Universal Tickets - would someone check my maths please?

mickeyforpresident

DIS Veteran
Hello Disers,
We are lucky enough to have two upcoming trips to Florida. One this December (12 days) and the second (3 weeks in August). We are trying to get the best deal on Universal tickets. During the Christmas trip we are only staying 1 night and so just 2 days in the park, the Summer trip 7 days in Universal.

So, pricing up a single ticket on the Universal website for two days costs $254 which (using 1.3 exchange rate) is £195; a Summer "proper" UK ticket is £249 which makes for £444 each. Now, a Universal annual pass (the "third" tier one with no black out dates because the black out dates just so happen to be during our Christmas trip) is $384, which I work out to be £295 (suggesting a saving of £149 for each of us)....

Do I have this right???!!! Seems a little ridiculous?!

And if so, has anyone any experience of Annual Passes? Do I need to know anything?

Thanks folks!

Hi

No experience with annual tickets however I was surprised at the price and checked the price we last paid for a UK two park 14 ticket in 2013 and wow have they gone up I paid £109 for adults and £99 for children.

As far as advice I would give them a call and see what the best deal is for you, but looking at the info on the sites I would say your maths is correct.

Regards

Paul

We've had Uni APs a few times when we've had trips within 12 months of each other.

Always get the Premier Pass, Express after 4pm, free valet, no blackouts. Savings are better comparing the AP against 2x 14 day tickets. - But sounds like you're staying on site.

Don't forget the tax in your maths, go through on the website to the point where you'd pay to get your final price :) - A 2 Park Premier is £442GBP @1.3 exchange rate, Preffered £315 GBP

I think you forgot tax, but even then it's gonna make you a saving :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter