Universal Volunteer Package GKTW for 2019?

Derry Wade

Disney dreaming :-)
Considering a first time visit to Universal with kids ages 8 & 12 for spring break 2019. Stumbled upon info for 2018 packages that include a 4 hr volunteer shift at GKTW for anyone ages 8 & up. Sounds amazing! Does anyone know when Universal releases 2019 packages and/or if we can arrange all this separately or do we have to go through Universal for the kids to be able to volunteer? Thanks!

I would contact uo by email for dates for this package

I did have a link on the faq sticky but info in it is not for next year

Use the search button to find the thread about this program

We had an interesting thread in it but don’t remember when it was last active

It included info about the program that universal has set up with that organization

I've been checking the sticky and looks like I removed it in the spring.
I did copy this info for you Derry Wade

U.S. Volunteers
  • Complete a volunteer application and waiver
  • Undergo online check of the Department of Justice Sex Offender Registry
  • Parental Agreement: Potential volunteers aged 12-17* must have their parent/guardian complete and submit this form either at the Village or via fax (888-577-9406)
  • Proof of valid State Issued Photo ID
  • Volunteer Orientation: volunteers that live within 90 miles of the Village must attend an orientation session. If you live outside of the 90 mile radius you will receive an orientation upon checking in the first day of your volunteer experience.
I'll look up the UO program and post it here for you when I find it.

Did find this program with Universal which is from 2015

GIVE BACK DURING YOUR VACATION WITH UNIVERSAL ORLANDO’S VOLUNTEER VACATION PACKAGE

• Jimmy-Clarity_avatar_1473703016-25x25.jpg

Jimmy Clarity
    • November 24, 2015
Share this post:

• Universal Orlando Resort is offering a special opportunity with a new Volunteer Vacation Package.

Give Kids The World Village is a 70-acre, nonprofit “storybook” resort that immerses children with life-threatening conditions and their families in joy, hope, laughter and non-stop fun at Central Florida’s world-class attractions.

With this vacation, you spend two days at Universal Orlando’s two award-winning theme parks and one day making dreams come true for children battling life-threatening illnesses. At Give Kids The World Village, kids come face-to-face with their favorite storybook characters, receive makeovers and face paintings, enjoy special ice cream parties and more.

With each package booked, Universal Orlando will donate $100 to Give Kids The World Village.

If you’re interested in turning your next vacation into something more, book your very own Volunteer Vacation Package.
  • The last package I can find for this program is for this current year and could not find anything for 2019.
Contact UO for next years program.
I'm sure they will still have it.

VOLUNTEER VACATION

• AfAmerFam799.jpg
    • GKTW799b.jpg
Give Kids The World Village, these precious little ones and their families experience a memorable, joyful, weeklong, cost-free visit to Central Florida's attractions and are immersed in joy, hope and nonstop fun for a few unforgettably happy days.
Your family can experience this life-changing opportunity in one convenient vacation package!
Universal Orlando Resort™ is an entire universe of action and thrills featuring spectacular theme parks unlike anything else in Orlando. At Universal Studios™, Universal's Islands of Adventure™, and Universal's Volcano Bay™ every member of the family can share unforgettable experiences together. You can have the ultimate adventure, enjoy fun with your kids, rejuvenate yourself, have a romantic dinner and challenge yourself on incredible theme park rides.
If you'd like to help others experience that same fun, Universal Orlando Resort invites you and your family to take part in a unique vacation opportunity at Give Kids The World Village, a nonprofit "storybook" resort for children with life-threatening illnesses and their families.
Package details:
3 Night On-site Hotel Getaways starting from
$215* per adult, per night, tax inclusive
(No additional fee to volunteer)
Valid for booking 2/27/18 – 12/12/18, based on availability and travel NOW - 12/31/18.

Plus, Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations will donate $100 to Give Kids the World for Every Package Purchased!
TO BOOK THIS PACKAGE CALL
(855) 275-4955

• 3-Night Hotel Accommodations
    • 3-Park 3-Day Park-to-Park Ticket with 2 Days Free^ to Universal Studios Florida™, Universal's Islands of Adventure™ AND Universal's Volcano Bay™ (Valid for bookings now - 9/13/18 and travel now - 9/17/18)
    • Early Park Admission◊ to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ and Universal's Volcano Bay™ one hour before the park opens (valid theme park admission required)
    • A four-hour volunteer opportunity for you and your family at Give Kids The World
    • FREE roundtrip transportation between hotel and Give Kids The World Village provided by Quick Transportation

For Package Bookings after September 17, 2018
Package will include a 3-Park 3-Day Park-to-Park Ticket^^ which includes
admission to Universal Studios Florida™, Universal's Islands of Adventure™
AND Universal's Volcano Bay™
plusIcon.jpg
Disclaimer

I've been checking the sticky and looks like I removed it in the spring.
I did copy this info for you Derry Wade

U.S. Volunteers

• Complete a volunteer application and waiver
    • Undergo online check of the Department of Justice Sex Offender Registry
    • Parental Agreement: Potential volunteers aged 12-17* must have their parent/guardian complete and submit this form either at the Village or via fax (888-577-9406)
    • Proof of valid State Issued Photo ID
    • Volunteer Orientation: volunteers that live within 90 miles of the Village must attend an orientation session. If you live outside of the 90 mile radius you will receive an orientation upon checking in the first day of your volunteer experience.
I'll look up the UO program and post it here for you when I find it.
Thank you! I did find some additional GKTW general info on another DIS thread as well. The UO info for 2018 says kids can be as young as 8, but I will call to verify!

I"m glad to help

I did put the info in a thread in one of the other Disboards as I was helping a poster find info.
I was trying to do a search on the Dis to find that thread where I posted some months ago to add info for them.

It is always best to call and make sure what is on the website is current or has had changes.

I think you will be fine taking the 8 yo to help volunteer.

I believe another poster had mentioned they took a younger child like yours but the child had to stay with the parent during the volunteer time.

Following along - I am doing a solo trip in November and would love to spend some time volunteering here while waiting for the rest of my party to arrive.

Thanks so much for this information ;)

I know GTKTW loves to have volunteers at their village.

But sometimes doing the package with UO that partners with the village is a good deal.

I'm going to try and do a search on the thread in the Dis where it was about this program and village.
It might take me awhile but what I find, I will share here.

I believe if you do the UO package, they provide the transportation for your volunterring time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter