday, everyone (well Tuesday for Jes). It is still blazing hot here in NJ. I'm hoping that settles down soon.

I've got nothing exciting planned until Friday when I'm working a half-day and then heading to NYC to rendezvous with Princess Jes and her DH, dinner at Carmine's, and then seeing Aladdin! This week can't go fast enough.

Looks like the weather should be a bit better as the week goes on. That's great you are getting to see Jes - and we loved Aladdin so I am sure you will enjoy it

I am sort of in the same boat - I am taking Friday off and my wife and I are heading up to the NY Finger Lake region for a few days without the kids for a big picnic at one of the wineries we are members of ... so that can't get here quick enough!

Ugh! You ever get so swamped with all you need to get done that you can't focus?? That's been me the past week. I finally made a big to do list and am crossing things off. It feels good! School is getting closer and closer too, so I've also been working on a separate list just for that!

Today I'm working on plans for the NJ DIS Meet, running errands, writing an article, and continuing to pack up my office to move everything to storage. Once that's done it'll be easier to stage my house for selling.

Ugh! You ever get so swamped with all you need to get done that you can't focus?? That's been me the past week. I finally made a big to do list and am crossing things off. It feels good! School is getting closer and closer too, so I've also been working on a separate list just for that!

Today I'm working on plans for the NJ DIS Meet, running errands, writing an article, and continuing to pack up my office to move everything to storage. Once that's done it'll be easier to stage my house for selling.

We started school two weeks ago! Extended calendar - two week fall and spring breaks - but normal calendars here started last week too. Glad you get a bit more of a summer break!

And good luck selling your place! I hear it's a seller's market, but that might only be here in the Midwest.

Feeling much better today. Monday is well Monday. Glad I'll go home to a clean apartment and a tired out dog. Puppy goes to day camp on Mondays and I love that he comes back so tired that I can have a relaxing night cuddling with him. Wish I could send him every day but it is so expensive.

@WDWRNTLK My condolences on the little baby.

Good luck crossing things off your lists!!

We started school two weeks ago! Extended calendar - two week fall and spring breaks - but normal calendars here started last week too. Glad you get a bit more of a summer break!

And good luck selling your place! I hear it's a seller's market, but that might only be here in the Midwest.

wow, my kids still have almost a month of summer break left

It has been a rough couple of days for me...fighting with prescription insurance. It helps to know that my doctor is fighting hard for me to get my medicine after being denied (I have been using this medicine now for over a year). Luckily, I get to go to the movies tonight to see Nine Lives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter