Universal Wedding

MikeNamez

DIS Veteran
Looking to have our Ceremony at Universal but was wondering if anyone has ever done this before. I know there is a bunch of information on the site but was looking for some first hand accounts. Any info is welcome!

No info hereby ..
Congrats on ur upcoming Ceremony Sounds like it’s going to be Amazing and funnnn

I have not seen any done at Universal but posting to keep your question on the first page of the forum....

Looking to have our Ceremony at Universal but was wondering if anyone has ever done this before. I know there is a bunch of information on the site but was looking for some first hand accounts. Any info is welcome!

We actually did a vow renewal ceremony October 2017 to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We had the ceremony and brunch at the Hard Rock hotel. It was AMAZING!! We put this together in about six weeks! We were given a list of vendors and chose a harpist, officiant, florist, and DJ from their list. They were all amazing! Happy to share details and photos if you'd like!

OP, winner winner, chicken dinner.....

Believe you now have a source that can share with you on wedding info procedures.

We actually did a vow renewal ceremony October 2017 to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We had the ceremony and brunch at the Hard Rock hotel. It was AMAZING!! We put this together in about six weeks! We were given a list of vendors and chose a harpist, officiant, florist, and DJ from their list. They were all amazing! Happy to share details and photos if you'd like!

That's awesome to hear, was worrying me a bit that nobody else had done it before here. We are looking to do things a bit differently and will probably stick with a Ceremony and then dinner after at Emril's or somewhere nice. (Should be less than 50 people as we are out of state)...

Do you folks live in FL... What was the process to pick the venue you like?...

We have done some research and it looks like we are down to Sapphire, Hard Rock or Royal Pacific. I'm coming down Solo in Sept for Horror Nights and was going to do some tours then.

Any other details regarding the process itself or pictures would be awesome, thanks!!

That's awesome to hear, was worrying me a bit that nobody else had done it before here. We are looking to do things a bit differently and will probably stick with a Ceremony and then dinner after at Emril's or somewhere nice. (Should be less than 50 people as we are out of state)...

Do you folks live in FL... What was the process to pick the venue you like?...

We have done some research and it looks like we are down to Sapphire, Hard Rock or Royal Pacific. I'm coming down Solo in Sept for Horror Nights and was going to do some tours then.

Any other details regarding the process itself or pictures would be awesome, thanks!!

We live in Buffalo, NY but my niece and family live in Orlando. We had a family vacation/reunion planned already for October 2017. We celebrated 30 years of marriage in September. We figured it would be a fun thing to do with everyone there already. The Hard Rock is our Orlando "home" so we chose there. I contacted them and the TM, Heather(she is AMAZING), helped us to plan everything. They provide you with an approved vendor list and ceremony choices. They also provide a wedding planner. We picked the grotto. It's a lovely space on the walkway from HRH to the parks. We had a brunch following at the Pantry(private room adjacent to the Kitchen restaurant). We had brunch and a DJ. The chef created a wedding cake for us as well. I told my husband- this was better (and much easier) than our original wedding.

Have to add- that night the adults did a private RIP tour at HHN!! Not exactly traditional- but so fun! Only in Orlando!

IMG_1835.JPG IMG_1833.JPG

Last edited:
Here's a few more pictures. I can't say enough about how wonderful our experience was at Universal. I know Disney seems to be the wedding choice, but Universal was so easy to work with and much more economical! It was truly a memorable experience!

IMG_1832.JPG IMG_1837.JPG IMG_1838.JPG

Last edited:
Lovely pictures Patty.........:)

We saw the beach at RPR set up for a wedding once.......it was gorgeous!

Don’t know anyone personally who’s done it though.....but seems the settings they have you can’t really go wrong with anywhere at Universal..........

found this by googling:

If the links do not open, all 4 of the hotels have the info in the UO website.

contact info is listed in the hotel listings
pbh
rpr
hrh
sfalls

Unique Hotel Wedding Venues at Universal Orlando® Resort
https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/places...hotels/weddings.../index.htm

We have already reached out, just looking to see what the behind the scenes is like.
We live in Buffalo, NY but my niece and family live in Orlando. We had a family vacation/reunion planned already for October 2017. We celebrated 30 years of marriage in September. We figured it would be a fun thing to do with everyone there already. The Hard Rock is our Orlando "home" so we chose there. I contacted them and the TM, Heather(she is AMAZING), helped us to plan everything. They provide you with an approved vendor list and ceremony choices. They also provide a wedding planner. We picked the grotto. It's a lovely space on the walkway from HRH to the parks. We had a brunch following at the Pantry(private room adjacent to the Kitchen restaurant). We had brunch and a DJ. The chef created a wedding cake for us as well. I told my husband- this was better (and much easier) than our original wedding.

Have to add- that night the adults did a private RIP tour at HHN!! Not exactly traditional- but so fun! Only in Orlando!

View attachment 315827 View attachment 315826

Fantastic, pictures everything looked great. This is the exact info i was looking for so i can pass along to my Fiance. I don't think i could get her to do an HHN night but ill be scouting the locations in September when Im there. Sounds like you guys had a great experience, I'm pretty sure we will be going ahead with this as well! Thanks again, much appreciated!!!!!

Fantastic, pictures everything looked great. This is the exact info i was looking for so i can pass along to my Fiance. I don't think i could get her to do an HHN night but ill be scouting the locations in September when Im there. Sounds like you guys had a great experience, I'm pretty sure we will be going ahead with this as well! Thanks again, much appreciated!!!!!

No problem at all! Happy to help. And Congratulations!! please let me know if there's anything else I can help with. Be sure to come back and tell us all about the details!!

Here's a few more pictures. I can't say enough about how wonderful our experience was at Universal. I know Disney seems to be the wedding choice, but Universal was so easy to work with and much more economical! It was truly a memorable experience!

View attachment 315830 View attachment 315831 View attachment 315832

Gorgeous!!! Wanted to do a vow renewal for our 30th but bad timing. Still on my list and your experience gives me inspiration and a location I never thought of!

As for weddings, we rode boat from Sapphire Falls with a bride and her wedding party at park opening last April. Very curious where they were heading off to. Did spot them a bit later at Harry Potter area IOA which made me wonder if they do weddings in the parks.

Gorgeous!!! Wanted to do a vow renewal for our 30th but bad timing. Still on my list and your experience gives me inspiration and a location I never thought of!

As for weddings, we rode boat from Sapphire Falls with a bride and her wedding party at park opening last April. Very curious where they were heading off to. Did spot them a bit later at Harry Potter area IOA which made me wonder if they do weddings in the parks.

I'm just emailed Universal for more info, once i speak with the rep ill let you know because i would be interested to see if anything could be done inside of Diagon as a surprise (Finance is a huge potter fan).

Thanks!!- yes a vow renewal is amazing! I'm so glad we did it!!

I'm just emailed Universal for more info, once i speak with the rep ill let you know because i would be interested to see if anything could be done inside of Diagon as a surprise (Finance is a huge potter fan).

Let us know about the possibility of in-park venues!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!