Unlock Door Service, bypass check-in??

jagson

Mouseketeer
Has anyone signed up for the service? What was your experience with it? Did you get a room at a reasonable time? Was the room what you requested?

This is the only way we do it. Wait to get the text that the room is ready and bypass ever heading to the front desk. From what I understand the room assigned to you happens a few weeks before you even get there so going to the front desk wont make a difference.

If you’re talking about online checkin, it does not guarantee that you’ll get a room ready text. I’ve gone at least once a year, usually with multiple resorts in a trip, since before this incarnation of online checkin started, and I’ve gotten that text exactly once. Every other time we’ve ended up at the checkin desk asking about the room.

If you’re talking about online checkin, it does not guarantee that you’ll get a room ready text. I’ve gone at least once a year, usually with multiple resorts in a trip, since before this incarnation of online checkin started, and I’ve gotten that text exactly once. Every other time we’ve ended up at the checkin desk asking about the room.
I wish Disney could get their systems to work properly. We are the opposite. Have gone many times and always get a text earlier in the day saying our room isn't quite ready yet then the actual text when it is. I wonder what the difference is between guests MDE accounts that causes this.

We have been on the ME and received a text saying our room is ready. We take the early flights out of MHT and arrive in MCO at around 10/11 am. We love this, even when the text states the room is not yet ready.

My last 3 or 4 trips, I got the room ready text when I was in line for DME or on the bus. I wondered if when you checkin for DME it triggers something to check on your room.

My last 3 or 4 trips, I got the room ready text when I was in line for DME or on the bus. I wondered if when you checkin for DME it triggers something to check on your room.
I don't think DME nor MDE have anything to do with it. We never use DME and we always get the room ready text, usually while we are still on the flight to MCO.

For those not getting texts try updating your phone number it should just be your area code and number no 1 in front of it as well. I had the same issue updates my number and never had an issue after.... I have gotten room ready before we took off when we landed eating in DS after we arrived and one time never (but I did get not ready yet) as it was after 4 and asked where my room was.... at 5 they gave me a different room.....as far as requests should not make a difference sometimes you get what you ask for sometimes close sometime the exact opposite.....

I have always thought checking in online allowed you to indicate your arrival time and perhaps increase your odds of getting a room ready early, especially when our flights normally arrive around 8am. We don't always get the room ready text despite getting the "room not quite ready text". On our most recent stay we went to 3 resorts. We did not get the text for the first one but I checked the app periodically for the room number and found out there. It was about 4:15pm when the room number appeared. The second resort we received the text at 3pm that our room was ready and at the 3rd resort I did not do online check in. We went to the desk to check-in around 11am, she asked if we were going to the park or waiting at the resort. I said we would be waiting. Our room was ready by 1pm. Maybe this means she had the ability to note we would be waiting for a room and was able to move us to one that was ready? Pure speculation but it sure does make me want to try skipping the online check in next time and see if it helps our chances of the earlier room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!